Bulk vending for full time income?

TKK

Hey guys just curious. Who of you do bulk for a living. How many years have you been at it? And on a personal note how much do you make a year? Do you have a warehouse? In your garage? Do you have a hard time getting loans since you cant really prove income?thanx to anyone whos willing to share their info. Im sure youve worked your butt off to get to this state.

Hey guys just curious. Who of you do bulk for a living. How many years have you been at it? And on a personal note how much do you make a year? Do you have a warehouse? In your garage? Do you have a hard time getting loans since you cant really prove income?thanx to anyone whos willing to share their info. Im sure youve worked your butt off to get to this state.

Wendi quite her full time job in 2005. I still work full time. We still operate out of our 1 car garage and a 10x30 storage unit. We were able to get business loans before we stopped using credit by using the equipment as collateral both with our hometown bank and Firestone Financial. We don't take any income from the business and wont till I can join full time.

Mike

I have been vending since 1995. Any full time operator should be able to prove their income unless they are dodging taxes. I have never borrowed money for my business. I have a full time employee. Income is very good.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I think it just depends on numbers and what your willing to envision. Personally, I need to focus on toys, gum, or singles, doubles maybe. Im only gonna keep the u turns as a part time type thing and possibly sell them off when enough is enough. But im not getting rid of them as of yet because it took a lot of effort to get them all placed and i need the extra work for now.

I think it just depends on numbers and what your willing to envision. Personally, I need to focus on toys, gum, or singles, doubles maybe. Im only gonna keep the u turns as a part time type thing and possibly sell them off when enough is enough. But im not getting rid of them as of yet because it took a lot of effort to get them all placed and i need the extra work for now.

Why get rid of them completely? Just swap out a double at each location.

I only have switched out equipment one time. I replaced a vendstar with a shootin hoops machine. I ran it by the manager before. In your situation I would just explain that you are bringing in a better quality machine that has less products and is a lot smaller.

would it be best to tell the person in charge or just do it

Who's vending business is it? Yours or the location owners? Who is in charge? Them or you? I made a pitch to one location, they asked if they can decide what toys to put in the machines. I told them flat out: No.

Who's vending business is it? Yours or the location owners? Who is in charge? Them or you? I made a pitch to one location, they asked if they can decide what toys to put in the machines. I told them flat out: No.

I no longer let locations dictate what I vend even if I have to lose a location here or there and bottom line has gotten better. Only time I look for locations approval is if my foot print is getting bigger and thats only if space is limited.

TKK Ive been vending for 18 months full time... 21 years part time..should have been vending full time all those years! 18 months ago I went full time after a layoff. I had about 40 locations at the time I was laid off. With my severance package I went full time. 300 locations, about 95% candy. No racks.

My goal is to never have more than 10 machines in my garage. I have a 3 car garage so I use one wall of the 3 door for my vending supplies. I only run about 5 different items to keep inventory down and ease of servicing the routes.

I see that you use Vendstars, that was one of the ways I was able to build my route quikly, never pay more than forty dollars for a Vendstar..new condition. You can change out to a different machine later if needed. Not sure where you are but there is a guy in Fairfield right now selling some good ones on CL for 40. I bought 30 from him about 16 months ago. Contact me if you need help finding him.

Income...Little shy about this part but I make a nice living and am able to spend my free time helping my church and I am a member of our local Kiwanis club. Vending can provide a very nice flexible schedule.

Loans.... I think if you document everything you do, a loan might be attainable. Sometimes you can find the right lender by proving your income even though you may not claim it.

Hope this helps.

I'll be full time by Nov. 2013 (23 more months working for the man) I hope to make 45-50K my first year full time, thats after product and expense but before taxes. I guess thats the good thing about having a low salary not gonna take much to replace it plu some (currently about 31-32k)

for loans I meant vehicle and mortgage. Its a little hard for me cuz I dont get paid hourly and banks want to see stability. However if your credit score is over 700 you dont usually have to prove income which is how ive gotten my truck etc.

Don't let them tell you what product to use but if they make a suggestion do listen. If you do swap types of machines always run it by the owner or manager. You are doing business in their building an you should respect that.

Don't let them tell you what product to use but if they make a suggestion do listen. If you do swap types of machines always run it by the owner or manager. You are doing business in their building an you should respect that.

Right that's what i was asking

I have been vending since 1995. Any full time operator should be able to prove their income unless they are dodging taxes. I have never borrowed money for my business. I have a full time employee. Income is very good.

always been curious because it seems like you need some hell of a volume

in bulk to make a good income how many years/locations did it take you

to become FT?

always been curious because it seems like you need some hell of a volume

in bulk to make a good income how many years/locations did it take you

to become FT?

I have been full time for a number of years. I do all comm locations and focus on 100 plus a month spots. I do a good job keeping cost down. I have a few thousand heads out and the best thing I ever did was go to .50 on the bottom and .75 on top. I do standard racks with some sports vendors mixed in. And I have just gotten into plush. I have been buying every good used crane I can get my hands on. If your doing racks and live below your means you can go full time at around 500 heads.

I am not full time and only been at it for 3 yrs (still in early stages), but I am averaging $14.50/head a month. You can do the math and figure out how many heads you would need to go full time, some people require more to live on than others , so noone can really say "this is what you need". I would have to be crazier than a calico on cat nip to quit my full time and try to make it on vending alone at this stage, although it would be nice.

don't leave a cushy unionized job

Archived