What plans do you have for 2012

havending

Well this morning before the crack of dawn we started up the vans to start our 2012. As I waived by to my route guy I started to think about what I want out of this year. I would like gain 300 heads through route purchase or placing. And pick up 10 to 15 cranes. Last year we kicked service vending in the nuts 15 times by taking locations and we have four more lined up the we are ordering machines for now. The economy is improving and new locations are starting to open and that's good for the bulk business. I'm also glad to see some newbies here its a good sign to see people investing in a business. So what's your plans this year?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

After buying 75 hoops last year, I will be working on placing the other 50 not on location hopefully by the end of April. Then I plan on working on getting 300 gumball machines and placing those. Since I drive for a livivg this will probably take the rest of the year to do. Then sit back and evaluate the route and prune as neccessary.

2012 is going to be one of those years where I'm going to sit tight and maintain what I have.

I don't plan on making too many hardware purchases, or on route expansions.

Ask me about my ambitions for 2013 and 2014, and they will be very different than 2012.

I'm going to be saving up for my move to CA in about a year and a half.

Any recommendations on how I should proceed would be welcome. I'm trying to determine if it would be better to sell off my routes and equipment and not have to worry about moving it all, then just starting fresh in CA, or to just pick up all my hardware and move it with me.

Decisions, decisions.

Get the last 9 of my triple heads which are currently in storage out on location (which will bring me to a total of 38 machines on location), upgrade all locations not doing better than $12 per month, then start converting all machines over to 50 cent mechanisms.

I'm also considering the pros and cons of possibly trying my hand in a couple full size snack/pop machines but I cant decide if the money would be better spent on doubling my bulk route size or going down that road... We'll see what the year brings!

I now have 75 Gumball locations and will add 25 more in the next 3 months. The most important thing I am going to do: Place 100 acrylic counter mint boxes in 12 months by placing 8 per month (OK 96 locations. I am making this a slow process so I can learn through the process. I will use 2 for 25 mints and where needed 2 for 25 tootsie roll minis. I really think this box can make as much as a double gumball. There has been a lot of questions about mint honor boxes and I will post the progress on the forum. Look for Mint Boxes. I only hope too many don't walk away. Any tips along the way will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. Harvey

I've got 10 machines now, 7 out...I have 3 on order...my plan is to get 2 new machines ordered and out each month....I want at least 30 out by years end......My goal is get about 100 out in GOOD producing locations in the longer term

My goal for 2012 is to obtain 100 locations with singles and double heads. I know that I want to also put out the 3 racks that I have in storage. Some say there's no way I can do it but i have news for them I have 4 locators working this week to secure me locations and of the 4 im going to purchase 100 locations from them... should keep them busy for a couple of months

2011 was my final year of expansion. I now have my nice little nest egg that I can sit back and enjoy. As long as the locations I have don't close or throw me out, I won't have to do any locating. I also have a nice little label business on the side. I'm retired from the work force, collecting SS and pension and enjoying every minute of it. Man, what a pleasure 2012 will be. :D

2011 was my final year of expansion. I now have my nice little nest egg that I can sit back and enjoy. As long as the locations I have don't close or throw me out, I won't have to do any locating. I also have a nice little label business on the side. I'm retired from the work force, collecting SS and pension and enjoying every minute of it. Man, what a pleasure 2012 will be. :D

Im not retired! just tired! cheesy.gif but seriously, im glad you are at a place in your life you can enjoy things.

Congrats Bacho!! Enjoy!!

I am new to vending so my goals are probably very different from an experienced vet. I have a few goals.

1. Get all my licenses that I need for vending (yay for an easy goal!).

2. Decide what type of machines I want to buy, can not decide between a couple. (going to start off with 2 and go from there)

3. Find some locations to place said machines.

4. Buy a vehicle capable of moving all the product I will need to.

5. Find out what people want in the vending machines.

6. Buy more machines and find more locations.

Congrats for reaching your goals and maintaining. That is where i want to get eventually.

I have some work to do in 2012.

I have been waiting for equipment to come in from China since October. I should have it by mid January. I have an expansion of corporate accounts that I will be testing new equipment in. I am starting with 20 locations and will add 40-60 more stores after the test results are in. I have their San Diego stores now and will also be responsible for their Los Angeles market in 2012.

I have equipment in storage that I have to find new homes for. I have targeted a list of locations that I will start talking to in the next couple of weeks.

I will continue to fine tune price changes and product selection throughout the year.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After about 15 years out of the business I started up again last March and went from 0 to 43 locations. My plan for 2012 is to:

1. add a minimum of 57 more locations to bring me to 100.

2. Have growth in single head gumballs

3. Convert some locations to racks and begin to distribute toys.

4. Consider another vehicle devoted solely to vending.

• 3 months later...

My goal for 2012 is to obtain 100 locations with singles and double heads. I know that I want to also put out the 3 racks that I have in storage. Some say there's no way I can do it but i have news for them I have 4 locators working this week to secure me locations and of the 4 im going to purchase 100 locations from them... should keep them busy for a couple of months

You had some lofty goals for 2012, and started out pretty strong. How have you been doing so far? How have all the locators done for you?

We miss ya buddy! :(

Sent from the pay phone at 34th and Vine using Tapatalk 2

1) get a couple of honor box locations

2) add 1-2 cranes to route

3) find homes for the 5 or so racks I have in the warehouse

4) organize warehouse for quicker loading/unloading of supplies

5) 30k in sales

how is everyone doing with their 2012 goals??here is my progress:

1)I added 1 honor box location.may add more later but I have been busy with my other goals.

2)added one crane,have a couple locations that want one too and will be getting more soon

3)found homes for 3 of the 5 racks I have in storage

4)organized my warehouse for more efficient loading/unloading

5)first quarter earnings dont indicate I will make this goal.however with over a half dozen new locations and other tweeks I think this goal will be easily met.

my goals for this year is to add 40 new machines and locations. I just bought 20 machines and have 15 locations so I need 25 locations and 20 more machines. Of course if I make that happen I will probably be looking to add 20 more. I now have 60 candy machines and 40 buzz bites out and have 5 machines in the garage.

I also have been offered 20 machines that a mission has been given on a 60 40 split.

Archived