when locating for honor boxes...

shelara00

Do you generally take the box with you? Or bring it another day?

I kind of feel like it would be harder for someone to say 'no' if I walked in carrying a box of snacks and held it under their nose, as opposed to just a flyer with a picture of the box.

Also, I'm thinking about getting some plastic tokens and saying something like 'Commit to the box for a month and I'll give you X number of tokens, each of which can be redeemed for a free snack'.

So it is kind of like saying 'Would you like a free snack? Right here? Right now?' Who can say no to that?

Bring it with you. The longer you leave them without the box, the more reasons they come up with not to have it. I personally wouldn't mess with the tokens, I try to keep vending simple. Honor boxes are a simple concept, and people don't like what they foresee as a gimmick attached to it.

Do you generally take the box with you? Or bring it another day?

I kind of feel like it would be harder for someone to say 'no' if I walked in carrying a box of snacks and held it under their nose, as opposed to just a flyer with a picture of the box.

Also, I'm thinking about getting some plastic tokens and saying something like 'Commit to the box for a month and I'll give you X number of tokens, each of which can be redeemed for a free snack'.

So it is kind of like saying 'Would you like a free snack? Right here? Right now?' Who can say no to that?

I'm going to give you a link to my presentation. You will also find a video of me giving my presentation. I explain my presentation and I hope it helps you. Good luck!

http://www.vending-business-information.com/honor-box.html

Heck yeah bring it with Yah! No time to change anyone's mind!

Heck yeah bring it with Yah! No time to change anyone's mind!

Watching my sister she just goes in with the box and she comes out empty handed. She walked into insurance offices, cell phone sales centers, auto repair, etc. She also carries flyers with her and she will go in with a couple of free snacks with her flyer. She has gotten 22 accounts in 10 days. Working 2 hours a day.

Anybody want to hire her....she is good. Just kidding of course.

I think this is a very simple thing to sell, just take a box in with you, if you decided not to take the box take a nice colored picture with a filled box, and emphasize that it is very small and can go anywhere.

I went out for the afternoon locating honor boxes today. Taking the box in and out of the car wears you out (atleast it wore me out). It went really really well. Stopped in some larger cell phone places, used car dealers, tire stores and realty companies. Looking back, taking the box in had better results. Went in to a large Sherwin Williams store with the box, had to fight them off to take it out of there since there were only two guys working each day.

Hats off to all of you honor box business owners. That is hard work but fun.

This brings up a good question. What is the minimum amount of people that need to work at the store in order to drop a honor box?

You can always refill the box at a slower rate for locations with a smaller amount of employees, but is it worth it?

This brings up a good question. What is the minimum amount of people that need to work at the store in order to drop a honor box?

You can always refill the box at a slower rate for locations with a smaller amount of employees, but is it worth it?

I wouldn't pass anything up. Especially if you can squeeze it in between stops along the way. Money is money anyway you look at it.

I wouldn't pass anything up. Especially if you can squeeze it in between stops along the way. Money is money anyway you look at it.

i agree however i have pulled boxes for low sales, because the cost

of adding a new location is very low i try any account that says yes some

may suprise you it costs nothing to pull the box later if the sales stink

I'll leave a box anywhere there's at least one person. It really only takes one to make a successful box.

Sherwin williams is a great acct for me don't discount those small shops they can surprise u sometimes

Since you guys are the experts here I told her to go back to Williams. She ordered some smaller white boxes that she can add next to some of her better locations. The larger box is great but it doesn't hold more than $15 dollars. With the side car white box that has a huge slot for the money so they can just drop it in either. She also made that white box a pastry box. So far she has targeted offices with 20 plus employees (great), teachers lounges (not so great), tire stores (great) and any type of auto repair (great, extra great on the pastry box).

I really think her success has a lot to do with her personality. She is just very kind and sweet. People like her and I think that helps in the end. They don't want to steal from her.

Since you guys are the experts here I told her to go back to Williams. She ordered some smaller white boxes that she can add next to some of her better locations. The larger box is great but it doesn't hold more than $15 dollars. With the side car white box that has a huge slot for the money so they can just drop it in either. She also made that white box a pastry box. So far she has targeted offices with 20 plus employees (great), teachers lounges (not so great), tire stores (great) and any type of auto repair (great, extra great on the pastry box).

I really think her success has a lot to do with her personality. She is just very kind and sweet. People like her and I think that helps in the end. They don't want to steal from her.

I find teachers lounges and government offices to be the worst for theft. I guess the government has gotten so used to stealing from people that it's rubbed off on those it employs...

Blue collar places tend to do the best for me (both in volume and shortage).

I use large (~100 item) boxes, but in some places that eat a lot of snacks I'll leave a second box just so I don't have to service the account as often. A couple of my stops will routinely beat my best full-size snack machines on gross sales.

As for business size I have a few stops (ones I inherited from the previous owner) where I have never see a single person when servicing the box in the past four months - yet somehow the box is nearly empty when I get back and the coin-box is full, so obviously someone is there at some point (maybe its the snack-fairy?)

I find teachers lounges and government offices to be the worst for theft. I guess the government has gotten so used to stealing from people that it's rubbed off on those it employs...

Blue collar places tend to do the best for me (both in volume and shortage).

I use large (~100 item) boxes, but in some places that eat a lot of snacks I'll leave a second box just so I don't have to service the account as often. A couple of my stops will routinely beat my best full-size snack machines on gross sales.

As for business size I have a few stops (ones I inherited from the previous owner) where I have never see a single person when servicing the box in the past four months - yet somehow the box is nearly empty when I get back and the coin-box is full, so obviously someone is there at some point (maybe its the snack-fairy?)

I know what you mean Bob. Some of her boxes do so well its hard for me to believe it. Darn, the box cost about $5.00 and at this rate she might clear a hundred bucks on it this month.

Wow. Looks like she is in the right businesss.

That is aggrivating to hear about the coinbox. I was considering ordering Dennis' boxes. Do you need the coin box? I would imagine the section would hold more without it.

You should convince your friend to join the forum and post her experience. She sounds like a great lady.

Just read your message Denis and I sent an email to the factory to get my die out for the large coin box and get some cut.

The woodgrain box has a large coin box and in the next few weeks we will be offering a large coin box for the white box. I want you to know your input is appreciated and customer satifaction is job one for me.

Thanks

Dennis

Just read your message Denis and I sent an email to the factory to get my die out for the large coin box and get some cut.

The woodgrain box has a large coin box and in the next few weeks we will be offering a large coin box for the white box. I want you to know your input is appreciated and customer satifaction is job one for me.

Thanks

Dennis

Great customer service Dennis, I appreicate it. How much would the coinbox in the woodgrain boxes hold?

I took a look at your snackbox forum and it has some great info. I am glad to see you are supporting people who want to get into the business rather than just selling boxes. This puts you a step above other vendors in my book.

Thanks

Dennis

I was thinking she could just pull that small box out and let the money just collect but when you bring it back its hard to get it out without taking the whole box apart. Glad to hear your working on the problem.

Wow. Looks like she is in the right businesss.

That is aggrivating to hear about the coinbox. I was considering ordering Dennis' boxes. Do you need the coin box? I would imagine the section would hold more without it.

You should convince your friend to join the forum and post her experience. She sounds like a great lady.

She is afraid someone might attack her verbally or say something negative (which I am sure would not happen). I think its important to share the journey but her, not so much.

----------------------------------------------------

I wonder if she were to put her photo and maybe a little story about herself and her business on each box it would help personalize the box. It may remind the 'tempted' would-be snack stealer that instead of just taking something from a generic box, that in reality they are stealing from a real nice person.

Jerry

I wonder if she were to put her photo and maybe a little story about herself and her business on each box it would help personalize the box. It may remind the 'tempted' would-be snack stealer that instead of just taking something from a generic box, that in reality they are stealing from a real nice person.

Jerry

I am thinking of doing something similar with my boxes. I wasn't planning on posting a photo but planned to have a sign with a personal message like:

Welcome to your Snack Box!

My name is Denis. I buy, stock and refill your snacks.

This snack box is based on the honor system. Each snack costs $1.

Grab a snack and place your money in the slot on top of the box

($1 bills, quarters, whatever works).

Have a question or comment? I love hearing from my customers!

You can e-mail me at XXXXXXX or give me a call at XXXXXXXXX

Something along those lines so the customers know there is a person behind the box.

Jerry

wont matter people who steal are gonna steal thats just how it is.

remember they are stealing AT WORK anyone who steals at work

doesnt care about much because they are risking their job too

wont matter people who steal are gonna steal thats just how it is.

remember they are stealing AT WORK anyone who steals at work

doesnt care about much because they are risking their job too

I do not think their manager will fire them for stealing a bag of chips from the snack box.

I think adding a personal touch is a good idea. Knowing who you are buying from makes you less likely to steal. If you remember that article from way back about the guy who sold bagels, at his office where they knew him the shrinkage was 2% but at different offices where they did not it was 15%. Knowing you are stealing from a person feels different than stealing from a machine or company.

I do not think their manager will fire them for stealing a bag of chips from the snack box.

A good manager will.

Most experienced managers know that someone who steals from anyone at the office will also steal from the company.

Archived