Coinco Guardian 6000/MC7200 Bill Acceptor

kiwi

I am looking at purchasing some Coinco Guardian Coin Changers and MC7200 Bill Acceptors & am wondering if anyone has any advice or opinion on them?

I haven't used any Coinco equipment for the past 10 years as I have been using MEI & NRI coin mech's & ICT Note Acceptors but have been given a good deal on some Coinco's by our NZ agent so am thinking about changing back to them.

I am looking at purchasing some Coinco Guardian Coin Changers and MC7200 Bill Acceptors & am wondering if anyone has any advice or opinion on them?

I haven't used any Coinco equipment for the past 10 years as I have been using MEI & NRI coin mech's & ICT Note Acceptors but have been given a good deal on some Coinco's by our NZ agent so am thinking about changing back to them.

I've got one Coinco Guardian in a Coke lease machine (DN5000) that was installed on location last summer. This week it died on me. Don't know if it was new or not when it was put in the machine but it sure looked pretty close to new. So from my very limited experience so far I'm not impressed. The replacement I got from the Tech was new so I guess only time will tell.

I currently have 10 Guardians out in the field working. As I was purchasing and placing them into service over the last several years, each and every one of them had problems, ranging from the dime tube constantly jamming to the mechs not giving the correct change back, especially the dollar coins. Every one of my Guardians had to be sent back to Coinco for service. I haven't had any more problems out of them since i've gotten them back. Seems as if there was a common issue with all of them. Hopefully the problems have been eradicated with the newer units. Also, the way that you access the coin tubes by pressing down a lever and swinging out the coin tube cassette is pretty akward and not precise. Sometimes I have to try several times to close the coin tube cassette and get it to properly seat in its' closed position. I'm always afraid that i'm going to break the lever or cassette when opening or closing it. Personally, I won't buy any more Guardians...

Haven't ever even touched a Guardian, I have just heard about how displeased people are with them. USE MEI! Their 7512 coin mech is the best on the market. You can pick them up on eBay like new or refurbished for $150 max if you don't want to pay for a new one. You will be lucky to have one of those go out on you in its first 5 years.

Just had another thought... I've got an almost new 7512 that just came in today. I'll sell it to you for $155 shipped, and offer a 1 year parts and service warranty on it. If you are interested and want it, come back on this forum in February of 2013 and tell us if it outperformed anything else you had. Also, keep us posted on its functionalty between now and then. And hey, you don't even have to buy it from me, I was just offering. Get a good one anywhere and give everyone on this forum feedback.

I can't lose bragging on an exceptional product. My number is 970-623-1272.

Just had another thought... I've got an almost new 7512 that just came in today. I'll sell it to you for $155 shipped, and offer a 1 year parts and service warranty on it. If you are interested and want it, come back on this forum in February of 2013 and tell us if it outperformed anything else you had. Also, keep us posted on its functionalty between now and then. And hey, you don't even have to buy it from me, I was just offering. Get a good one anywhere and give everyone on this forum feedback.

I can't lose bragging on an exceptional product. My number is 970-623-1272.

I wish I could buy one off you but because am based in Auckland, New Zealand we would need a mech for a 240vac-50Hz Machine that is set-up for NZ currency.

I agree with you that the MEI Cashflow 7000 is a great mech & we do use them here along with the older MEI Cashflow 690's. Currently we have 3 MEI Cashflow 7000 in our route & have never had an issue with any them to date so would jump at the chance to buy some more especially for US$155 as they cost around NZ$900-US$750 per unit here new.

The main reason I was looking at Coinco was because of the price. I can get a combo deal on a Coinco Guardian 6000 with a MC7200 Bill Acceptor for around the same price I am paying for the MEI 7000 so it would be like getting a FREE Bill Acceptor.

It looks like it may not be worth it though with what people are saying about them.. I am surprised Coinco haven't fixed all the problems they are having with them as I thought they were a pretty on to it company being that they also own Royal & InOne Technology.

I also see MEI are bringing out a new version called the MEI Cashflow 8000 but I don't think they will be available here in NZ for some time yet.

Thanks guy's for all your opinion's & response's so far as they are much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have 10 Guardians out in the field working. As I was purchasing and placing them into service over the last several years, each and every one of them had problems, ranging from the dime tube constantly jamming to the mechs not giving the correct change back, especially the dollar coins. Every one of my Guardians had to be sent back to Coinco for service. I haven't had any more problems out of them since i've gotten them back. Seems as if there was a common issue with all of them. Hopefully the problems have been eradicated with the newer units. Also, the way that you access the coin tubes by pressing down a lever and swinging out the coin tube cassette is pretty akward and not precise. Sometimes I have to try several times to close the coin tube cassette and get it to properly seat in its' closed position. I'm always afraid that i'm going to break the lever or cassette when opening or closing it. Personally, I won't buy any more Guardians...

Have you decided what brand mech's you will use in the future?

Archived