Bulk candy profit margin

wallstreeterww

This really varies by candy dimension, your commission rate, amount vended (again, dimensions) and your cost of goods, which varies from supplier to supplier and across the market as time goes on. Region has a great impact on candy popularity as well. Because it can vary wildly depending on the candy, what specifically are you looking for? I believe there is a good thread out there for the big sellers already (M&M's and whatnot), but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'll post a link when I find it.

We have a excel spreed sheet with item broke down into grams. I tried to copy and paste it but it turned into a big blob of works once posted. Try to avoid anything chocolate. The spread sheet tells me how much I can vend and stay under 20% COG. The cheapest candies are:

Boston Baked Beans

Nitwitz

Hot Tamales

Mike & Ikes

Skittle

Reese's Pieces

Skittles would be my first pick for ease of vending and shelf life.

It seems I've been mentioning this a lot lately but there is a spreadsheet in the download section that will automatically calculate cost per vend on anything for you. Simply adjust a few values to arrive at your desired vend.

Its called "percentage pricing spreadsheet"

Also, Big Mike, that spreadsheet you have sounds like a great "tool" and would look handsome in the "tool" download section.

wink-wink

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

I have never broke it down I guess I should so I can keep a keen eye on cogs and profit percentages I think this is one thing that helps seperate the full time from the part timers. I will be utilizing that spread sheet, thanks steve. I only have a handfull of accounts with candy left and they are all runts. Just ordered some bananarama from sams to swap out with runts selection. Haven't done M&M's in a while due to cost, Reese Pieces have recently gone up to, mike n ikes are to much trouble in this florida heat, skittles is the only other candy I might use again (they sell good in bars) other then hard pressed candies.

The first thing that you need to know is your cost of goods per vend. To do that, I have a simple, though time consuming method that works well. I buy a bag of candy, put it in the empty head and keep turning the dispensing wheel until I run out of candy and count the number of dispenses (this is easy to do on a Vendstar, I'm not sure about other machines) and then divide the price of the bag of candy by the number of vends and that gives me cost of goods per vend. Once you establish all the other variables, like sales tax, fuel expenses, etc., you add them to your cost of goods per vend and subtract from the vend price and you have your profit per vend.

The first thing that you need to know is your cost of goods per vend. To do that, I have a simple, though time consuming method that works well. I buy a bag of candy, put it in the empty head and keep turning the dispensing wheel until I run out of candy and count the number of dispenses (this is easy to do on a Vendstar, I'm not sure about other machines) and then divide the price of the bag of candy by the number of vends and that gives me cost of goods per vend. Once you establish all the other variables, like sales tax, fuel expenses, etc., you add them to your cost of goods per vend and subtract from the vend price and you have your profit per vend.

That's a good way to do it, although it does take awhile. I used to do it like this. After a while you can "guesstimate" your levels if you know your equipment, and then it's a breeze.

Archived