Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• BASIC +
  • 973 posts
  • State:New York City
  • Vending Type:Bulk
  • Vending Since:2000
Hi, folks I'm in the market for a new scale.Whats a good scale for weighting quarters?

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 935 posts
Dogcow suggested to use a Harbor Freight one in another thread. I bought it and returned it the next day. I didn't find it to be very accurate.

Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• BASIC +
  • 973 posts
Thats the problem that I'm having I cant find one thats acurate

Big Mike

Big Mike

Add your text here

• CHARTER
  • 875 posts
  • Vending Type:Full Line
  • Vending Since:2005
http://acucount.com/

ToddWebb

ToddWebb

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 68 posts
Google for "Old Will Knott." You want a counting scale. Bought mine for around $350, I think, a couple years ago. Accurate enough to count tiny LEGO pieces - certainly accurate enough for quarters.

There are some scales (perhaps mine? not sure) that have the ability to remember a few items. That way, each time you go to count, you don't have to "prime" it by counting out 20 or 30 quarters; it will just remember what a quarter weighs.

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 3,359 posts
  • Vending Type:None

Dogcow suggested to use a Harbor Freight one in another thread. I bought it and returned it the next day. I didn't find it to be very accurate.

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.
because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

mainor5251

mainor5251

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 2,299 posts
I use a Pelouze brand scale, got it from office max for about $30-40 weighs up to 11 pounds ($220). had my doubts because of price but no complaints so far.

Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• BASIC +
  • 973 posts

http://acucount.com/

Thanks Mike I heard good things about Acucount

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 935 posts

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.
because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

Big Mike

Big Mike

Add your text here

• CHARTER
  • 875 posts
  • Vending Type:Full Line
  • Vending Since:2005
Our Acucount scales have been in service for awhile> Very accurate and durable. We just keep a container with a known dollar amount of quarters in it to check them for accuracy once in awhile.

Mike

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 3,359 posts

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

i use this one
http://www.harborfre...cale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho
just a few cranes i have are not metered.

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 935 posts

i use this one
http://www.harborfre...cale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho
just a few cranes i have are not metered.

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

sherlock

sherlock

Add your text here

• SUPPORTER
  • 3,784 posts
I also recommend Acucount...though I don't have the AC603.

I have an Acucount ACB101 that I've been using for a while.
I'm happy with it, but will be moving up to the AC603 soon.

The ACB101 has been as accurate and durable as I could hope for -- only reason I'm replacing is the $200 max limit on quarters on the ACB101.
As my route has grown to include higher dollar locations, that $200 limit has become an issue as I use the counter on location to pay commission.
The AC603 has a $1k limit on quarters.

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 3,359 posts

POPULAR

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

harbor freight stuff is hit and miss i got some reliable stuff from them
and some absolute junk, for example their heated adhesive remover (which is basically a
razor blade connected to a soldering iron) worked amazingly well
and a genius invention but burst into flames after 30 mins of use

first thing i would have done was changed out the batteries if the scale was acting funny
who knows tho they are known for price not really quality. i wish i was doing enough
business to need a $400 scale :)
  • Donovon and decaturjack like this

jayhawk22

jayhawk22

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 296 posts
  • Vending Since:1997
Put me down in the AcuCount column. I have used one for 15 years+ with no problems.

nepavend

nepavend

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 800 posts
  • State:PA
  • Vending Since:2006
Factory Express is a very good scale for me. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, it can weigh up to 60 pounds ($1200) no problem. Cost is higher (about $450-500) but very accurate to within a quarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users