Download Of The Month

The featured file for April is an assortment of soda machine labels. This file, submitted by vendcobros, is one of our most popular files and includes high quality, printable labels for popular brands like Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper and more. Download It!

(2448/742)

Photo

Coin Scale

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• SUPPORTER
  • 939 posts
  • State:New York City
  • Vending Type:Bulk
  • Vending Since:2000
Hi, folks I'm in the market for a new scale.Whats a good scale for weighting quarters?

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • Others: SUPPORTER
  • 843 posts
Dogcow suggested to use a Harbor Freight one in another thread. I bought it and returned it the next day. I didn't find it to be very accurate.

Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• SUPPORTER
  • 939 posts
Thats the problem that I'm having I cant find one thats acurate

Big Mike

Big Mike

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • Others: CHARTER
  • 822 posts
  • Vending Type:None
http://acucount.com/

ToddWebb

ToddWebb

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 68 posts
Google for "Old Will Knott." You want a counting scale. Bought mine for around $350, I think, a couple years ago. Accurate enough to count tiny LEGO pieces - certainly accurate enough for quarters.

There are some scales (perhaps mine? not sure) that have the ability to remember a few items. That way, each time you go to count, you don't have to "prime" it by counting out 20 or 30 quarters; it will just remember what a quarter weighs.

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • 3,359 posts

Dogcow suggested to use a Harbor Freight one in another thread. I bought it and returned it the next day. I didn't find it to be very accurate.

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.
because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

mainor5251

mainor5251

Add your text here

• SUPPORTER
  • 2,277 posts
I use a Pelouze brand scale, got it from office max for about $30-40 weighs up to 11 pounds ($220). had my doubts because of price but no complaints so far.

Rick Falcon

Rick Falcon

Charter

• SUPPORTER
  • 939 posts

http://acucount.com/

Thanks Mike I heard good things about Acucount

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • 843 posts

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.
because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

Big Mike

Big Mike

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • Others: CHARTER
  • 822 posts
Our Acucount scales have been in service for awhile> Very accurate and durable. We just keep a container with a known dollar amount of quarters in it to check them for accuracy once in awhile.

Mike

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • 3,359 posts

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

i use this one
http://www.harborfre...cale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho
just a few cranes i have are not metered.

Nick505

Nick505

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • 843 posts

i use this one
http://www.harborfre...cale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho
just a few cranes i have are not metered.

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

sherlock

sherlock

Add your text here

• Others: PROFESSIONAL, SUPPORTER
  • 3,513 posts
I also recommend Acucount...though I don't have the AC603.

I have an Acucount ACB101 that I've been using for a while.
I'm happy with it, but will be moving up to the AC603 soon.

The ACB101 has been as accurate and durable as I could hope for -- only reason I'm replacing is the $200 max limit on quarters on the ACB101.
As my route has grown to include higher dollar locations, that $200 limit has become an issue as I use the counter on location to pay commission.
The AC603 has a $1k limit on quarters.

dogcow

dogcow

Add your text here

• PROFESSIONAL
  • 3,359 posts

POPULAR

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

harbor freight stuff is hit and miss i got some reliable stuff from them
and some absolute junk, for example their heated adhesive remover (which is basically a
razor blade connected to a soldering iron) worked amazingly well
and a genius invention but burst into flames after 30 mins of use

first thing i would have done was changed out the batteries if the scale was acting funny
who knows tho they are known for price not really quality. i wish i was doing enough
business to need a $400 scale :)
  • Donovon and decaturjack like this

jayhawk22

jayhawk22

Add your text here

• BASIC +
  • 285 posts
  • Vending Since:1997
Put me down in the AcuCount column. I have used one for 15 years+ with no problems.

nepavend

nepavend

Add your text here

• SUPPORTER
  • 800 posts
  • State:PA
  • Vending Since:2006
Factory Express is a very good scale for me. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, it can weigh up to 60 pounds ($1200) no problem. Cost is higher (about $450-500) but very accurate to within a quarter.