Coin Scale

Rick Falcon

Google for "Old Will Knott." You want a counting scale. Bought mine for around $350, I think, a couple years ago. Accurate enough to count tiny LEGO pieces - certainly accurate enough for quarters.

There are some scales (perhaps mine? not sure) that have the ability to remember a few items. That way, each time you go to count, you don't have to "prime" it by counting out 20 or 30 quarters; it will just remember what a quarter weighs.

Dogcow suggested to use a Harbor Freight one in another thread. I bought it and returned it the next day. I didn't find it to be very accurate.

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.

because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

which one did you buy? mine is accurate and consistant. its really more important that its consistent if you know what i mean.

because you're just dividing. it doesnt matter if the weight is off as long as its always reporting the same weight.

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

Our Acucount scales have been in service for awhile> Very accurate and durable. We just keep a container with a known dollar amount of quarters in it to check them for accuracy once in awhile.

Mike

I think it was the cheaper one ($19.99). Can't really expect much for that price though. And it wasn't too consistent to be honest. Seemed like the more weight, the further off it was. I weighed a bag of bouncy balls and the math stated there should be 220. (Off by 30) so I figured if I am going to be weighing money that I need something a little more accurate.

i use this one

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho

just a few cranes i have are not metered.

i use this one

http://www.harborfre...cale-95364.html

i have weighed $150 on it, was accurate. i mostly pay off the meter tho

just a few cranes i have are not metered.

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

I also recommend Acucount...though I don't have the AC603.

I have an Acucount ACB101 that I've been using for a while.

I'm happy with it, but will be moving up to the AC603 soon.

The ACB101 has been as accurate and durable as I could hope for -- only reason I'm replacing is the $200 max limit on quarters on the ACB101.

As my route has grown to include higher dollar locations, that $200 limit has become an issue as I use the counter on location to pay commission.

The AC603 has a $1k limit on quarters.

Yea I think I will be paying off the meter as well. I was just hoping to weigh the quarters for my bulk side. That is the one I bought also. Maybe the scale was dropped and off calibration.

harbor freight stuff is hit and miss i got some reliable stuff from them

and some absolute junk, for example their heated adhesive remover (which is basically a

razor blade connected to a soldering iron) worked amazingly well

and a genius invention but burst into flames after 30 mins of use

first thing i would have done was changed out the batteries if the scale was acting funny

who knows tho they are known for price not really quality. i wish i was doing enough

business to need a $400 scale :)

Factory Express is a very good scale for me. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, it can weigh up to 60 pounds ($1200) no problem. Cost is higher (about $450-500) but very accurate to within a quarter.

Archived