keep track of your machines

kandyking

How do you guys keep track of your machines and what keys correspond with what machines? I engrave my machines with a unique number as soon as they are purchased and log the number and the type of key used in a spreadsheet that I made. I am hoping someone has a more efficient way to keep track of inventory and keys.

All my machines have their serial number, I.D. number (that I assign) and my contact info engraved on the bottom, and on the inside of the unit. I put a lot of my I.D. stickers on all of them. I have a spreadsheet that tells me where all my machines are, with accompanying graphs and other useful information, including contact names, numbers, business hours, etc. on my laptop. My spreadsheet program of choice is Excel 2000. I have a mini notepad inside some choice machines (typically the last machine I service on a string) and record any service issues I have dealt with, or might have to deal with in the future. It's probably overkill, but for a route as small as mine, I can update the whole thing in exquisite detail in under 30 minutes.

I built a database that tracks which machine, key code and product is placed at each location. For example:

Location A:

Northwestern Super 60 - Red: Gumballs, Key: NC705

Northwestern Super 60 - Red: 1.1" Sticky Mix, Key: NC705

Northwestern Super 60 - Red: Skittles, Key: NC705

Northwestern Super 80 - Red: 2" Treasure Mix, Key: NC705

Northwestern Super 80 - Red: 2" Pocket Pets, Key: NC705

• 1 month later...

I have most of my locks that are keyed alike and from camlock systems, wiczer distributing is the best place to buy for me. They cost more but theres not a bunch of keys out there like stock keys nc 705 anyone who has ever ordered a northwestern machine probably has a nc 705 chicago lock keys are good for places with no competition or in a place like a break room where some one wont break into them.

Archived