any advice? going from part time to full bulk...

TKK

Ive been a car salesman for 3 yrs i was averaging 1400-2200 a month. Some months id make 6000 some 1200. Some bew policies came up and i didnt wanna stay. I have about 29 machines out vendstars and 1800s. Im averaging 1200 net a month i still have about 20 in the garage.i havent put up. Im also in school. Any advice? Im thinking with all 55 placed in good spots i can make 2000 a month. Keep in mind one of my locations makes 3 a month and one makes 160 averag a month. I also just got a check for 12000 but spent like 4000 to pay bills. What do u guys recommend id rather work once a week and b full time student than a full time job..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only you can make the final call on whether you are ready to move onto the "next phase", but I wish you the best of luck no matter your decision.

I guess the "best" advice I can give to you is this: don't stop. The minute you sit down and rest on your laurels- when you think you're big enough and don't need to build anymore- it'll be all downhill from that moment on. I've seen this happen to lots and lots of businesses of all varieties, and it kills me to watch it happen.

Otherwise there's not much more someone in my postiion can offer you, besides my best wishes.

Good luck TKK!

I think this is the perfect time in your life to go full time. I don't know about your family life, but if you are single, no kids, no mortgage, and more importantly, no career job to loose, then the gulf is not as wide to make the jump. Your monthly work income is not much higher than your best vending income, so you are pretty much there already.

Thanx guys. Yea im 24. No kids. No mortgage. All my bills are paid. I do live w my gf and roomates but my rent is only 275. In a 2 story pool house. I just pay cell phone insurance in my gti and frontier. My frontier i was paying 400 a month but my min payment is only 225. So im way ahead. Also my credit is at 754 so its pretty good thinking of getting a loan. And to top it off i have 5 paid of quads or atvs the cheapest ones worth 2800 and most expensive one is 5000. So i could sell them too i bought them to resell em and use em. I just wanna do this right.

Will I can tell u that I went full time a month ago.. 19years at Tacobell.. Am I ready . No I'm in the same boat as you.. I have about 12000 and spent about four on bill.. My advise to u.. Is before you make that call... Get all your heavy hitter bills out of the way... Credit card paid off or get them down to a manageable level.. Over stock your shelfs with product.. So u don't have to order anything for a few months... Since I went full time I haven't stop I'm working twice the hours.. But with half the stress.. But everyday I know I have to get up and get out there and make something happen.. Today for me for exasmple I have 10 snack boxes to locate.. And I won't come home tell all or most are located... I know you can do it... But more important u have to know you can do i... Keep us updated... Exciting times I don't think any ones ready.. Tell the truth it's scary. But worth it

Thank you im trying to go coke machines vecause i think its less time invested and bigger profits. There is 2 small routes for sale locally one is 17 machines 14 located he wants 22k obo. Im thinking of just getting 4 or 5. I dont need much money right now im usually very good at managing it. But im seeing this a a start i want to invest what i have to make me a decent monthly wage and b my own boss. But i wanna make sure if something bad happens i could sell everything and not lose for example buy machines at retail.

I would not get a loan to pay for the biz if I could avoid it. Liquidate the things you intend to, to make some capital.

I'm in 100% agreement with dperry. If you borrow money for a business, you're working for the bank. Everytime you go out to service your machines, especially if you have a down month, you're going to feel the heat of trying to make enough sales to pay the bank. If you pay cash, you don't owe anything to anyone and whatever profit you make after cost of goods and taxes is all yours.

congrats for being 24 years old and having your head on so straight . i was in the same position as you with excessive toys ( quads-trailer-truck) that were paid for . i will say the same thing as i told my wife as her z400 was going out the door ( along with my raptor 700 , gsxr 750 , mojave, blaster and trailer !!) the toys will age ,and lose value . if you really want a chunk of money to invest ,use that .let em go ,its for the "greater good" ;-) . the big picture . you can always replace the quads ,toys come and go .but you will never again get the chance to be 24 , with the option of selling toys to invest in a business that could be your future . this is going to make me feel REALLY old ( im 33 ) , but , if i had the chance to do that when i was 24... lol . best of luck on your descision . im casting my vote to follow your story

Thank you im trying to go coke machines vecause i think its less time invested and bigger profits. There is 2 small routes for sale locally one is 17 machines 14 located he wants 22k obo. Im thinking of just getting 4 or 5. I dont need much money right now im usually very good at managing it. But im seeing this a a start i want to invest what i have to make me a decent monthly wage and b my own boss. But i wanna make sure if something bad happens i could sell everything and not lose for example buy machines at retail.

dont buy that route, build your own get one used working machine buy it with a cc get a 30 day warranty and the cc will cover 12 months afterwards, then contact a bottler to have them lease you one, pull yours when they deliver theres and repeat that process

Thanx guys!! Im actually here at sams i bought the apartment complex with cokes and snacks and 4 coke machines i need locations for them. Just spent 270 on cokes and chips and candys..ill post u updates guys!

Thanx guys!! Im actually here at sams i bought the apartment complex with cokes and snacks and 4 coke machines i need locations for them. Just spent 270 on cokes and chips and candys..ill post u updates guys!

how much were the coke machines?

I bought

1 location apartment complex has a 40+ snack machine. I bought pop tarts. Snickers. Skittles. Hot cheetos. Funyns. Hot funyns. Fritos. Corn nits. Doritos. Bbq fritos. Mexican candy. Kit kats. Reeses. Pmnms. Cookies...thats not even half. She had records showing it makes 260-400 a week. While i was putting the snacks i noticed alot of people were coning to buy cokes and snacks. I left and came back 6 hrs later to do the coke machine and the snack machine had like 12 dollars in it already! The coke machine is a dixie narco. This place i got for 2300

The couple is very nice i spent all day w them learning what to buy and how to service etc.

I picked up one pepsi vendo machine its short like 5feet and like 4 feet wide. I also bought a taller cokecola machine a big 500 count pepsi machine and a dr pepper one too. All four for 2600. Everything works. Every slot.

The candy machine is a polyvend brand. The soda either dixie or vendo round fronts. Im very happy she still has more locations and machines but i want less machines and good accounts.

Ghese machines are crazy heavy!

I have a good feeling w this like a new start. Now i need locations and must be good ones because this isnt a 1800 triple you can just remove these are beasts! Piks to come.

TKK you have inspired me. No matter what people told you, you kept at it with your triples and your unconventional tactics. It works for you because you make it work. I have more locations than you but am still not quite at your income level yet, but Im going to get a lot more spots soon just like you and keep building. Im a couple years older than you, so were not that far apart. You have inspired me to have fun and build my income further.

Wow man thanx i just started in november with 8 vendstars. You know now that you mention it i dont take alot of ppls advice. I just find good locations and deals and bam. Like i said w my tripples all i vend now is gumballs skittles and pmm. Mike n ike in two places. One machine makes a measly 5 a month and one makes 160 a month. And everyone always said i was nuts but im the one collecting it y lie? One location makes me 160+ one 130+ and one 120+ then they go down to about -60. Its all about location. Im gonna start giving gift cards to my good locations since i pay no comission or charity lol..i just dont wanna prospect again for locations but i have to. I still got 20+ tripples and 4 coke machines to locate. Thanx jlm

Ive always heard.if you do something you have fun in and would do for free...and make it your job its soo good its not considered a jobbut a hobbie. Find something id do for free and get paid to do it.

Ive always heard.if you do something you have fun in and would do for free...and make it your job its soo good its not considered a jobbut a hobbie. Find something id do for free and get paid to do it.

words of wisdom

This is the way to do it!

I have always felt that way about the web, I have a passion for it and it is what I love to do everyday. Now that I have picked up vending on the side I am finding I have passion for it too, I have been fortunate to find not one but two things I love doing that pay my bills.

Archived