treasure chest crane refurb

dogcow

Looking good Dogcow, how long did it take you to scrape all those off?

quite a while the problem was i bought this hot blade decal remover from harbor freight

genius little invention basically its a razor blade holder on the end of a soldering iron

problem is its so poorly made when it heats up the coupling between the handle and the iron

warps and it breaks. so i went through about 2 of them per side. finally i found where someone

suggested removing the tip and inserting it into a desoldering iron made by radio shack. i tried

that and it worked and the unit is much better made so i was able to do the last side without

any breakage. had i started off with that set up i could have probably done the entire thing

in less than an hour.

currently repainting the control box and coin door.

none, i found a source for decals but it was like $800 for a set , this is not worth it since the black

paint underneath is in very nice condition and not scorched by the removal process.

if the paint gets screwed up i may try to get some custom decals printed, i will probably

get one printed for the header which is the name of the place where the crane is going

• 4 years later...

Archived