What are the Most Competitive areas in the Country

Nate9303

I've read a couple of times on here how some area in the US are more saturated with bulk machines than others? What are those super saturated areas? What are the most competitive areas?

I've read a couple of times on here how some area in the US are more saturated with bulk machines than others? What are those super saturated areas? What are the most competitive areas?

Good question, I'm interested in hearing some responses.

It doesn't seem overly saturated in my area. I'm in South Carolina. I live in Lexington near the capital, Columbia. When self locating most of my no's came from people who were angry about old machines being abandoned or having stale candy in them. There seems to be some opportunity. I have seen a lot of machines with one person's id on them so I'm guessing there's one really big bulk vendor in the area.

FWIW

As an estimate based on volume of label sales by state here is a list of states with the most orders from the highest producing states:

1. California, with more than 3 times the closest runner up
  2. New york
  3. Pennsylvania
  4. Texas
  5. Florida

only 4 states with no sales, haha

Come on North Dakota and Montana

FWIW

As an estimate based on volume of label sales by state here is a list of states with the most orders from the highest producing states:

2. New york
  3. Pennsylvania
  4. Texas
  5. Florida

Thanks sweetstop. What a great way to measure. How many are you selling in SC besides the ones I recently purchased?

AND...Come on ND and Montana. You got to step up to the plate. Buy some labels.

I have a saturated area here in detroit and surrounding areas

most are biz-op people who abandoned vendstars and others.

I see others like altoids and energy bytes too.

i see more empty dirty vendstars than anything else i swear.

i have also run into (dare i say) mafia run machines.. mostly near new jersey and pennsivania/ new york...

i have a few friends that way that run bulk and games and know what areas to not go near..

there is some of these areas on the north side of detroit..

and they have no problem letting you know you dont belong here and move on...

bill

i have also run into (dare i say) mafia run machines.. mostly near new jersey and pennsivania/ new york...

i have a few friends that way that run bulk and games and know what areas to not go near..

bill

Wow...mafia run machines. Now that would be an interesting book or even TV series.

We could call it "gumballfellas" or "The Gumball Father"

I'm just about to start getting my feet wet (so take this with a big grain of salt), but I'm getting the feeling my area (No. Colorado along the Front Range) isn't anywhere NEAR tapped.

Wow...mafia run machines. Now that would be an interesting book or even TV series.

We could call it "gumballfellas" or "The Gumball Father"

In the 70's the mob was pretty heavily involved in coin-op equipment, arcades, amusements, cig machines, don't know about bulk though.

I just keep picturing Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci strolling through Sam's club

actually if you watch goodfellas the warehouse where he trys to get his henry hills wife to enter at the near the end of the movie was full of pinballs..

she gets in the car and runs to henry crying..

bill

QUOTE: In the 70's the mob was pretty heavily involved in coin-op equipment, arcades, amusements, cig machines, don't know about bulk though.

they still are, go near scranton PA... and a few other areas..

I picked up a 10 crane deal out of scranton... walked into a warehouse with 40 pool tables...

150 ATM's 100s of video pokers, everything coin op... 1000s of machines total. crammed into a warehouse not that big

5 people working on a 30 foot bench counting money.. stacks and stacks of wrapped bills 2-3 foot high

the coin bags were on pallets.. 5 coin counters going..

the owner pulls up in a Caddy two 300 lb brutes get out the front double strapped.. and the owner is let out the back seat....

total goodfellas moment..

didnt even flinch with strangers around that kind of cash..

acted like that was petty cash..

the only asked 2 questions they asked was did you pay for the cranes? and where was i placing them? i said michigan

i felt the not around here vibe with that question right away..

they white gloved loaded them for me..

bill

bill

i bought coin pushers off a guy in south florida who does 8-liner machines he as much admitted

he is a gangster and would muscle operators to get locations from them, he said if someone cheated

his coin pushers they would end up in the hospital, if you met this guy you would believe it. he said

the coin pushers werent profitable enough for him at $100 a week because his 8-liners were netting him

600-800 a week per location on a 70/20 split meaning they were grossing 3-4k a week. so that kind of money

and the fact its illegal so you cant go to the cops, no doubt some shady characters are involved. at that point

i decided i had NO interest in the 8 liner business LOL

i mean, its a lot of money but is it worth having your legs broke?

In the 70's the mob was pretty heavily involved in coin-op equipment, arcades, amusements, cig machines, don't know about bulk though.

did you happen to read the article i posted about united textiles fabrications (aka grayhound electronics) ...they were involved

with a mafia crime family in gambling and shylock rackets and then graduated to embezzling millions from the nj government

actually if you watch goodfellas the warehouse where he trys to get his henry hills wife to enter at the near the end of the movie was full of pinballs..

she gets in the car and runs to henry crying..

bill

QUOTE: In the 70's the mob was pretty heavily involved in coin-op equipment, arcades, amusements, cig machines, don't know about bulk though.

they still are, go near scranton PA... and a few other areas..

I picked up a 10 crane deal out of scranton... walked into a warehouse with 40 pool tables...

150 ATM's 100s of video pokers, everything coin op... 1000s of machines total. crammed into a warehouse not that big

5 people working on a 30 foot bench counting money.. stacks and stacks of wrapped bills 2-3 foot high

the coin bags were on pallets.. 5 coin counters going..

the owner pulls up in a Caddy two 300 lb brutes get out the front double strapped.. and the owner is let out the back seat....

total goodfellas moment..

didnt even flinch with strangers around that kind of cash..

acted like that was petty cash..

the only asked 2 questions they asked was did you pay for the cranes? and where was i placing them? i said michigan

i felt the not around here vibe with that question right away..

they white gloved loaded them for me..

bill

So do they do bulk or not it?

they had interactive machines , wowies, pinballs, the baseball, basketball big globe units

I bought one from them, i still have it.

its a battery operated wooden gumball pinball . sold it to me for $100.00

it was 3/4 full of bouncy balls,

i only had the mecanical ones before that time (sportsblaster) and this one is the same size.

when they were loading it in the truck, it self activated, i asked them its not plugged in ? how did it just talk and dispense a gumball?

they open the back, show me 8 D cell batteries and it was full of money..

the guy looks at me and goes.. looks like you got some of your money back..

have a good trip back... and closes it.

had $140.00 in quarters in it.. they didnt even care.

i didnt see too many racks but i did see some northwestern and beaver..

but the warehouse was soo packed and i only saw the back door area.

i did not get to tour their whole warehouse and i could not see all of it.

bill

FWIW

2. New york
  3. Pennsylvania
  4. Texas
  5. Florida

It's interesting to note that these states also account for the majority of TVF traffic.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Archived