Top Selling Toys

West Coast Vend LLC

Since we have such a great amount of information about 1" capsules let's start posting about 2" capsules. I for one am having trouble picking the top sellers.

Anyone who has tested 2" capsules and can start a list would be very helpful to all sellers on the forums.

Thanks

Gary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, have had lousy results with the puppies. They are 50 cent vends and I grossed more from the PMM head on the same rack, than I did from the puppies.

Not saying they will bomb everywhere though. Just my experience so far.

I also have the finger lights out. I will let you know what they do in a few weeks.

Steve

• 3 months later...

I am placeing an order from A and A global Monday.I priced a bunch of toys on thier site.I will post the hi/lo price.they give a break for ordering 24 cases,that I am planing to buy.

I have decided to order the following:

2 care bears 53.25/48.87

2 adopt a puppie 30.00/28.50

2 tattoos item # tat3c25 18.50/17.15

2 splaterz33/30.50

1 nick junior figurines and dora bracelets 49.00/45.15

2 nick jr figurines 34.25/33.30

2 collage footbal helmet 39.50/36.50

2 family guy figurines

2 glo crosses 34.50/32.00

3 spongebob figurines42.00/38.75

1 candy necklace

1 marvel hero 69.50!!!63.50

2 spider man  buildable 69.50/63.50

I have chosen these  toys because I feel they are a good mix of everything,what do you guys think?I have choosen these also because I like some of them,or because I have seen them on other racks or because they have been recomended here.also because imo most are timeless and wont be unpopular soon. I am wondering  though is 24 cases to much for me WITH SO FEW LOCATIONS?:huh:??:huh:??

I wonder if we could make one order and get it shipped to multiple adresses?shipping would be the same,but we could still get the quantity discount.on my order I saved about $$58.it`s not a lot but it all adds up.

Antonio,

Everything looks good to me except the Puppies. As you know, I can't even give mine away. I have been mixing them in with other stuff just to get rid of them.

Steve

I have thought about the dog vending toys.

I am a groomer and I wouldn't wont candy at a grooming shop. The toy dogs, and cats would probaly sell though. We don't get alot of kids, however; if we have a breed that matches theirs they may well keep putting quarters in to get their breed. Once I notice a decrease in sales I would simply replace with another type of dog/cat item.

I can't see this not working, but knowing me I am dead wrong.

thanks for your opinions so far guys.I hope ALL you other toy vendors express thier opinion.I know theres at least 4 more of you that sell toys whose opinions I value.

the puppies have seemed to picked up for me.now I am not saying that they are doing sectacular but they certainately have picked up.I also needed to buy something for the quantity discount,so I threw those in the mix.

I also have from a previous order sponge bob water balls I think they are??u get them wet and throw them at each other.they are doing well.sponge bob I am guessing will do well,no matter what toy it is.

how many cases do u have of the puppies steve?maybe I can buy yours off of you??

you guys that live so close to a toy distributor are very lucky,as shipping adds up quick.

Antonio, A few comments and questions:

How many machines do you have. 24 cases might be too much. When you say 'these products are 'timeless' you are wrong,

College helmets will not sell till October, most likely. Are you ordering them now because this is your order for the next 2 months?

Have you tested any of these items? If so, why aren't you ordering more of the stuff that tested well? I hate the 'deli counter' method of ordering. Give me 1/2 pound of 6 turkey, am roast beef swiss and american.......

What are your selling points for these items. Some are meant for 75 or $1. Will you be making any mixes?

Every market is different, but some of those items are dogs for me (adopt-a-puppy pun :)) As far as positive recommendations, last time I checked, they were out of everything i wanted, including fam guy figs.

You don't do 1 inch?

Antonio,

Smiley makes some great points.  It's important to test all products in YOUR particular market.  That's a lot of products to test for just a small number of locations (as you have indicated).  I realize you want to save money buying in larger quantities, but when I am in the testing phase of a product the money is secondary.  My goal is to make sure the product is viable for me and if I break even on my test, that's Okay.  If the product passes the test, then I concentrate on product cost savings.  Just would hate to see  your garage filled up with slow moving stuff (and displays).

Also, how much 1 inch vending are you doing?  I have been doing 1 inch toys for 4 years now and 2 inch toys for one year.  I personally don't like the 2 inch and have found that it has not significantly increased sales for me.  I now just have one and only one 2 inch product on any rack, but have many more 1 inch offerings.   As an example, I had 6 one inch heads and 3 two inch heads in a very good family restaurant.  The entire rack did about $400.  But the one inch generated $320 and the two inch generated only $80!  Now maybe I am still learning the 2 inch stuff and I am simply offering stupid products at a stupid price.  But this experience has made me want to focus more on the one inch stuff.  I have been pulling some 2 inch machines off the rack and replacing them with two 1 inch machines.  Now I believe there is still a place for the 2 inch toy, but it is more of a niche product for that location and my focus is more on the 1 inch.  The extra machine cost, extra product cost, extra storage space, extra van space and the overall testing hassle with 2 inch products has simply NOT created the extra ROI that I expected - especially with the recent price increases.

Not telling any one how to run their business, but this has been my experience and my focus is now the 1 inch toy!  Good luck in any event.

Jax

thanks for the advice guys!

I have 2 7 ways square deal with 2 super 80and 4 super 60 super 80 has 50 cent mech super 60 25 cent middle machine sells stickers.I now regret not getting all caps.

I also have a 5 way with 2 super 80 and 3 super 60. again 50 cent mech and 25 cent mech.one of the super 60s has a 50 cent mech.

I also have a two super 80 set up alone on a stand with 50 cent mech on one side and 1.00 mech on other side.

I have a 75 cent and 1.00 mech waiting to be installed on locations.

I also have a j stand with 2 super 80 and 3 super 60 50 cent /25 cent

I also have 1 more 5 way that will be set up in the begining of september and 1 almost ready to go,I am waiting for the other vendor that is getting booted to move his in a week or 2.same configuration 2 super 80 and 3 60.

that would make for 10 super 80 13 super 60 currently out and more comeing.as soon as I sell out or close 2 selling out of stickers I will replace the 2 machines I have for caps.

I havent tested any of these items.I figured that I would find where what sold better where by switching toys around.

I also figured I could reuse any helmets left over next year,I have plenty of storage space,if the 2 cases wouldn`t sell.

24 boxes probably are to much then huh guys?

I planed to sell the dollar toys at my pizza shop and if they dont do well I can lower to 75 cents since I dont have to give commission.I will also order more 75 cent coin mechs from northwestern so I can have a 75 cent mech on all locatios.

why do u ask if I do one inch?should I do more 50 cent 1 inch?

there was no positive recomendations I was only stateing where I was ordering from.it is true that they are out of some stuff but I wont need anything for a few weeks anyways.I am ordering early,because I figured I probably had to wait.

keep in mind it is 3 am when I wrote all this

they wont mix and match 1 inch caps and 2 inch caps.you get a discount if you buy 18 1 inch caps or 24 2 inch caps.

I will probably order a little less.which toys on my list do you consider to be the least popular or the one that is the most "timeless"?

thanks smiley!!

I think that, as you said, you have to test products before buying to much of the same products. I also like to check the competition and see what they are selling around each area that I have accounts. I have over 400 heads that I service toy capusules. One inch has been working very well for me. I also have 2" machines that seem to be a little harder to figure out, when it comes to the "right" items. I just ordered 17 more 2" cap. machines to add to the 1" cap racks. I have been testing products for a few months and have found these items to be my best sellers.

Best 1" capsules in my area and my type accounts. (in order of sales)

1. Monkey'n Around

2. Glow Sticks

3. Block Heads

4. California Gold

5. Tattoo mixes

Best 2" capsules (in order of sales)

1. Care Bears ($.75)

2. Sponge Bob figs.

3. Bendable Buddies (New)

4. Homies

5. Trailer Park

When it comes to toys you can not use someone elses lists for your area and accounts. You really have to test your own.

One other important note. If you have a good account manager at your toy supplier, he are she can be a huge help with recommending the overall top selling items in the vending industry. This will help you narrow down your test items.

Gary