Cleaning Coin Mechs

PowerVendor

I didn't receive any responses by tagging onto another post so hopefully I can receive some advice by creating a new post.

I have alot of coin mechs to clean, about 100. They are from A&A pm elites and PO89s. Would running the whole unit (coin mech + base) through the dishwasher clean the mech? Or should I remove the mech from the base unit and clean separately?

What's the best way to clean the mech? I thought about purple power but it may eat all the plastic up, chute cover, chute, etc.

I removed one mech from the base and completely dissembled it. Bad idea. HELP.....

I would remove the mech and clean as necessary. sometimes just spraying with silicone will be enough, other times you will need to take apart and wipe all old grease and grime off with a cloth. I use vaseline on the coin wheel, I put a small amount between the plate and coin wheel and reassemble. I use spray chrome wheel polish to clean the exterior of the mechs. Be careful not to overtighten screws when putting back together. also, make sure the cog is set at top dead center so that it will realign with the candy/capsule wheel, most cogs have a square fitting and a small mark on one of the teeth for alignment, the mark goes up.

as far as the body of machines use some type of spray cleaner like windex, be sure whatever you use is not to harsh or it will dull the paint. hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

no dont put it in the dishwasher lol

it seems daunting but do 10 a day while watching tv u will be done in under 2 weeks

That's great advice.

I love watching sports on TV and learned a long time ago that I could get a lot of product capped while watching my favorite teams play.

It turned a chore I wasn't crazy about (capping) somewhat more bearable AND made better use of my time without sacrificing something I enjoyed (watching sports).

Amen to that. I turn on the radio in my garage and start an assembly line, and soon I have 10-12 doubles ready for location and loaded in the car!

Definitely use vaseline as needed between the wheel and inside body. Dont overtighten, and line up the cog. Always test mechs without product first to make sure it is moving the wheel properly, then test with a handful of product, then filled as if on location. You always want to double and triple check or you will end up with service calls and lost locations.

• 4 weeks later...

Drifting a little here...... nepavend, what kind of vehicle do you use in your vending business? I'm thinking about a cargo van instead of my suburban. It's just so tough to carry around several machines and have them laying on top of your product.

Drifting a little here...... nepavend, what kind of vehicle do you use in your vending business? I'm thinking about a cargo van instead of my suburban. It's just so tough to carry around several machines and have them laying on top of your product.

Cargo van is the way to go. We have a sprinter and a one ton Chevy. Chevy was bought this year sprinter is a couple years old. I like the sprinter best. Buy your self a good drop safe to have instaled

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Cargo van is the way to go. We have a sprinter and a one ton Chevy. Chevy was bought this year sprinter is a couple years old. I like the sprinter best. Buy your self a good drop safe to have instaled

Why did you go with a 1ton we use a 3/4 ton and it is ussually overkill unless pulling a fully loaded trailer than it is nice.

Why did you go with a 1ton we use a 3/4 ton and it is ussually overkill unless pulling a fully loaded trailer than it is nice.

We pull a large trailer fully loaded with machines and product. This unit is out for a week at times.

• 2 months later...

I would remove the mech and clean as necessary. sometimes just spraying with silicone will be enough, other times you will need to take apart and wipe all old grease and grime off with a cloth. I use vaseline on the coin wheel, I put a small amount between the plate and coin wheel and reassemble. I use spray chrome wheel polish to clean the exterior of the mechs. Be careful not to overtighten screws when putting back together. also, make sure the cog is set at top dead center so that it will realign with the candy/capsule wheel, most cogs have a square fitting and a small mark on one of the teeth for alignment, the mark goes up.

as far as the body of machines use some type of spray cleaner like windex, be sure whatever you use is not to harsh or it will dull the paint. hope this helps!

Will.Vend or others: Why vaseline and not white lithium grease? On the silicone, don't you find it drys out and no longer lubricates? Thanks.

Will.Vend or others: Why vaseline and not white lithium grease? On the silicone, don't you find it drys out and no longer lubricates? Thanks.

I use vaseline (petroleum jelly) because it's cheap and works good. I use the silicone more for freeing up sticky mechs, it usually isnt an issue after it dries.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also use Vaseline, it's cheap and it's food grade. Just in case of incidental contact with the product

• 2 years later...

Archived