bulk vending route management software options..................

llcoolrobb

i just checked out vendtrak and looks great except for the price $20 a month or $200 a year paid upfront! also its web based and not computer based!

anyone use this service or does anyone know of a simple computer based software with a one time fee?

Edited by llcoolrobb

I use them and like the software - do wish it was PC based instead of cloud based.

BUT I am grandfathered at a cheaper price.

there are others out there I looked at but didnt like the software - some was really nothing more then a fancy spreadsheet

allen

I am also grandfathered at the cheaper price. I do love the system and it has worked great for me. Although financially speaking I use Quicken also when tracking bank and income/expense activity. There are not too many other options besides glorified spreadsheets mentioned earlier. But I haven't looked in a while.

I use Vend-trak and I love it , it's very user freindly and I like I can input info as I use/ need to on the road, example as I'm out picking up supplies I can put in the amount spent right as soon as I get back to the van.

I am also grandfathered at the cheaper price. I do love the system and it has worked great for me. Although financially speaking I use Quicken also when tracking bank and income/expense activity. There are not too many other options besides glorified spreadsheets mentioned earlier. But I haven't looked in a while.

I use Quickbooks Premire for all of my accounting - I just use the vend-trak for my locations management :)

• 3 weeks later...

anyone check out www.myvendtrack.com? its in beta and the first 14 days are totally free! I like the mobile web app it has because its tailored to mobile devices. Check it out and let me know what you think.

anyone check out www.myvendtrack.com? its in beta and the first 14 days are totally free! I like the mobile web app it has because its tailored to mobile devices. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I looked at the video and liked some features of the program.

When you have over 250 locations it can be a pain to stay on top of them. I adjust the time between services based on volume of the business it generates. I don't want the location to run out of product, but at the same time I don't want to go every week if the sales doesnt warrant it.

A few things that I didn't see is to auto generate a "route" based on the locations that needed to be serviced by a certain date.

Some locations i run weekly, bi-weekly and monthly or even every 10 days.

If i had all of my soda locations in the "full line" route - I would be running some when I didnt need to, same with my bulk locations and honor boxes

Does your map - auto-calucalute the fastest route ?

Does it handle multiple machines on a location ?

on your calendar - it would be nice to see when locations need to be ran, instead of the ones that have been ran - or give the option to toggle between the two.

I would be willing to try it out, but some things are a must for me to stay on top of the routes

allen

Quickbooks for the real accounting. Make your own database/spreadsheet using excell or someting like it for locations. The canned bulk programs are all overkill for bulk (more work than the data they collect is worth). Bulk is not full line and you need to simplify the data collection because you do not have the same margins as in full line.

In bulk you can walk in the door of a location and immediately tell if you have the wrong product. What you need is software that gives you the location name and address, the equipment on site, the products in them (for picking your load) and gross sales data. Tracking each products sales is counterproductive and will cost more in labor than its worth.

As far as routing use MS Streets and Trips.

• Like 1

Someone proficient in excel could create a whole accounting system. Personally I am only using excel for my my book keeping. I have placed a barcode at each location that I scan with my tablet and it pulls up the appropriate spread sheet. This keep track of all the information I need to know about each location. Also will provide how much commission is to be paid, my gross and net..

• Like 1

Someone proficient in excel could create a whole accounting system. Personally I am only using excel for my my book keeping. I have placed a barcode at each location that I scan with my tablet and it pulls up the appropriate spread sheet. This keep track of all the information I need to know about each location. Also will provide how much commission is to be paid, my gross and net..

Nick, how did you go about creating/setting up that bar code system? I know there are apps for scanning them via android/iphones, but how do you create them and set them to link to your spreadsheets? That sounds really interesting....

wow thats cool as hell can you explain more how that works?!

wow thats cool as hell can you explain more how that works?!

Same question as I had :P

Looked a little more into this and figured it out.

First of all, you will need a "QR reader" app on an iphone or android device. I use "QR droid" on my android phone and tablet.

From there, the best website I found for generating the codes is http://www.qrstuff.com/

What I think would be the most efficient use of this would be to generate a unique qr code for each machine, and design it so that the qr code links directly to a "create new service record" for that location in vendtrak.

So for example you could show up to the loc, service the machine as normal, fill it with product, etc. Then scan the code, enter the revenue and any other notes, and done. Seems like a pretty brilliant idea and would save a decent amount of time as well!

• Like 1

I signed up for the free trial of the myvendstrack so far its looks good. they are open to making changes as they did when I asked about adding the feature to track each candy separately. they have a few bugs but it a beta test and they seem to fix anything you find.

for the price you cant beat it!

I'll keep you posted

• 5 months later...

Hey jstolpe,

After I input service data the calendar does not seem to reset for that particular service... I put in 30 day service cycle, performed the service, and the calendar still shows the location needs servicing today. (Anyone else know what I am doing wrong?)

***********************************************UPDATED/Edit

Strange, somehow it fixed itself (it could have been my fault I was playing around and accidentally entered 2500% commission). Whhooops! Overall I do like the software and I am going to be using it on any future routes I start/buy to keep any charity/commission locations separate.

Edited by bulkjake

• 2 years later...

i just checked out vendtrak and looks great except for the price $20 a month or $200 a year paid upfront! also its web based and not computer based!

anyone use this service or does anyone know of a simple computer based software with a one time fee?

You can ask for a cheaper price from him. I personally use a computer based system. I use Vending Essentials. I like Vend Trak, but reoccurring costs stop me from doing it since I'm not bigger on the route than I am.

I have to pay more attention to the dates! LOL

• Like 1

You can ask for a cheaper price from him. I personally use a computer based system. I use Vending Essentials. I like Vend Trak, but reoccurring costs stop me from doing it since I'm not bigger on the route than I am.

I have to pay more attention to the dates! LOL

To get in touch with him, you might want one of these... ;D

back-to-the-future-gif-movie-Favim.com-2

• 4 years later...
18 minutes ago, Lpat said:

Software doesn’t work anymore - no help from owner 

We switched over to this. Considerably better imo. We use it for arcade, bulk,  ect

https://vendinglocator4u.com/tracking-your-vending-route/