What is your opinion of U-Turn Terminator candy machine(s)?

MrKentuckian

What we do if we are changing product selection is to prepare the canister fill with new product and do all the adjustments before going out servicing. We always have loads of spare canisters in the van and in our unit.

What we do if we are changing product selection is to prepare the canister fill with new product and do all the adjustments before going out servicing. We always have loads of spare canisters in the van and in our unit.

I didn't have that choice to swap out cannisters. But I don't have to worry about that anymore. I sold them off about 3 years ago or so.

What is the value of the coin used in your machines? ( in us currency)

• 4 years later...

OK check this out.....

I am buying these machines for only $60 a piece because the guy is retiring.

It took me thou about 6 hours to do a through cleaning

Now about the 8 slots....You guys airnt using your head or thinking like a business owner.....This is what I am going to do...4 used for the candy crowd and 4 used for healthy products like corn nuts almonds peanuts etc for the healthy crowd...Now your targeting everyone!! 

I disagree. I have 23 U-turn Terminators out on location that do pretty well. I do make sure not to fill the canisters up to the top, so I don't throw away much product at all and I have had no problems out of any of the plastic parts

Thankya Brian.. I'm about to get my feet wet by buying a 9 machine route.... So I'm hoping for the best!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Starting out and keeping your cash outlay at a minimum, you might consider the U-turn but I'd say only the 4 selection. As bhumphrey829 says, do not fill to the top. Keep in mind you see several of these and other types on Craigslist / Ebay for a reason. Metal machines and mechanisms are your best bet and hold up better. You can always upgrade or use the U-turn as a temporary machine if needed.

Plastic machines are actually good for cashews, peanuts, etc.... They donot rust out the coin mech.

Except cashews cost too much and nuts in general have a very small market. Not saying one will not find the right location . But out of 100 locations you will be lucky to find one that nuts will sell in at all.  I'm leaving this topic alone now, failure is the best teacher.

On 3/2/2017 at 0:42 PM, 1570 said:

OK check this out.....

I am buying these machines for only $60 a piece because the guy is retiring.

It took me thou about 6 hours to do a through cleaning

Now about the 8 slots....You guys airnt using your head or thinking like a business owner.....This is what I am going to do...4 used for the candy crowd and 4 used for healthy products like corn nuts almonds peanuts etc for the healthy crowd...Now your targeting everyone!! 

I would look more at the info on this site. I used to think like this to.

Very costly mistake. You'll end up carrying 12 products to swap out, nuts Will go stale, the salt will rust the screws, the site spring, the inside if the machine, and the springs in the mech. 

Plus there are larvae that are dormant in most nuts.

Its not cost effective. In a year and a half come back and share your profit margin including you pay you yourself. 

If everything is tracked, you'll make half what others on here do.

Except cashews cost too much and nuts in general have a very small market. Not saying one will not find the right location . But out of 100 locations you will be lucky to find one that nuts will sell in at all.  I'm leaving this topic alone now, failure is the best teacher.

I agree though..I wouldn't carry it as a product on my own. Just of the customer requested it.

Archived