insurance

TKK

My friend says that state farm and progressive can do it but who do u use? His policies seem like general. Like it covers you $100,000 and vandalism but doesnt say deductibles etc. How much do you pay per machine? And have you ever claimed anything if so how did that go?

Find an independent agent in your area that works mainly with commercial insurance. Every state is different so company's appetites and underwriting rules vary. We use Travelers here but they may not be looking to take on commercial risks in your area.

In regards to property coverage and deductibles, I carry a $1000 deductible. The policy isn't meant to cover individual machines for me, it is for that case that all my machines in a location are destroyed in a fire or something similar. I am not going to make a claim for a bulk rack but I will have to make a claim if a restaurant burns and takes out $30k in machines, videos and cranes.

For liability, get quotes for higher coverage. Liability is usually cheap compared to property coverage and $1,000,000 may not be much more than $100,000.

If you are in Texas message me. We have been in the insurance business for 25 years.

• 3 years later...

Archived