Different pricing for Coke products?

BVCS

Not knowing if this does or does not apply in other areas of the country, does anyone price their Coca Cola products (Coke classes, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Vitamin Water, Minute Maid, etc.) differently from Pepsi or 7-up products becuase the cost is higher?

I have locations where clearly one or the other is the favorite and quite simply at the locations where I sell more Coke product, I'm not making as much profit as I am where Pepsi products are preferred simply because I charge based on size or product type (cans, bottles, juice, teas, etc.).

I'm in CA so I've been able to get away price increases lately becuase the state, counties, and cities have been raising Sales Tax so much over the last year, but I'm seriously considering going to a cost based markup pricing system. Thank goodness for my AP213 coffee vending machines and my OCS business... :)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

In my area Pepsi is higher than Coke in cost. No I don't charge different prices based on cost, I just accept that I will make a little less on some items than others. If I'm going to increase prices I will do it for the entire category. I benchmark myself against what the local convienence stores charge for the same item.

Not knowing if this does or does not apply in other areas of the country, does anyone price their Coca Cola products (Coke classes, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Vitamin Water, Minute Maid, etc.) differently from Pepsi or 7-up products becuase the cost is higher?

I have locations where clearly one or the other is the favorite and quite simply at the locations where I sell more Coke product, I'm not making as much profit as I am where Pepsi products are preferred simply because I charge based on size or product type (cans, bottles, juice, teas, etc.).

I'm in CA so I've been able to get away price increases lately becuase the state, counties, and cities have been raising Sales Tax so much over the last year, but I'm seriously considering going to a cost based markup pricing system. Thank goodness for my AP213 coffee vending machines and my OCS business... :)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Yep,

Coke products usually cost more than Pepsi and Coke is definitely more popular here than Pepsi.

I'm still at 75 cents which puts me at about %50 COG when you blend in the Pepsi products with the Coke. My big concern is starving the coin mech if I go higher (especially the nickels).

Costco had Coke on sale for $8.00 per 32 pack last week so I picked up 150 cases (pretty much maxed me and the van out that day) which should offset the higher prices for awhile. I also do this with Pepsi, 7 up and Monsters when they go on sale - the only ones I have to be careful with are the diet drinks which are only good for three months.

What I never do, is buy on sale at supermarkets - by the time you account for paying the tax and the extra trip, it's just not worth it to save a few bucks.

The next time they have a big price increase, I'm going to a dollar. At that point everybody else will have either been there for awhile or will raise their prices too.

I thought about this a couple of years ago. But I agree with mission I price everything as a category. What ever the market will bear and off of the C-stores also. This thing seems to run in cycles here locally. Two years ago Coke was way high and we pushed the hell out of pepsi. Now since last fall coke has offered incentive programs and pepsi is way high. So at the moment we order lots of coke.

Here in Australia Coke is a lot more expensive to buy than Pepsi and other varieties. Coke increases their prices here usually twice each year and as a result a lot of operators including myself are selling soda cans at 2 different pricing levels with Coke being 10 to 20 cent more expensive than the others. This is why most operators are unhappy with Coke they charge us a high price for their product when you buy direct, yet through their Coke Vending operation they sell at prices that often we cannot compete with, for example they sell Coke bottles through vending machines at $2.70 less a rebate of sometimes up to 17% or more and yet they sell that same product to me as a customer at $2.09.............a lot of vendors have stopped buying Coke bottles because of this.

Geez Moondog that Mercedes of yours must be packed to the roof with all that Coke. At that price I would love to buy a container load and ship it here I would sure make money at those prices. I don't buy Coke at Supermarkets anymore I am to lazy and I find it easier to ring them up with an order and they deliver and unload directly into my unit .............and better still my wife helps them unload as I am usually out filling machines!........ I have 400 cartons of the red battery acid being delivered this week! .

Archived