Our Operating Principles

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

What are you wanting deleted, and why? You are able to edit your posts.

I'm reluctant to remove posts, especially if it is the start of a thread, and others have responded.

You can respond in a PM if you wish.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Kimberly Jenkins said:

place to connect with other successful operators

Welcome aboard!  Feel free to post any questions or ideas in the Food and Beverage section.

• 9 months later...

Hi! I just became the owner of a 25-year-old snack and beverage vending operation my grandparents ran quite successfully. It's now gotten a little cobwebby, though, and I've been trying to catch it up with the times. I have CT 48 machines from (I believe) 1981 all the way to some manufactured in the early 2000s. Currently researching MDB and DEX upgrades for a lot of techy clients who don't carry cash. Just installed my first credit card reader and got myself hooked up with a telemeter to track sales data at my biggest account.

I am also an amateur graphic designer and have been working on creating up-to-date flavor cards and experimenting with machine wrapping.

Edited by AnytimeVendors

• 7 months later...

Hi guys. Nothing special about me, just wanted to introduce myself. I’m tryn to start my own business, I’ve recently just bought a royal 522-10, and an ap76000. I know absolutely nothing about these machines and am a complete airhead :) seems like a great place to harvest knowledge. 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Glad to have found this incredible forum and social space. I am very very new to the vending machine business and am looking to get started, which proves to be a bit of a difficulty (at least prior to finding this hidden gem), as I am based in a Southern African nation, which is French speaking and where vending machines are practically non-existent.

I have gotten in touch with a few suppliers, mostly Asia-based, and they insist on finding out who the payment providers are here and if they use MDB protocol (which until now seems to be jargon to me). Please help me understand why can't I just buy and import a vending machine (off the shelf), and upon arrival here fit it with a card machine reader from our local bank?

Thank you guys and excited to learn and hear from yall!

MDB protocol is how the vending machine talks to the coin mech and bill acceptor - and card reader if installed. What the supplier is asking is if any vending machine card readers are used in your country and who supplies them.  I would look at Nayax, but buy machines that are cash only and then only add card readers if they are necessary.  And your bank won't have card readers for you to use.  Whatever they have won't communicate with a vending machine. 

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

MDB protocol is how the vending machine talks to the coin mech and bill acceptor - and card reader if installed. What the supplier is asking is if any vending machine card readers are used in your country and who supplies them.  I would look at Nayax, but buy machines that are cash only and then only add card readers if they are necessary.  And your bank won't have card readers for you to use.  Whatever they have won't communicate with a vending machine. 

Thanks a lot for these insights! So the issue in this country is that cash is not a good option as many times bank notes are torn, very dirty, taped, etc yet still usable in brick and mortar shops but would probably not be readable through the vending machine (we do not have nor use coins). 

So say if I were to get a cash only vending machine and fit it with a card reader from Nayax for example, will payments still be redirected to our local bank accounts or is there another integration that we have to do with our banks?

Thanks again for your help!

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, 

I’m new to vending (1 month) and operate an AP430 Snack Shop II machine that is located in the boat manufacturing shop where I work. Another co-worker owns the bottle drop soda machine (ECC2054S). We decided to do this as our local vender has pulled all their vending machines due to lack of personnel to service them. It’s been very interesting so far and I hope to learn a lot from everyone here. 

Woah!  Those are two of the oldest dinosaurs you could operate.  The snack was produced in the early 80's before bill acceptors were in use and the ECC was the first bottle drop machine from the early 90s.  How did you decide those were the machines you would use?  Money is an object when you can't fix your machines and that will be the issue when these two break down.  No parts, among many things, will be your issues. 

They were available and we wanted to have the machines for our shop since the vending company pulled up stakes. They won’t get abuse since they are inside our shop and not available to the public. Yes there is the repair concern, but right now they are working. The ECC has a couple non-working column and it took us a while to get the temp set right, but they will do the job I think. 
Thanks for your input. 

Think and hope what you will.  It's only a matter of time before they give you so much grief that you will wish you didn't buy them.  Craigslist I presume?  By purchasers with no clue?  Posting here before you bought them would have benefited you greatly.

• 1 year later...