My Coinco won't accept dollar bills

RikaKazak

So I had a service call today, and I went out and took a look.  Both my coin acceptor and bill acceptor were powered off.  I've had the bill acceptor do this before when it had a jammed dollar bill in it in the recycler unit.  The recycler can hold 25 $1 bills, and just happened to jam on number 17.

When I opened up the recycler dollar bill holder, it was on 17 dollar bills, but none were jammed.  I took all the dollar bills out of the recycler part and main holder, and then turned the machine back on.

Everything powered up, and both the bottom and top green light were solid green.  However the front bezel part wouldn't light up, and it wouldn't accept bills.

I turned it to the setting that allows you to "feed it" and when I did that, the bezel lights light up, and I fed it 4 $1 bills.

When I turned it back to normal mode, the bezel lights all turned off, and it wouldn't accept bills.

The model number is VX63B42US21-R.

I remember when I called coinco and they walked me through a previous jammed bill, I had to press some buttons at the end to get it back into normal mode, but I don't remember those buttons :(

Also, the button on the coin acceptor was broken (some little kid punched it pretty hard).  So I don't know if that's what messed everything up.

Please help, I have NO idea what to do.  I'll call coinco tomorrow, but I'm lost.  This is for my Vendever Cotton Candy Machine.

So according to this video:

The problem I'm having means there's "product" or there's no "change to give."

There is ample product, because if there isn't, the cotton candy machine flashes error code 7.  So that must mean there's not ample change to be given.  However, the previous owner disabled the ability of it to accept $5 bills, and disabled the ability to give change.  However he left the "auto fill" feature working, so the recycler still fills itself, just never dispenses change.

Tomorrow morning I guess I'll go in and see if maybe by putting some $1 bills in the recycler if it then allows the machine to work.

When you say "some kid punched it pretty hard" and broke the "button on the coin acceptor" do you mean the coin return lever on top of the coin mech is broken or the machine's coin return linkage is broken?  If so, you may have a condition where the acceptor gate (the part that pulls open on top of the coin mech) may be opened just enough to put the coin mech in a constant "coin return" condition, inhibiting any coin or bill acceptance.  Any physical pressure on the top lever of the coin mech will cause this.  There must be a gap between the coin mech's C/R lever and any mechanical C/R lever in the machine.  If there is actual damage to the coin mech's lever, then you will need to replace the coin mech.  Otherwise you must repair the machine C/R lever.

When you speak to Coinco, find out how to disable the recycling of bills or how to prevent it from jamming when there are 17 bills in it.  Or better, perhaps you need to turn on the option to give change and even to accept $5 bills.  The change option may have been turned off to prevent people from using your machine as a changer, but you might increase sales with the acceptance of 5's.

The coin return button (plastic one with a spring behind it) was the one broken.  When I took off the coin return, that little plastic tab was broken off and the coin side was stuck open.  Doing exactly what AZvendor said might be going on.  Causing a constant signal to be sent.

I took the plastic piece out, and restarted the machine, still wouldn't work :(

Restarted the machine like 15 more times, still never worked :(

So I took the coin acceptor that I have on my other machine and switched them.  I also tried turning on the machine at location without the coin acceptor plugged in, any variation I could think of I tried, and it never worked and always had the same problem.

Eventually after some more investigation, I discovered the VMC was never having the display turned on.  There's a display that's suppose to show how many credits hav been imputed (0 when just starting up) and you're suppose to be able to change the price using it.  I followed the price change instructions, and it would never even light up.

I'm guessing I found my problem?  A bad VMC.  But I'm not sure.  Yesterday I spent all day taking the machine I have on location out (and into my garage) and putting the one I have in my garage on location.  The machine I just put out doesn't have a VMC box like the other one (even though they ware made by the same company, same month, same year), so I couldn't just switch VMC boxes.  And I can't switch just to "test it out" on a machine I know is working.

Any advice is SUPER appreciated.  I really appreciate you taking the time to read/post AZVendor ;)

Ok so I took it apart and tested stuff today in my garage.  What I found was, if I wiggled the VMC, it would turn on for a SPLIT second, and light up the display board to something funky.

I took off the cover, and wiggled the board.  I noticed a "spark" between two capacitors.  That spark happened the exact split second the board would light up.

So I'm guessing it's a bad board?

Also the wire from the coin acceptor to the VMC was burned (right at the connection point) which makes sense about the plastic piece getting stuck and causing it to try and return coins constantly (thus sending a million return coin signals and frying something).  I did cut/reconnect the wire and got rid of the singed connector, but that didn't fix it.  I'm guessing the singe fried something else and a new board will make it work fine?

• 2 weeks later...

Any revenue reports for the cotton candy machine?

I've had 5 breakdowns in 3 weeks, so I've only got a small sample size + tons of interrupted service that I don't know exactly how long it was down for.

Long winded way of saying, I don't really know what sort of numbers these machines will actually do yet (plus I have family in the area that's buying from "my" machine just because it's mine, so that's distorting things too).  Once it's place for 6 months + I expect my family to "calm down" on the cotton candy.

That is a bummer that you have had so many problems. I have seen two of these machines here in my city, and they are both broken down :/ Hope they work out for you. Some revenue reports of these would be nice though. I would imagine it is doing pretty well in the movie theater.

• 1 year later...

I also have a coinco MagPro R bill acceptor that wont accept more then 2 single dollar bills. Any idea why it completely shuts down after accepting 2 dollars?

Also who provides the best service updates on CoinCo bill acceptor? Specific model: MagPro R series. Thank

I also have a coinco MagPro R bill acceptor that wont accept more then 2 single dollar bills. Any idea why it completely shuts down after accepting 2 dollars?

Also who provides the best service updates on CoinCo bill acceptor? Specific model: MagPro R series. Thank

You can PM me for a rebuilt replacement unit.  Make sure you have sufficient change in the coin tubes to continue accepting bills.  If you pay out change from the first two bills and the coin level drops below the tube sensor then the validator can be inhibited.  If you're using this on an MDB machine then you may need to use the Tube Fill part of your programming to properly count coins into your coin mech.  This ensures the machine knows it has enough coins for change making.

PS:  Rather than resurrecting an old thread, the proper way to post this question is with a new post of your own.

Archived