How to Program Prices on Crane National Vendors 797 Machine?

Hi,

I am experiencing some difficulties programming a Crane National Vendors 797 combo machine.

I have  the programming manual, but when I hit the "Price" key I get an "Error H" message. We are therefore not able to reset the prices of products.

How can I fix this "Error H"?

Thanks,
B. V.

Error H means the logic board doesn't see the H selections.  I'm not sure what selections use nomenclature that is this high.  Usually you have A, B, and C shelves, then the can module is F.  In a full snack it end at G for the gum/mint shelf.  Which combo do you have, can soda, cold food, or coffee?  Perhaps coffee is the H selections.  Check for connections from the board to the extra module.  If you have no H selections then go into configuration and make sure you only enable the selection letters that are in your machine. 

Thanks "Federal Vending Mechanic" and "AZVendor"

Pressing other keys on the inner keypad still gives me an "Error" message. Something is not quite right with the inner keypad.

I have a combo and the gums are in the "H" shelve - which is probably why I got the "Error H". But you're right AZVendor because my trays go from the cans in section E & F to Gums&Mints in section H - there's no G section. 

There is a small circuit board on the gum and mint assembly below the delivery tray.  Make sure that the harness on the hinge side is plugged into the board to allow operation of the g/m motors.  Try to do a manual test vend of all the g/m motors through the programming.  If you can do that then check the pricing.  Since you do have H selections then we know that the H shelf is already turned on withing the configuration program.  If still no luck then trace the harness up to the logic board or snack interface board and make sure there is no damage to the wires and that the harness is connected to the main board.  If all is well with the harness then you probably have a bad g/m board on the motor assembly.

Now if you can't get anywhere in the programming at all, you may be correct that the inner keypad is bad, but the keypad itself won't generate the "Error H" that you're getting, that error comes from the main board.  Does the machine actually vend properly?  If so you can rule out the logic board and snack interface board.

I may have the inner keypad in stock if you need it as well as the small board on the g/m motor assembly.

Archived