• 34 to 41
    • 42 to 49
    • 50+

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When my wife and I got married we had a little bitty apartment and enjoyed the good life as college students so to speak.  When we both graduated the so called real fun began!  we had good jobs and the credit world loved us.

New cars/trucks every 3-4yrs. bought  a 4032 sq ft home with 4acres. really enjoying ourselves.  But it quickly got to the point where if either one of us missed a day of work with no pay, we were screwed. And the stress built up quickly.

In 2004 my wife was pregnant with our first child. my job was outsourced and here I was with no job and the economy going sour.  Within six months we had/ or in the process of losing everything we owned so to speak.

We moved to Ohio and lived with my wife's parents. Dec, 27th we were the proud parents of a baby girl.

In 2005 due to being a family of 3, uncle Sam released some of his riches in the form of a tax check.

We got a small apartment, and against my wife's wishes, I purchased a 4 stop Full line route.  The seller was in tax trouble and was selling cheap.  Within 7months I had my ROI in full.  With the income of the route, I was able to pay the rent and with my wife's job and mine, we paid everything else and got us each a $2500 vehicle.

We moved back to Indiana, My wife got as she puts it, "My dream job" as a Chef, and I picked up a part time job so I can take care of the girls.

Thanks to my parents for co-signing, We now have a newly built 3bed 2 bath home that we built ourselves. (except the concrete work) We can raise our two girls in.We got an offer on the full line route in Ohio 2 weeks ago so we sold out.

One thing I have found is Jobs come and go unexpectedly weather you want them to or not.  When I had my Full line route, I knew i was going to have a guaranteed pay check every week.  And if I got sick one day, I didn't have to worry about it.  I would just have to double the load for the next day.

And now, I am going to get my feet wet in bulk, and hopefully become the next famous one and only,

T Bird Johnny!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree. I have not decided whether or not I wish to share my profession(s) but one word of hindsight/advice....get some machines out there even if it is only a hobby as soon as you can. The only other regret I have (besides getting not into the vending business when I was young) is that I did not care when my parents sent me to piano lessons. There are very few professions and pleasures in life that you can develop when you are a youngster or a teen that will pay off as handsomely.

It is never too late.

Jeff,

Pura Vida

My parents bought my brother a clarinet for school, and he immediately dropped out of music.  They were pissed off about it, and when I thought of joining music class, they refused to buy me an instrument.

Unfortunately I was the kid who wanted piano lessons.  I did convince them to get me a guitar for one of my birthdays.  One day I broke one of the strings, and not knowing that was normal, actually thought I would get into trouble, and just hid the thing in my closet.  (Dumb kid.)

Before that I played with that thing daily.  (Still no lessons.)

I'm  44 and stopped taking piano lessons last year.  Took them for 3 1/2 years.  It is never too late to start.  I still play but just when I feel the need to hear my own style.  I love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im 25 and just started 6 month ago, the funny thing is I bought 2 pop machines 4 years ago, but I didnt like the ROI, man i wish I had looked into bulk vending back them, really enjoy the service times and the ROI. Also sold the machines, now I wish I keeps them. 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm 20 years old, just turned that on June 26th. First got into vending in March of this year. Hoping to eventually have this be a full-time job for me and quit the lousy convenience store job I have, unfortunately that's will probably be at least five years from now, if not longer.

I'm 20 years old, just turned that on June 26th. First got into vending in March of this year. Hoping to eventually have this be a full-time job for me and quit the lousy convenience store job I have, unfortunately that's will probably be at least five years from now, if not longer.

If you do NOT spend any of your profits from your machine and you just keep "reinvesting" it into the route, with a couple of good locations, you will be able to go full time in no time at all!

If you do NOT spend any of your profits from your machine and you just keep "reinvesting" it into the route, with a couple of good locations, you will be able to go full time in no time at all!

I'm trying to do that, but I also have a 12K student loan to pay off. And I need to go back to college sometime and finish an actual degree. I have enough saved up to buy another machine, just gotta find a machine and a location to put it.

• 1 month later...

I'm 35.  But if you ask the Mrs, she will say I am in between our 5yr old and our 4yr old daughters.

While playing,  There isn't anything wrong with fighting with them over a certain barbie is there?  :-[

Archived