My first rack on location, free to put whatever I want*

RikaKazak

*clarifier, with stuff that isn't already there ;)

Long story short, the location owner loves me because I did a job for him for free where most people charge $130ish for it.  So he's given me free reign to do whatever I want to his location (within reason).

The location is an all you can eat mongolian grill spot, and has my top producing vendstar in it.  At the location there is another vendstar (vends different candy) a sticker rack (5 way rack, all stickers) and a gumball machine (one where you put in a quarter and a dump truck brings you the gumball) and my altoids gum machine (that actually vends trident white gum, just put on location yesterday).

He gave me a rack + 4 heads (pretty sure the rack can hold 6 heads total though) and he said if I fix it up/clean it I'm more then welcome to bring the rack back and put it in.  The problem is, I have NO idea what to put in it.

This is the first rack I've ever owned, and I've never done toys (obviously I think stickers won't work here because there's already 5 heads of sticker machines).

What toys/item would you guys put in?  I'm totally lost.

p.s.  I live in northern Idaho, so things like duck dynasty are really popular (although that might not be a good choice after the recent scandal).  I'm really open to  anything, and in the future I could see myself doing racks/candy/amusement full time, so getting into toys/stickers is something I want to do, even though this opportunity sort of just fell into my lap.

4 1" products?

If so,

1" Lock stock and barrel or mini hardware

1' sticky mix

1" mustache mix

1" rings  (any type)

All of these can be found at Cardinal so you won't have to order from multiple places.  Should be a good mix of products to start with and you can try different stuff as you go and figure out what sells in your demographic.

First off, congrats on the location!  The choices mjacks mentioned are all great!  I also do well with Funny Monkeys from A&A, California Gold from A&A, Super Toys from Flatline, Sticky Jungle from Flatline, and you almost can't go wrong with gumballs (if he's okay with it).

a crane

If I owned one, I bet you I could get it in there ;)  (sadly I don't, only big machine left in my garage is a cotton candy vending machine ;) )

Since the heads that came with the rack are all for candy, how do I buy just heads for the rack?  I've been searching craigslist for the past 10 months and nothing has ever popped up.  I'll be honest, I don't know anything about racks/toy vending.

If I owned one, I bet you I could get it in there ;) (sadly I don't, only big machine left in my garage is a cotton candy vending machine ;) )

Since the heads that came with the rack are all for candy, how do I buy just heads for the rack? I've been searching craigslist for the past 10 months and nothing has ever popped up. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about racks/toy vending.

Are u interested in a crane? What's ur budget I have some spare used that id part with if the price was right

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

If I owned one, I bet you I could get it in there ;) (sadly I don't, only big machine left in my garage is a cotton candy vending machine ;) )

Since the heads that came with the rack are all for candy, how do I buy just heads for the rack? I've been searching craigslist for the past 10 months and nothing has ever popped up. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about racks/toy vending.

What brand are the machines? You shouldn't need to replace the machines. You can probably just buy capsule/gumball wheels for the machines you have. It'd be a lot cheaper than replacing all four heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

*clarifier, with stuff that isn't already there ;)

Long story short, the location owner loves me because I did a job for him for free where most people charge $130ish for it.  So he's given me free reign to do whatever I want to his location (within reason).

The location is an all you can eat mongolian grill spot, and has my top producing vendstar in it.  At the location there is another vendstar (vends different candy) a sticker rack (5 way rack, all stickers) and a gumball machine (one where you put in a quarter and a dump truck brings you the gumball) and my altoids gum machine (that actually vends trident white gum, just put on location yesterday).

He gave me a rack + 4 heads (pretty sure the rack can hold 6 heads total though) and he said if I fix it up/clean it I'm more then welcome to bring the rack back and put it in.  The problem is, I have NO idea what to put in it.

This is the first rack I've ever owned, and I've never done toys (obviously I think stickers won't work here because there's already 5 heads of sticker machines).

What toys/item would you guys put in?  I'm totally lost.

p.s.  I live in northern Idaho, so things like duck dynasty are really popular (although that might not be a good choice after the recent scandal).  I'm really open to  anything, and in the future I could see myself doing racks/candy/amusement full time, so getting into toys/stickers is something I want to do, even though this opportunity sort of just fell into my lap.

How does this location do for you? I'm thinking about putting machines into a Mongolian BBQ near me that doesn't have any. It seems to be fairly busy. 

Archived