Anyone use Bathroom Gum vendors?

abcoffee

I only do snack pop and coffee vending. However recently I was approched at one of the car dealerships I take care of by manager who said that their wife had a bunch of Machines that dispence intire gum packs in bathrooms. It basically looks like a tampon machine in size and has a Beaver mech that take $2 coin ( im in canada) He bought these machines for $700 a peice and he is willing to sell them on location for $100 each. They seem to be well built. they are all steel no plastic at all.

In all it seems like a good idea, your on a date and need some gum.... and the price of machines is good.

But I wonder if I will incounter ALOT of vandelism seeing as they are in bathrooms. probably the best accounts will be in bars.... but that is where i think there would likely be problems.

Any thoughts?

here is a like to the machines im talking about... not the seller, but same machines...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-business-industrial-Excel-Gum-vending-machines-NEW-W0QQAdIdZ568435642

I did bathroom gum on my first locations ever. They both got vandalized. It was a college crowd bar and it was the D-Ice machines. The ones you are describing seems like they may withstand a little more abuse if necessary. I can't really be of help on how well they did since they didnt really last that long :-/

I would have a tough time buying these at that price.

Consider that for almost the same money you could buy a BRAND NEW quality gumball machine that:

1) Is easier to install or remove from a location

2) Is easier to find locations for

3) Is capable of vending a greater variety of products

and

4) Has proven durability in the field

I don't have any of these machines but see them around often enough (I'm also in Canada). Always vandalized when they're in bars, only ever seen them with graffiti, never broken though, if that counts for much. I think these machines might be good somewhere near where you're doing your coffee already instead, a few gum companies are running "anti coffee breath" ads lately, double up on your existing customers.
My problem here would be the price too. The 'example' ad you posted had the machine for $90, and I've seen them on craigslist for cheaper, why not just pick one or two of those up and give it a shot yourself? Test the waters rather than buy your way into a situation two people are already trying to jump out of. Maybe the guy and his wife are selling because their locations are crap...

I'm in Canada and I actually have a couple of these exact machines, although I have never done anything with them, The beaver mech is nice and they are mostly all steel. (I can't remember if there is steel behind the front plastic panel or not).

I used to see them them placed around the city but not anymore, and they show up on Kijiji all the time so I'm tempted to say they aren't selling much gum.

I think I bought 3 for $200, sold one for $90 to a guy who wanted to try selling soap bars. (?) The other 2 have just been collecting dust, those Excel packs don't fit properly in my snack machine so I was considering bolting the gum machine to the side of one but never got around to it...

• 1 year later...

Hey Travis, did you even end up bolting the excel machines to your other one? Ever figure out something to do with them or are they still collecting dust?

I scored a few off of kijiji real cheap trying to figure out how to sell things other than gum packs. Talked to a box company and they want $450 to make blank gum-sized boxes though, ouch.

Archived