Stamp Machine Vend Price?

bulkjake

Does anyone have a stamp machine? I am selling 2 stamps currently for $1.25... and I pay a 20% commission on the stamp machine! I have seen other stamp machines raised to $1.35 but I don't think my machine has the ability to raise by dime level...Or maybe it does??

Do you think $1.50 for 2 stamps will fly?? 

Just FYI... Check thoroughly with USPS on that. If I'm not mistaken, it is a Federal law that you can NOT sell stamps higher than face value. However you could charge more for a stamped envelope because they are paying face value for the stamp and the remainder is for the envelope. Selling stamps is something that you provide as a service and unless you get a discount on stamps, there is no money to make.

USPS FAQ

Can stamps be sold at a higher price?

The Postal Service™ sells stamps at face value to everyone. We have no control over the pricing policies of private entrepreneurs, companies or agencies who resell our products. A charge at a higher price is most likely imposed to earn a return on their investment of capital and effort. The prices they charge are, no doubt, established on the basis of their needs and market evaluations.

Customers may avoid paying more than the stated value for First-Class Mail postage by purchasing stamps at their Post Office, through Stamps By Mail, phone, online, self-service kiosks (formerly Automated Postal Centers) and retail outlets that are involved with our consignment programs or from one of the many postal stores.

Archived