Machine first or location first?

wallstreeterww

hey folks, I have been having a debate with my dad about wether we should have the bulk vending machine before we secure a location or after we secure it.

I think its more prudent to have the machine ready first and he thinks its the other way around.

I think he is still stuck in full line vending mode , as its a litttle easier to secure a location in bulk then it is with full line.

I bought 50 used bulk machines first for $500 and then I started finding locations for them. That was a sweet deal I got parts galore and candy I was able to use with out having to buy from the go.

I went full time vending after almost six months of bulk vending. 

I bought 50 used bulk machines first for $500 and then I started finding locations for them. That was a sweet deal I got parts galore and candy I was able to use with out having to buy from the go.

I went full time vending after almost six months of bulk vending. 

Wow, how did u manage to get a deal like that? Im looking primarily for triple head machines. So your sayings it better with bulk to have the machines first.

I found it best if you can drop off the machine at the moment the location says yes.  If you wait, they change their minds.

We would stick 8 to 10 machines in the car ready to go and don't come back until all are placed :)

Bart

Wow, how did u manage to get a deal like that? Im looking primarily for triple head machines. So your sayings it better with bulk to have the machines first.

Craigslist!

The guy was thrilled to sell me everything, because he was moving back home and didn't want to bring the 1800 triple heads with him. 

I kept five at the best locations of course and just finish selling the last five along with what parts I had left. I kept some parts just in case I needed for my self.

Good Luck in your adventure!

Having the equipment ready is best in my opinion. Locations, especially good ones are hard to find so be prepared for that opportunity . Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cajon, wow, 1800's are some of the best out there. You struck good with that one :)

Having the equipment ready is best in my opinion. Locations, especially good ones are hard to find so be prepared for that opportunity . Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Harley, I was thinking the same thing, plus I'm shooting for locations that will average 8 dollars per head on triple machines.

Is that a modest goal or asking for too much.

I found it best if you can drop off the machine at the moment the location says yes.  If you wait, they change their minds.

We would stick 8 to 10 machines in the car ready to go and don't come back until all are placed :)

Bart

This is how I do it too. If you do not have the machine by the time it comes in you will lose about 50 percent of the ones that said yes. I have even had the owner tell me he had never seen me before.

This is how I do it too. If you do not have the machine by the time it comes in you will lose about 50 percent of the ones that said yes. I have even had the owner tell me he had never seen me before.

Thanks Wildmanne, We decided to try and get the machines first. Is there a spot on vendiscuss to place an ad looking for triple head machines? If so is it free to place the ad or how much do they charge?

I have always had the best luck putting the machine in immediately.  So have a machine ready when you are locating.  That said I  ran a route today and saw my note card in that routes book.

I was supposed to place a location 3 months ago!

A short note is better than a long memory...just remember to look at the notes!!

Cajon, wow, 1800's are some of the best out there. You struck good with that one :)

Harley, I was thinking the same thing, plus I'm shooting for locations that will average 8 dollars per head on triple machines.

Is that a modest goal or asking for too much.

Im not very experienced on bulk. If your looking for 8 per head X 3 = 24.00 I think your expecting a lot . It may average out to that if you have 30 or more of those triples .

Im not very experienced on bulk. If your looking for 8 per head X 3 = 24.00 I think your expecting a lot . It may average out to that if you have 30 or more of those triples .

Harley if that's close to the national average then I should be shooting for that goal. If a machine isn't producing that much the its time to try to find another location.

When I first started full line vending I had only 2 locations and they were giving me 1k a month net on each location.

One was at a nursing home , but they had me take the soda machine out because the new administrator said he wanted his own machine to save enough money to throw his employees a bigger Christmas party lol, so we left our snack machine in there.

It later turned out the the guy was saving the money for himself and was let go, but the nursing home decided that it would vend its own soda.

I know 8 per head might be a lot to expect but if your determined to keep finding better locations it can be done.

Heck I've seen people on this forum average much more than that .

Archived