WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING WITH MY MACHINE?

dromero

Im really REALLY pissed offf.

I have a rack of 8 machines in a gaming center. 6 of them are BEAVER and 2 are Rhino

Ive a concern with one of my Rhinos (I thought you guessed that)

It turns out that I put 15 USD worth of candy and when I picked up the money (very little candy was left) I had less than 15 USD!!!!!

Next time, the same thing happened 15 USD worth of candy and I picked like 10 USD.

I AM NOT DUMB!! WITH THE AMOUNT OF CANDY BEING DISPENSED I SHOULD HAVE EARNED AROUND 60 USD each time.

Is someone stealing me? is someone hacking my machine? or rhino machines simply suck???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (losing money isnt funny)

Have you done a dozen test vends?  I'm just trying to see if you can replicate the problem.  Why is this machine still on your rack?  Get another head on there so you can take this one home and tinker with it.  

Beyond that, can you post some pics?  There are literally more than a dozen possible problems here - no way to help you diagnose without more information.  

I'd be careful throwing around phrases like I'm not dumb.  You collected less than $15 for $15 worth of candy, but just filled up the head so it could happen again.  That ain't smart.  Get it off the rack and troubleshoot my friend!

May be out of time, have the wrong wheel or brush off, have a bad coin mech etc etch and yes rhino machines suck

What do you mean by out of time??

It is the right wheel, might it have damaged?? What is brush off??

What do you mean by bad coin mechanism???

Thnks Thnaks Thanks.

My first thought is that your candy wheel is misaligned.  When you set the top half of the machine back onto the housing, you need to make sure that one of the open spaces of the wheel is on top of the chute.  If this is the problem, then kids can just turn the handle a little and candy will fall out.  Repeatedly doing so will empty your machine eventually.  

Regardless, Rhino can't compare to Beaver machines.  In case you're vending Mike and Ikes out of a Beaver, don't use the Beaver candy wheel because they gum up the wheel and stop vending after so much accumulation.  Use a Lypc candy wheel in place; it works great and solves the Mike and Ike problem.

Have you done a dozen test vends?  I'm just trying to see if you can replicate the problem.  Why is this machine still on your rack?  Get another head on there so you can take this one home and tinker with it.  

Beyond that, can you post some pics?  There are literally more than a dozen possible problems here - no way to help you diagnose without more information.  

I'd be careful throwing around phrases like I'm not dumb.  You collected less than $15 for $15 worth of candy, but just filled up the head so it could happen again.  That ain't smart.  Get it off the rack and troubleshoot my friend!

No, I havent. 

Ill do 30 tests next time (on Tuesday)

I dont have another machine to replace it, Ill have to buy it and it might take more than 2 weeks to arrive to my country.

Ill post pics on Tuesday.

Well, actually I am a little dumb or lazy for that matter. I just realized this was happening a few days ago looking at how much Ive picked in the last visits.

Thanks.

My first thought is that your candy wheel is misaligned.  When you set the top half of the machine back onto the housing, you need to make sure that one of the open spaces of the wheel is on top of the chute.  If this is the problem, then kids can just turn the handle a little and candy will fall out.  Repeatedly doing so will empty your machine eventually.  

Regardless, Rhino can't compare to Beaver machines.  In case you're vending Mike and Ikes out of a Beaver, don't use the Beaver candy wheel because they gum up the wheel and stop vending after so much accumulation.  Use a Lypc candy wheel in place; it works great and solves the Mike and Ike problem.

I am vending m&m lookalikes from that Rhino I told u.

The mech in the video is broken. A properly working mech can't not go back and forth (180) like that.  The mech should be one way only after the first "click".  I'd say, check your mech with a coin ever other visit for proper operation.  I've found the sprocket screw loose and it causes all kinds if problems

Bart

The mech in the video is broken. A properly working mech can't not go back and forth (180) like that.  The mech should be one way only after the first "click".  I'd say, check your mech with a coin ever other visit for proper operation.  I've found the sprocket screw loose and it causes all kinds if problems

Bart

I am not a Native English speaker, do you ahve a pic of what a sprocket screw means ?? thanks.

First wiggle the mech back and forth and see if any free candy comes out

then the wheel is misaligned

check with test vends..

then the other thing no one else has mentioned

the rhinos are a different key I bet? than the beavers?

someone has your key code...

and is dipping in your cashbox

bill

What the heck!!!

Can this be done will all machine brands?? Thats a northwestern (a good machine)

How to avoid this happening??

We are screwed if this goes viral.

not if your coin mechs are working properly.

but, that's what people do, walk around and check machines when they see them,

then keep eating all your candy until it's fixed.

First wiggle the mech back and forth and see if any free candy comes out

then the wheel is misaligned

check with test vends..

then the other thing no one else has mentioned

the rhinos are a different key I bet? than the beavers?

someone has your key code...

and is dipping in your cashbox

bill

They are different key than Beavers, I dont think someone has a Rhino key in my hometown. Ive never seen another Rhino machine in my city, I live in Colombia. Most machines are Eagles (really ugly and simple machines)

What is probable is that they might have something that resembles a key or anything that would open a lock for that matter and opened the machine.

Thanks Bill

From buying used machines and being able to repair everything

and learning how to open games and racks from a auction without keys...

I can open any lock in seconds.

the rhino locks or most any bulk vending locks are too easy to open

here try this.. 

take a few medium to small flat head screwdrivers with you

put them in the lock and wiggle back and forth

10-1  someone's broke the tines off your locks and they open with any turn

see if they have their copper spines still grabbing the sides

take your key half out and see if they still move..

bill

From buying used machines and being able to repair everything

and learning how to open games and racks from a auction without keys...

I can open any lock in seconds.

the rhino locks or most any bulk vending locks are too easy to open

here try this.. 

take a few medium to small flat head screwdrivers with you

put them in the lock and wiggle back and forth

10-1  someone's broke the tines off your locks and they open with any turn

see if they have their copper spines still grabbing the sides

take your key half out and see if they still move..

bill

I thank you ery much, but I find it impossible to follow instructions in English, is there a video on youtube for this, thanks! 

I thank you ery much, but I find it impossible to follow instructions in English, is there a video on youtube for this, thanks! 

1.  Necesitas un destornillador mediana para poner en la cerradura.

2.  Intente girar la cerradura con el destornillador.

3.  Pues puedes girar la cerradura con destornillador, la cerradurra no esta bien.  Se necesita una cerradura nueva.

1.  Necesitas un destornillador mediana para poner en la cerradura.

2.  Intente girar la cerradura con el destornillador.

3.  Pues puedes girar la cerradura con destornillador, la cerradurra no esta bien.  Se necesita una cerradura nueva.

Gracias Gracias,

I consider myself proficient at English but when it comes down to some parts of tools or tools, I suck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

I did what you suggested, placing the vending wheel correctly, putting larger springs and changed the candy to runts.

Today I picked 24 USD from that machine and it seems like very little candy was dispensed.

So I think problem has been solved.

Thanks again.

I admit it I am a fool that was happening to me like since from sept from last year, I just noticed 2 weeks ago.!!!!

Archived