Established Route For Sale....Worth?

RikaKazak

http://spokane.craigslist.org/bfs/4398010732.html

The guy doesn't file taxes on the route, so no way to verify that way.  It's 19 machines located in 18 spots.  Plus 6 extra machines.

The machines are 2/3rds 1800's and 1/3rd vendstars.  He's had the route for 4 years, and I've got a list of the locations he's at.

He's moving tomorrow morning 8 hours away, so is very motivated.  I already offered $1,000 and he said no.   He didn't counter my $1,000 offer, just said, no thanks.

I just don't think it's worth $3,000 and want to make sure others agree.  They do have inventory, but I still don't think all of that is worth $3K...maybe $1.5K?

It is worth what it would cost to have a locator get the spots because the machines are junk that will need to all be replaced. Top value $700. But I wouldnt pay that, I would get good machines and locate myself. FYI, the Northwesterns I bought 30 years ago (used) are still on my routes.

IMO, the locations sound like dogs given the claimed revenue.

You have a list of the locations.

Do they seem worth having on your route?

Equipment-wise, I'm not a fan of triples, but 1800's seem to be well liked.

Vendstars are not even worth the hassle...especially in crappy locations.

So this is what the seller is offering: mostly crappy locations, some "decent" equipment, and some junk equipment....all rolled into a route with declining revenue.

Your original $1k is more than I'd be willing to pay.

$1500.00 is a fair price for the whole lot. The two yellow machines he has pictures of are not Vendstar or 1800. They look to be a generic metal triple (lots of different brand names but essentially the same machine). These metal triples and the 1800s are worth more than the $60.00 you would be paying for each machine ($60 x 25 = $1500.00). On top of that you are picking up 19 locations plus inventory and parts. People are often ultra critical about equipment and buying somewhat distressed routes but I have had a lot of luck picking up these small routes. One route in particular that I bought 4 years ago has 5 locations out of the 16 I purchased that now do 60 to 90 bucks a month using the Vendstars that were there originally. All the candy doors are missing but they are still cranking. Of the others I lost 3 due to locations closing/remodel and the rest are in the $8.00 to $20.00 range monthly. It was a good investment for me.

Bj SD brbfjfififjffjjjrrjj89hjdjkfjfjjjfjfrkr brbfjfififjffjjjrrjj89hjdjkfjfjjjfjfrkr i5guj0jfhjjfñffbfbffbbfbfbfbfbfbffbfbff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fhdddfddhdhfhdhfhbddbddhdhdhdhdhhdddhhdhdhddhdhddhdhdhdhebdhddbdvddbdvdbdbdbdddddddvvddvbdhdbfhfh3h4hèrhrrhheerhffdfgfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrerfhffdhhrrhfhrhrhhfhfhff GH hfhhhufjfffffhdhdh

PJ

dndjejejdjrhrrrewe3hdhdddhdhddhdhdddhdddddhhrrr4rrrrrhhrrh4ddde33eeee31

Bj SD brbfjfififjffjjjrrjj89hjdjkfjfjjjfjfrkr brbfjfififjffjjjrrjj89hjdjkfjfjjjfjfrkr i5guj0jfhjjfñffbfbffbbfbfbfbfbfbffbfbff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalkfhdddfddhdhfhdhfhbddbddhdhdhdhdhhdddhhdhdhddhdhddhdhdhdhebdhddbdvddbdvdbdbdbdddddddvvddvbdhdbfhfh3h4hèrhrrhheerhffdfgfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrerfhffdhhrrhfhrhrhhfhfhff GH hfhhhufjfffffhdhdh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TapatalkPJ

Spouting jibberish again? :):)

I would pay 1500 for them, look it in terms of ROI how many months will it take to recouperate investment? less than 8 sounds fair to me, and they have extra inventory (which is free candy!!!) it says it has the potential to make more than that?? how come??? have him explain that to you!!!

Spouting jibberish again? :) :)

Sorry guys. My 2 year old had his way with my phone today. I guess he tapped the Tapatalk icon and then hit the latest unread thread and went to town. He made a couple calls too. I'm still trying to figure out all the settings he changed.

Sorry guys. My 2 year old had his way with my phone today. I guess he tapped the Tapatalk icon and then hit the latest unread thread and went to town. He made a couple calls too. I'm still trying to figure out all the settings he changed.

For a 2 year old , he did awesome.  It looks like its time to get him his own user name here on vendiscuss

...... and that's why you password protect everything. Lol

fhdddfddhdhfhdhfhbddbddhdhdhdhdhhdddhhdhdhddhdhddhdhdhdhebdhddbdvddbdvdbdbdbdddddddvvddvbdhdbfhfh3h4hèrhrrhheerhffdfgfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrerfhffdhhrrhfhrhrhhfhfhff GH hfhhhufjfffffhdhdh

PJ

Boy am I disappointed learn this was not you.

This was your most insightful post in months!

an_punch.gif

;D

I offered $1,200, he passed, and I decided that was my max.  If he came back with $1,300 or something I would still probably take it...but oh well...can't close every deal ;)  (because if you are, you're offering too much, lol)

I thought he was expecting to get at least 2500 for them, you wont believe me but Ive managed to negotiate machines that were initially in 1500 USD and pay for them 700 USD. The buyer had been having a hard time selling them. I offered 500 USD initially and at first he said no, then he sent an email telling me he was willing to sell them at 700 USD. . But he needed the money!! If the seller doesnt need the money u r screwed.

I would do a little math for the seller.  Tell him how you are coming up with the offer.  For instance I would value that route as follows.

Benefit of the doubt that 10 of the 18 are worthwhile locations....$50 ea.....$500

Used triples .....$25ea.....$625

Total $1,125

Normally when you walk someone through some math this way it at least sparks some conversation if they don't accept the offer...they will say something like "Well I think $25 ea is a little low for the machines" and the second conversation starts you own the deal!

Walk away from it and take his list of locations and go after each one of them yourself. He is moving away and wont be able to service them. If he doesn't have the ability to service them they will go else where anyway. Guy doesn't want to sell go take them. It might be unethical but its business.

Archived