Latino Auto Shop

Hey guys. Just landed a nice account. 2 Mexican automotive shops with massive foot traffic. Was wondering, what sells well to this demographic outside of Flamin' Hot Cheetos? Ideas please! 

Big Red, Orange and Pineapple Fanta. Takis chips if you can get them, Pork Rinds, Honey Buns, Payday, cornnuts and Snickers are a good starter list, anyone else care to chime in?

Hey guys. Just landed a nice account. 2 Mexican automotive shops with massive foot traffic. Was wondering, what sells well to this demographic outside of Flamin' Hot Cheetos? Ideas please! 

Salsitas!

Zapps Crawtators

Herrs Jalapeno poppers

Honey Buns

You have Pineapple Fanta? I would kill to have that stuff up here! What state are you in and do you have a Fed EX account?

Can you get your hands on Shasta, their Pineapple sells good for me in two machines.

I've sold a lot of Big Texas cinnamon rolls with this demographic.  I focus less on the "hot stuff" because a lot of them simply don't seem to care for the hot stuff THAT I SELL in my area.  That doesn't mean that they don't like spicy food, it just means that they don't seem to care for flamin' hot cheetos, hot pork rinds, etc...  I definitely don't sell much chocolate but they seem to prefer simpler stuff like cheezits, nacho doritos, etc....

As for soda, definitely use Fanta/Crush, Pepsi, Sprite, and other local favorites.  They seem to care far less about having a variety of colas and care far more about having a variety of fruity sodas.  I only have one account with such a demographic though.

Drinks:  90% of my accounts are Hispanic. Coke (Coka) sells 10-1 over anything else here. Pepsi (Baisy) about mid-bottom. Monster #2, Squirt #3, Gatorade #4, Kerns variety is okay but tapers off after a few months.

Snacks:  Anything pastry (bread). One location I can't stock enough chocolate cupcakes, another one 2 doors down don't touch the cupcakes. Cheese Danish, cherry cheese Danish, mini-donuts, Iced honey buns, etc.

Doritos regular, ruffles sour/cream, regular lays sell really good, salsitas, Gardettos.

I give all my outdated chips out as samples to get them to try new flavors. Once they find out that there is more to life than pork rinds with Tapatio sauce, sales take-off on the main stream chips.

Candy: Blah. Peanuts, Kars, Hershey w/Almonds, Nutter Butter, Skittles. Blah.

Cold Food: Burritos-cheaper the better, Spicy dry soup. 

Drinks:  90% of my accounts are Hispanic. Coke (Coka) sells 10-1 over anything else here. Pepsi (Baisy) about mid-bottom. Monster #2, Squirt #3, Gatorade #4, Kerns variety is okay but tapers off after a few months.

Snacks:  Anything pastry (bread). One location I can't stock enough chocolate cupcakes, another one 2 doors down don't touch the cupcakes. Cheese Danish, cherry cheese Danish, mini-donuts, Iced honey buns, etc.

Doritos regular, ruffles sour/cream, regular lays sell really good, salsitas, Gardettos.

I give all my outdated chips out as samples to get them to try new flavors. Once they find out that there is more to life than pork rinds with Tapatio sauce, sales take-off on the main stream chips.

Candy: Blah. Peanuts, Kars, Hershey w/Almonds, Nutter Butter, Skittles. Blah.

Cold Food: Burritos-cheaper the better, Spicy dry soup. 

Excellent to hear this. What type of accounts are in your Latino Demographic. Laundry mats and auto shops? I will be grabbing donuts and pastries next time for them. I think your advice was very much what I wanted to hear.

Archived