Yikes..Federal Junk Food Ban

Healthy food they have in schools is really not that healthy

Example: juice with practically no vitamins and that has more sugar than coke per ounce

Or how about reduced fat Doritos that only save 20 calories

Healthy food they have in schools is really not that healthy

Example: juice with practically no vitamins and that has more sugar than coke per ounce

Or how about reduced fat Doritos that only save 20 calories

Nothing that is healthy is really vendable at this point. Organic has 0 shelf life. It's really a changing industry. I think companies need to focus on making better products, that taste good, and have some nutritional value. At this stage in the game, it's almost going to be illegal to sell stuff that is junk anymore. 

There's companies that are doing healthy vending

A lot of the baked chip have longer life

Some are actually not bad tasting

Gatorade life water water sparking water juicoe are all healthy alternatives

But I still prefer traditional junk food

Did you guys see they banned bottled water in San francisco

Just googled it. OMG. We need some positive news for us vendors. Man. That is brutal. I know some machines do like 15-20% of their sales on bottled water alone! 

Considering it happened in California I'm not really surprised any state that would let moondog live there is likely to do weird things like that.......

This is a very relative point.

I wonder how long it's going to be before they stop letting us drive more than 20 miles/day, or they start charging us a tax for paying our taxes.  Then they will need to install a new regulatory body to cover the taxes that are paid to those who pay their taxes.

We got hit with this stuff a few years ago. My school accounts are just cold drinks and very little variety. No snack machines for the students. Gatorade is listed as an "electrolyte replacement" drink and can be sold here. Vistar has Gatorade in the 11.5 oz aluminum cans, so I can really fill-up a machine. I do sell Snapple (cans) and lots of water. All in all, it's not so bad.

Considering it happened in California I'm not really surprised any state that would let moondog live there is likely to do weird things like that.......

Shhhh !  They don't know I'm here - too busy raising taxes and scaring off all the major employers so I'm just riding under the radar.  ;D

The cool part about having a snack machine in the teachers lounge is watching the kids sneak in and buy as much stuff as they possibly can before they get caught. One time a couple of kids had a note from their teacher that had a long list of snacks for the teacher. lol

The cool part about having a snack machine in the teachers lounge is watching the kids sneak in and buy as much stuff as they possibly can before they get caught. One time a couple of kids had a note from their teacher that had a long list of snacks for the teacher. lol

Lol. If only we could be in HS again. Hahaa

Not me, the worst four years of my life and I really mean it

I caused so much trouble they sent me to Vietnam LOL

Missed the Nam by a year - I was #13 on the draft list when they started shutting it down.

Missed the Nam by a year - I was #13 on the draft list when they started shutting it down.

My two older brothers didn't miss Nam, and I was in line when the draft was shut down. plenty of Cajun's went to Nam! Crawfish didn't taste the same.

Archived