damn eBay bidders

sweetstop

As long as I have been selling on ebay it always amazes me how many people bid and win auctions then never pay!

4 more just this past week

I have never gotten involved with ebay so maybe this is a stupid question. Another auction site that I do use allows for negative feedback if a winner does not pay up and eventual banning, can you do this on ebay?

I have never gotten involved with ebay so maybe this is a stupid question. Another auction site that I do use allows for negative feedback if a winner does not pay up and eventual banning, can you do this on ebay?

Nope, eBay doesn't allow buyers to be punished via negative feedback. eBay has a bias towards buyers..

Thats correct no more neg feedback allowed.

I use ebay mostly so I don't sell to my competitors locally.

I do get my fees back, just a pain in the you know what!

seem to come in groups 4 or 5 at a time then fine for a while, almost always 0 rating

I do like the buy it now with the best offer option, you can put it automatic accept and decline perimeters

The pros of eBay outweigh the cons.  Like it or not, they are the world's largest auction site so you are putting your wares in front of exponentially more people than say, craigslist for instance.  Still a pain in the rear when buyers don't pay though!  

I do not use e bay and will not even look at it

There is an auction site called Fasttracks auctions

You have to give them a cc number before you bid and if you win your card is automatically billed the minute the auction closes

Love the site

Yep, the buyers seem to have all the rights on eBay.  A buyer can say anything or claim anything or simply not pay with little or no consequences.

I once had a guy take 2 weeks to pay.  He always had an excuse.  Even when I tried to cancel transaction, I had to get the buyer's permission (per eBay ploicy)!  When he finally paid me, he had some lame excuse, like the money was transferred into the wrong account - yea, right.  I felt like saying, "So you took two weeks to pay me, I guess I will wait two weeks to ship it".  Of course, I would be reprimanded by eBay if I did that.

So that is why, I only use "Buy it Now" for most items.  Just make sure you check the box that "Requires Immediate Payment" when setting up the listing.  If you don't check the box, a person can still win the item and pay later - which defeats the purpose of buy-it-now.

I've had a few potential buyers even ask me to buy-it-now, but hold the item for them and then pay me in a few weeks.  Usually along with a sob story. I just ignore them.  But many times, I feel like screaming, "It's called a Buy-It-Now button, not a Put-On-Layaway button"!  I am not K-Mart!

But eBay does give a large exposure to an item and so the hassle is worth it to me for lower priced items.  However, I personally do not sell high priced items on eBay, due to their policies.

Yep, the buyers seem to have all the rights on eBay.  A buyer can say anything or claim anything or simply not pay with little or no consequences.

I once had a guy take 2 weeks to pay.  He always had an excuse.  Even when I tried to cancel transaction, I had to get the buyer's permission (per eBay ploicy)!  When he finally paid me, he had some lame excuse, like the money was transferred into the wrong account - yea, right.  I felt like saying, "So you took two weeks to pay me, I guess I will wait two weeks to ship it".  Of course, I would be reprimanded by eBay if I did that.

So that is why, I only use "Buy it Now" for most items.  Just make sure you check the box that "Requires Immediate Payment" when setting up the listing.  If you don't check the box, a person can still win the item and pay later - which defeats the purpose of buy-it-now.

I've had a few potential buyers even ask me to buy-it-now, but hold the item for them and then pay me in a few weeks.  Usually along with a sob story. I just ignore them.  But many times, I feel like screaming, "It's called a Buy-It-Now button, not a Put-On-Layaway button"!  I am not K-Mart!

But eBay does give a large exposure to an item and so the hassle is worth it to me for lower priced items.  However, I personally do not sell high priced items on eBay, due to their policies.

LOL, so true!  I can't believe how many eBay buyers cannot grasp the concept.  What part of a button named Buy. It. Now...is tripping you up?  Why is it even an option to pay later is what I'd like to know.  You should have to proceed straight to checkout when you click that button.  

Archived