Amazon as a source for products?

Arutkow

Has anyone used Amazon as a source for bulk candy or snack items to vend?

Shipping costs always seems to be an issue when buying bulk items, and Amazon does offer shipping deals or even free shipping.

Heres an example;  http://amzn.to/1mrrDiB

Just curious,

Thanks,

Abram

I've bought runts and bouncy balls from Amazon, I'm a prime member and many things qualify for free 2 day shipping, runts I can get cheaper locally but bouncy balls turned out to be a great deal

I've bought runts and bouncy balls from Amazon, I'm a prime member and many things qualify for free 2 day shipping, runts I can get cheaper locally but bouncy balls turned out to be a great deal

All I saw on there  was 19 something for a bag of 250. Is there cheaper?

Shipping costs always seems to be an issue when buying bulk items, and Amazon does offer shipping deals or even free shipping.

Heres an example;  http://amzn.to/1mrrDiB

That is a TERRIBLE price for those GB.

You can do MUCH better at SAM's if there is one in your area.

As far as shipping is concerned, there is no shipping at SAM's either because you are buying directly at the store.

Another plus buying at SAM's vs Amazon: You can see the date the GB were mfr'd right on the box before buying.

You wouldn't want to buy through Amazon from some supplier who has had those GB sitting on a shelf for a yr or two.

Lastly, if there IS some sort of problem, returning the product to SAM's is A LOT easier than having to return ship to some Amazon dealer.

What was your end-price on the runts?

And on the Bouncy Balls?

Like I stated I can get runts cheaper locally (Vistar $50-55) but the bouncy balls were $74 for 1000 free shipping.

Vistar just bought out the distributor That I was using. How are they to work with? Big selection? Or not?

That's not bad for the balls, I cant remember off the top of my head what TNT sells them for. I go there because of the service. 

Like I stated I can get runts cheaper locally (Vistar $50-55) but the bouncy balls were $74 for 1000 free shipping.

If those are 27mm BB you are paying $8 more per bag of 250 than you would pay through a supplier like A&A or TNT.

It's not really "free" shipping...they're just rolling the cost of shipping into the sales price.

Vistar just bought out the distributor That I was using. How are they to work with? Big selection? Or not?

That's not bad for the balls, I cant remember off the top of my head what TNT sells them for. I go there because of the service.

They are great for runts, anything else sams is better. They are better for full line in massive quantities because the will deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

call tntvend and talk to Vicki. I've worked with her for about 8 years and she is a rare gem in the industry! They will work with USPS priority if its cheaper. Most places don't vary on what you need for shipping. It will probably be cheaper, and the customer service is far and above any I've ever had.

Best price on BB is at enter vending. AA is pushing 12 a bag and others are a bit more.

You may want to verify your prices.

Even at lower quantities, A&A's 27mm BB mix was closer to $10 than $12 as of last week....much closer.

As a side note: the mix I received from A&A last week is far superior to anything pictured on the enter vending site in terms of variety of balls in the mix.

You may want to verify your prices.

Even at lower quantities, A&A's 27mm BB mix was closer to $10 than $12 as of last week....much closer.

As a side note: the mix I received from A&A last week is far superior to anything pictured on the enter vending site in terms of variety of balls in the mix.

At AA it's all about sales person for prices. You can call one person hang up the phone and call another and get a differnt price. So that doesn't surprise me.

I've been buying from Blue bar or Carousel in Lincolnshire Illinois, very good prices and product. So if your on the west coast its Blue Bar or A&A, Midwest Carousel, east coast A&A or Cardinal, cardinal has a good mix and have beaten A&A from time to time.

I talked to Vicki at tntvend today and confirmed the price on BB's, they are only 10 a bag. Their mix has always been good. Just an fyi! 

Their prices don't vary like AA, they're always the same unless the gas prices go through the roof again! Then everyone's goes up!

I talked to Vicki at tntvend today and confirmed the price on BB's, they are only 10 a bag. Their mix has always been good. Just an fyi! 

Their prices don't vary like AA, they're always the same unless the gas prices go through the roof again! Then everyone's goes up!

Do you have exprience with A&A's prices varying or are you taking others at their word here?

I am a satisfied customer of both TNT and A&A.

And as far as price-variance is concerned, my experience has always been that the only variance from A&A has to do with quantity...which is common in the wholesale market for most industries.

The more you buy, the more you save.

But, I do thank you for posting pricing from TnT....apparently, some of us have an easier time finding 27mm BB's at the $10 mark than others.

Also check out Five Star TJ KIng for BB's.  They run specials for $9 per bag sometimes.  Shipping is real cheap too.  They negotiated a good deal with FedEx Ground.  Nice to see a supplier get good shipping rates for the little guy that places small orders (rather than pallets).

Also check out Five Star TJ KIng for BB's. They run specials for $9 per bag sometimes. Shipping is real cheap too. They negotiated a good deal with FedEx Ground. Nice to see a supplier get good shipping rates for the little guy that places small orders (rather than pallets).

Your right about TJ king. Great freight rates.

Do you have exprience with A&A's prices varying or are you taking others at their word here?

I am a satisfied customer of both TNT and A&A.

And as far as price-variance is concerned, my experience has always been that the only variance from A&A has to do with quantity...which is common in the wholesale market for most industries.

The more you buy, the more you save.

But, I do thank you for posting pricing from TnT....apparently, some of us have an easier time finding 27mm BB's at the $10 mark than others.

By prices varying I think he means the range of prices. Example one inch can range 14 to the mid 30 dollar range. As an operator that drives me crazy. At TNT it's all with in a dollar or so. As is most small suppliers. Flat line also keeps a small range even their .50 one inch items are priced very good.

Have you actually done this or are you being facetious?

Supplier prices are not written in stone at any supplier. The best thing to do is build a relationship with your sales person. If you want a better price ask. And shop around use it for price leverage.

Archived