Is this a good deal?

Anyfice

Hi,

I'm new to the vending game and attempting to purchase my first machines. I found a deal for $37.50 per machine for Oak 450s with 50 cent mechs. They are in very good condition, but used nonetheless. I am considering buying 5 of these to start out, and replacing two of the mechs with 25 cent ones, and using those machines as gumball machines, while using the rest of the machines for 1" toys. 

Am I getting a good deal on these machines? Is this a viable starting strategy in your opinion? 

I also plan to start out with charity vending, but have yet to decide on a charity. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hi,

I'm new to the vending game and attempting to purchase my first machines. I found a deal for $37.50 per machine for Oak 450s with 50 cent mechs. They are in very good condition, but used nonetheless. I am considering buying 5 of these to start out, and replacing two of the mechs with 25 cent ones, and using those machines as gumball machines, while using the rest of the machines for 1" toys. 

Am I getting a good deal on these machines? Is this a viable starting strategy in your opinion? 

I also plan to start out with charity vending, but have yet to decide on a charity. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Thats not an extremely bad deal. I would still try to get them cheaper but you're not getting ripped off.

Do you have an idea of what a really good price for these machines would be? I'm having trouble finding deals on single head machines so every deal that I come across seems like a good one to me. I appreciate your response!

Oak vistas new run from $40 to. $60 (buying quantity) so $25 for a route ready used machine would be a really good price, $35 is good if you can pick up locally and save shipping . Used machines that need paint I wouldn't pay over $15

It's not a bad deal. Try keeping the 50 cent coin mechanisms and run Nerds gumballs in them. I have a place that sells Nerds gumballs at 50 cents pretty well. You'd be surprised how well a "premium" gumball will sell at a higher price point. It surprised me. I didn't think it would work and for the last year it has worked very well.

Ah that's a great idea, shepherdsflock.

I just found out that the shipping for the machines is going to be $116, making each machine like $54 after all is said and done. On the one hand, I feel like I can get a better deal; on the other, I have been searching and searching and haven't been able to find one. It's been very difficult for me to find single head machines that are used.

You need to call A&A. Just starting out I would buy a A&A PO89 with a 300 globe and a gum wheel for 850 size gum. The reasons I recomend this are:

It is a good cost effective machine, A&A has some very good shipping rates, A&A has all the parts you may ever need, the machine will be easy to sell if you find out that you really dont like vending when you get into it.

Musser, do you think the PO89 is a better starting machine than an Oak 300? From what I've read, they're pretty comparable but the PO89 seems to wear more quickly. The parts being readily available sounds like a big plus.

I have been using PO89 since 1995 and all of mine are still in operation. I would go with the 450 large globe they are great for gum balls and 1.1 inch toys, if you are going to sell candy then I guess the 300 globe is fine.

I have been using PO89 since 1995 and all of mine are still in operation. I would go with the 450 large globe they are great for gum balls and 1.1 inch toys, if you are going to sell candy then I guess the 300 globe is fine.

I agree the 89 is the way to go

Archived