Higher end crane prizes

TWvend

With Easter behind us, the options for holiday plush are gone until fall. I was considering higher end items , $5.00 -$8.00 each. I was just curious if this is a move in the wrong direction ...... at $1.00 per play, I was concerned it would take too many plays per win ratio and afraid of getting complaints. I was  hoping for ideas or feedback from others on what works & what doesn't work.

What kind of items? Most jewelry (even nice pieces) can be had for 75 cents, watches for a buck or two, close out licensed stuff maybe 2-3 bucks. Some hard to get plush like Disney is not really made for cranes but is retail only so the price is high $7-$8. Hats are cheap. A&A has some nice head phones for under $7 I think. These kind of things are just leader items like we use in bulk to get the people to play.

Crane locations full in one of two categories. The avaerage location usually has the same customer base year in and year out so you  really need winners to keep the crane revenue up so high end stuff is a tough sell because of the low win rate. The other type of locations are travel related in someway, either destinations or along the way, these have new players all the time so the flashy stuff will work better here because percentaging the win rate is not critical.

What kind of items? Most jewelry (even nice pieces) can be had for 75 cents, watches for a buck or two, close out licensed stuff maybe 2-3 bucks. Some hard to get plush like Disney is not really made for cranes but is retail only so the price is high $7-$8. Hats are cheap. A&A has some nice head phones for under $7 I think. These kind of things are just leader items like we use in bulk to get the people to play.

Crane locations full in one of two categories. The avaerage location usually has the same customer base year in and year out so you  really need winners to keep the crane revenue up so high end stuff is a tough sell because of the low win rate. The other type of locations are travel related in someway, either destinations or along the way, these have new players all the time so the flashy stuff will work better here because percentaging the win rate is not critical.

Enjoyed the post on two types on crane locations. Pondering it.........Where can I get nice jewelry for .75 and watches for a buck or 2?  

Bill, I get almost all my hardgoods stuff at the ASD show. There are some suppliers like Namco, HMS Monaco, Panaria, RINCO that have some deals but I cant give an opinion because its not how I buy. I was walking through the show and just about ready to leave and I saw a booth the guy was selling really good jewelry at for 50 cents a bracelet, so there is always a suprise or two at the ASD.

Archived