Mechs that only take quarters

Dreaded13

I been doing a lot of reading over the last 6 months. In one of the books that I read, it said something about beaver mechs taking dimes and nickels while not vending. So it's essentially free cash. Do the new beaver mechs still have that advantage over other mechs OR is that more universal now? I only ask because I would think in the right place, that could be a big advantage over other brands?

Thoughts?

Do you happen to know if vendstars have the drop thru mechs? Leaning towards a few of those to start. Saving the profits I get with those and any other means to get extra cash I'll start buying Oaks or Beavers as I go along with this adventure.

Thanks Rick btw.

Do you happen to know if vendstars have the drop thru mechs? Leaning towards a few of those to start. Saving the profits I get with those and any other means to get extra cash I'll start buying Oaks or Beavers as I go along with this adventure.

Thanks Rick btw.

Don't count on your pennies, nickels, and dimes to make you a fortune.  Even in my racks, the amount of extra coins adds up to as much as $1 total per service, so I just disregard them.  I mostly see them in toy machines because little kids either don't know the difference or are trying to get something for nothing...and they get nothing.

Don't count on your pennies, nickels, and dimes to make you a fortune.  Even in my racks, the amount of extra coins adds up to as much as $1 total per service, so I just disregard them.  I mostly see them in toy machines because little kids either don't know the difference or are trying to get something for nothing...and they get nothing.

Yep.  The non-quarter coins are mostly insignificant

Don't count on your pennies, nickels, and dimes to make you a fortune.  Even in my racks, the amount of extra coins adds up to as much as $1 total per service, so I just disregard them.

It's definitely not a fortune, but it's free money.

I don't like mechs without the drop-through feature.

The drop-through feature helps keep people from jamming up the mechs with non-quarters.

And even a few nickles/dimes here and there can add up.

It's definitely not a fortune, but it's free money.

I don't like mechs without the drop-through feature.

The drop-through feature helps keep people from jamming up the mechs with non-quarters.

And even a few nickles/dimes here and there can add up.

I like the dimes, but nickels are a nuisance because when you're counting them quickly, they're easy to mistake for a quarter and if you're counting too many nickels as a quarter, your numbers will be off and will pay too much in commission...leading to costing you money.  I'm definitely not saying you're wrong; it's just all in perspective and depends on how careful you are when counting.  I agree that drop-thru is the way to go and without them, the jammed mechs cost you in lost sales throughout the service cycle.

Thanks for all the input. It was actually a big help. I've actually decided to go with neither oaks or beaver. Right after I started this topic I been reading more about NW 60's and decided if I jump into this business that's the machine I'll build my route with.

Archived