DOES ANYONE HAVE MACHINES IN BANKS?

dromero

I am wondering, does anyone have machines in banks???

It seems an excellent place to have them with so many people entering and paying their things. However, I havent tried to do this since I think banks have complicated security procedures and wont let anyone in unless if its a friend of the CEO.

I use to have a machine in a local bank and it did terrible. I ended up pulling it. Most banks don't let you put them in. Unless you can find a smaller branch bank but then they usually don't do well. The bank I had was a small branch but it was mostly elderly people that went there so sales were terrible. I tried all different types of candies and after about a year I pulled it and found a better spot. 

I have apprx 15 banks. Mostly in the smaller towns (under 125k) in my area that do a little more than my average so they have been a hit with me. As mentioned though, it's hard to get them in these days, Ive had mine for over 15 years.

A telemarketer got me a bank, a national chain, it does decent but not enough for me to attempt to garner more of the chain. I do however have a NW triple stand in a bank break room and it does great! Big branch of a big bank.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to have a bunch of banks, they where all slammed locations and i had them for years without a problem.. They dont do that well as  the bank gives free suckers to the kids that come in with parents or baloons or stickers etc.. so the kid doesn't beg for a quarter like he does at a grocery or restaurant so you don't get as many sales..But 10-12 a month was my average with gumballs back in the day so its a good charity stop.

Like i said "slammed" meaning there is never a decision maker to be found to either say YES or NO but just a bunch of suits that have to "Ask their boss" etc. and you don't get anywhere with conventional locating, commission doesn't work at all so charity is really only way to locate these and slamming is best method,especially if there is already a charity vendor in there.

Or you can take the "ethical" route to locating and get a YES from some nimwhit that didn't have authority to give you a YES anyway, but we have all had this discussion before..lol

ron

I used to have a bunch of banks, they where all slammed locations and i had them for years without a problem.. They dont do that well as  the bank gives free suckers to the kids that come in with parents or baloons or stickers etc.. so the kid doesn't beg for a quarter like he does at a grocery or restaurant so you don't get as many sales..But 10-12 a month was my average with gumballs back in the day so its a good charity stop.

Like i said "slammed" meaning there is never a decision maker to be found to either say YES or NO but just a bunch of suits that have to "Ask their boss" etc. and you don't get anywhere with conventional locating, commission doesn't work at all so charity is really only way to locate these and slamming is best method,especially if there is already a charity vendor in there.

Or you can take the "ethical" route to locating and get a YES from some nimwhit that didn't have authority to give you a YES anyway, but we have all had this discussion before..lol

ron

Have you ever slammed a rest stop before?

I would think that it would get stolen pretty quick in a place like that with no one to watch it..

I only ever slammed the big stops that have no decision maker in house, the corporate type with hundreds of workers that think they are the boss but when you ask a question about machine etc they always have to ask someone above them.. and you get the runaround..

Lowes by hallway by breakroom to bathroom, walmart tire centers, court houses, jail houses, large hotels, hospitals, banks etc.. are all the type, not a reststop with no body present..

wow , never thought about that! but dont know if its a good idea, the business owner can simply take it away!

I have slamed racks at independent locations. If there is another rack and some room. Walk in say I'm with the new vending and my " boss " sent me with the new machine set it down explain the commission rate and leave.

I have slamed racks at independent locations. If there is another rack and some room. Walk in say I'm with the new vending and my " boss " sent me with the new machine set it down explain the commission rate and leave.

and when the other vending guy comes and asks the other person about ur machine then you will trun out to be a liar in the face of the independent business owner or employee.

• 1 month later...

and when the other vending guy comes and asks the other person about ur machine then you will trun out to be a liar in the face of the independent business owner or employee.

How? I never said I was with the original company. I'm just the new company. I almost always have better machines usually new or near new. And better products we run stright items in racks. Most companies down here run mixes. The largest kid on the block here runs all mixes. They will do like sponge bob slap with a other cool items sign and have what looks like 90% junk. We also use live displays while others just use poorly copied displays. Our machines look great good color with chrome. Call it aggressive locating or slamming it works and we never lost a account that we did it with. In fact I did it a few weeks ago and got a call from the owner wanting a crane. And it's a very good spot. In this business you have to have a big set of well you know. And can't mind making a few waves.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 banks. 1 lobby and 3 break rooms. All are less than 15 per month. The one in the lobby has had some better months and one of the break rooms is increasing each month. The other 2 are in break rooms of small branches and I have only kept them there because it's free storage. I don't have to worry about candy going bad cause I don't keep much in them.

How? I never said I was with the original company. I'm just the new company. I almost always have better machines usually new or near new. And better products we run stright items in racks. Most companies down here run mixes. The largest kid on the block here runs all mixes. They will do like sponge bob slap with a other cool items sign and have what looks like 90% junk. We also use live displays while others just use poorly copied displays. Our machines look great good color with chrome. Call it aggressive locating or slamming it works and we never lost a account that we did it with. In fact I did it a few weeks ago and got a call from the owner wanting a crane. And it's a very good spot. In this business you have to have a big set of well you know. And can't mind making a few waves.

I like the idea HA, although most of our machines are different, (uturn style racks and machines), we always have newer looking or better equipment. That's how I get accounts at times. Same thing with product.

We just got our first oak 2" yesterday and 3 more next week. I have shops for 3. Next step is standard 6 and 8 way.

I recently got a UTurn in a Wells Fargo, haven't serviced yet, but the locator is in negotiations for 35 Wells Fargo locations...has any one dealt with them? Do they have a corporate policy?

I recently got a UTurn in a Wells Fargo, haven't serviced yet, but the locator is in negotiations for 35 Wells Fargo locations...has any one dealt with them? Do they have a corporate policy?

I think it's per branch. at least all of them that I have dealt with are.

Archived