my first location!

BlindVending

So fnally today i had 2 spare hours (work a fulltime 60-80hr fulltime job) to try to locate for myself since i have tonsss of machines just sitting without a single location. After 6 or 7 no and maybe's i got the coveted 'sure'! I showed them a page of different machines I had and he picked the worst machine in my oppion that I have. I own over 40 beavers, 10 oak doubles and 1 single uturn 8. He picked the uturn haha. To me the machine visually looks great but is a pain in the golpher to service. Oh well I'm stoked I finally broke the ice!

Its a pizza joint across from a big highschool that sells 'by the slice'

Oh and 0 commission or charity. He was just happy to have a machine lol

So fnally today i had 2 spare hours (work a fulltime 60-80hr fulltime job) to try to locate for myself since i have tonsss of machines just sitting without a single location. After 6 or 7 no and maybe's i got the coveted 'sure'! I showed them a page of different machines I had and he picked the worst machine in my oppion that I have. I own over 40 beavers, 10 oak doubles and 1 single uturn 8. He picked the uturn haha. To me the machine visually looks great but is a pain in the golpher to service. Oh well I'm stoked I finally broke the ice!

0 comission how did you achieve that?:huh:

As I was making my pitch he said he used to have a machine in his last location and said 'let me see what they look like' than he jumped in saying if I was better than his last vendor and kept it clean and product filled I can just keep the money. He said I can place a sticker machine beside it if I wish

Man, that's great! Don't forget to put in some capsules and gumballs!

Also, if you need a list of what each setting lets out on a Uturn and the suggested settings, how many vends per bag and so on, let me know. I have all that in an easy to read format.

If you can afford it, there is some on ebay for about 11 I think. Just set it up with candy for now and then buy the parts and switch out your slowest item. Over the years I've learned that GB's and sticky toys will vend twice as fast as anything else and a lower cost margin. You will pay for the parts in the first month! Just make sure that the tumbler has the 3 ribbed circle inserts with it. That's what you need for the gumballs, then you take them out for capsules.

I'm trying to work a deal for 100 tumblers right now, but it will be a couple weeks before I find out if I get them. If I do, I will post on here.

Also, Uturns are a pain, but they do have a "command presence" about them! That's how I get locations that other people have with racks. I use them as a tool. Then if need be or after I've been in for awhile, I plan on switching to racks for more visibility and less visits.

That's a real great sounding location! 

Very nice man.

I've got a pizza by the slice location that's not next to anything, and it did over $65 last month.  GL!

This actually worked out unbelievably well for you BV.  As described, this location is one of the very few which can accommodate a Terminator.  Do yourself a favor and buy 4-5 capsule wheels immediately to vend BB, GB and 1in.  Believe it or not, high school kids will crush the right mix of 1inch not to mention the regular foot traffic.  Probably a $70-$100 a month location.  GREAT start.  

The best place for an experience operator to locate in is a spot with machine there already. And at 0% commission you will make his Job easy.

The best place for an experience operator to locate in is a spot with machine there already. And at 0% commission you will make his Job easy.

So am I suppose to offer commission when he says he doesnt want any?

No you did the right thing BV.  The owner specifically said he did not want commission so long as you take care of the machine.  So do that and you're golden.  

As time goes on after a few months and you build a rapport with the owner, I'd be willing to have a conversation with him about commission, or at LEAST remind him that if another vendor ever comes knocking that you ARE willing to pay commission.  The worst is when an owner tells you they don't want commission...forget that part of your conversation and 6 months later you're booted for a commission.  

But no - this is one of those great locations where you do NOT have to pay - you've covered your bases.  

No you did the right thing BV. The owner specifically said he did not want commission so long as you take care of the machine. So do that and you're golden.

As time goes on after a few months and you build a rapport with the owner, I'd be willing to have a conversation with him about commission, or at LEAST remind him that if another vendor ever comes knocking that you ARE willing to pay commission. The worst is when an owner tells you they don't want commission...forget that part of your conversation and 6 months later you're booted for a commission.

But no - this is one of those great locations where you do NOT have to pay - you've covered your bases.

I didn't see where the owner specifically did not want a commission. He said the owner was happy to just have the machine. He may just be an easy going guy that just says yes. I would imagine a commission structure was never talked about. Because if it was and turned down by the owner I'm sure the poster would have mentioned that. All we can do is read what's posted because none of us know enough about the location not even the poster. For all we know he has had machines and the location was a dud. Or never had any and it's a home run. I agree build a relationship with the owner and roll with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went today (2 weeks 1 day after dropping machine) because I wanted to add 4 gumball capsule wheels up top. Added gumballs, bouncy balls moustache caps and soda eraser caps from tnt.

Anyway more EXCITING than that was finding $68.25 in the machine in just 2 weeks! :)

So am I suppose to offer commission when he says he doesnt want any?

no dont offer a commission, do a good job and build a relationship. Alot of vendors dont seem to understand that the $10, $25, $50, $100 etc is really not that much money to many of business owners. 

Just went today (2 weeks 1 day after dropping machine) because I wanted to add 4 gumball capsule wheels up top. Added gumballs, bouncy balls moustache caps and soda eraser caps from tnt.

Anyway more EXCITING than that was finding $68.25 in the machine in just 2 weeks! :)

wow man, you arent blind vending anymore lol. Congratulations. Actually nothing more exciting htan that can happen in this business!

So I have a week holidays and today was day 1. My wife and I are tired of looking ay brand new shiny beaver machines out 2 year old son keeps bugging for candy from. We loaded up our Suv with 5 doubles and 2 4 ways. I just got out of stop number 2 and we are 2 for 2. 1 is a pizza sub place we put a double. The other is a ice cream/ restaurant/ puvblic washroom that is veryyyy busy for foot traffic that we put BOTH 4 ways in. Candy in 1 gumballs in 1 and 2 1 inch toys on top. One machine at entrance side and 1 at exit. Its a big busy spot with 20 min wait lines for washroom and ice cream. Ok off to next stop!! Damn what a rush

I guess I'll use this as "my ongoing vending" thread. I am always browsing for deals even though we have a huge inventory of machines that need placement. Anyhow last week I came across an ad with 8 uturns for sale, 4 terminators 4 regular. Again not my favorite machines. He wanted $200 for all 8 (good to great condtion). Which I think is a steal. However after lowballing like crazy, I am leaving in an hour to pick up all 8 for $80! Haha.

Archived