new route problems

jerrybrooksvendall

Hi, I need some advice on something please..I recently purchased a bulk route 79 miles from my home..I did"nt know this until after I handed the buyer my 1000 dollar deposit.That a few of her customers is family members. I actually only had a chance to do half of the route..now one of the accounts wants me to come get my machine...pronto!! to make a long story short..before I have had a chance to change product..(the entire route has triple vendstars 3000s)she has chocolate covered raisins hatching out bugs..i told the shop owner that I would gladly take the machine out..but could he keep it in the garage part where they work on the vehicles..he said no its outside..so Im looking at will the machine still be there when I go pick it up?or should I say let it go...(I am looking at 79 miles ...)thanks jerry

Sounds like you should take a day to go run the route.  Introduce yourself to the clients as the new operator and if the machines are nasty, swap them out with a refurbished machine.  Take extra machines and parts with you and fully service each stop.  Her old problems are now your problems, so do your best to sort them out before everything gets worse.

It's one of those things...is the machine and possible quarters inside worth the gas money driving over there? I guess that's the question.  I would bring new machines with me to locate in order to make the trip worthwhile.  Even if you only placed two machines, then I would say it was worth it!

Thanks gage for responding...I was introduced..you are right..just wondering if I should go get the machine since the customer is being unruly by keeping outside to get stolen?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

well i wouldnt keep a buggy machine inside either, personally

I would be grossed out too..and I have no problem taking the machine from the location..but they can place it by the door in the garage where they work on cars,where the bay door is open all day where other bugs come into the shop anyways..just would like it inside of the garage part where noone can steal it,but the shop owner wants it out in front where someone can steal it...

That's what I'm thinking. The owner is being absolutely unreasonable with me.I completely understand if he wants rid of it,doesnt. Want it in his office,but somewhere that's inside the building where if the bay door is open long enough they might even get lost outside somewhere...I don't see why that would hurt for a day or two till I pick it up,but the owner said no it stays outside...tough luck!!!

I would be grossed out too..and I have no problem taking the machine from the location..but they can place it by the door in the garage where they work on cars,where the bay door is open all day where other bugs come into the shop anyways..just would like it inside of the garage part where noone can steal it,but the shop owner wants it out in front where someone can steal it...

Welcome to bulk

Lol thanks...I need more toy accounts out there..no bugs in those machines!!

That's what I'm in the process of. Cutting down 8's to 4's and only using 8's in high end places with toys and gum on top and candy on the bottom. I will locate as many as I can and then move even more into racks. By the time you sterilize the machine and strip every part out to make sure there are no bugs, you could have bought another machine. I'm not one to leave machines, but when bugs come in to play, it's a different story. Add in the 158 mile drive on top, it's gone! 

Before you gave the owner a  $1,000.00 deposit you should of found out what you were buying.   I like to know how long the product has been in all of the rest of the 

machines. Get your deposit back, the person that sold you this route should have disclosed everything about it.

You've lost the location already, so now all you're wondering is a $20 machine worth a 150 mile....not in my book.

But I would "full service stop" all machines RIGHT AWAY when buying a route.  Like within 3 days.  So just pick it up (if it's still there) in the next day or two when you do your first full service route.  You're basically free rolling the chance that it's still there if you do it that way.

You've lost the location already, so now all you're wondering is a $20 machine worth a 150 mile....not in my book.

But I would "full service stop" all machines RIGHT AWAY when buying a route.  Like within 3 days.  So just pick it up (if it's still there) in the next day or two when you do your first full service route.  You're basically free rolling the chance that it's still there if you do it that way.

+1 was gonna say exactlt this.

I would be full servicing all stops on this route immediately if nothing more than cleaning/ making yourself visible to the locations as a much better more reliable vendor than the previous route owner

Just so you know, I and another vendstar operator have been having issues with runts in vendstars (specifically the bananas jam up the wheel and makes it unable to rotate unless you twist really hard and snap the banana in two).

Just random food for thought...I'm slowly replacing all my runts in vendstars with other candy.

Update! I replaced my other 5 customers with banana runts(these are smaller..and no problen with getting stuck) the chocolate raisins from the other customers were absolutely fine!) The customer that I'm losing with the bugs has his shop next to the river which explains the bugs..it also made the. Raisins a weird white color..all is well again though...

You will want to run this route and MEET the owners and quickly explain that you are now managing (never go in strutting around and proclaiming new ownership status)  and will be giving great service and fresh products.

Archived