better to start with candy or stickers/toys?

LooseChange

trying to get all my ducks in a row, and need to know pros/cons of starting out with candy vs. toys, stickers, or tattoos.  I am leaning towards toys, mainly because they don't expire, and maybe a higher profit margin with fewer locations?  Thanx for any input, cause I am truly "fresh meat." lol

You said it yourself, no expiry date and higher profit margin. On the flip side, some locations you will be missing out on if you are strictly toys/flat. Adult breakrooms in warehouses etc.

Welcome!

Start with candy. If you do not have at least 30 toy/sticker locations...toys aren't even worth it. You will need to pay for shipping/rotate product. Candy you can buy locally and just get your feet wet to see if you even enjoy it...My 25 cents anyway

I agree with bulkjake. You could start with 5-10 rack locations and grow from there. I have 10 toy locations (4-9 machines at each location) and manage ok with rotating. I try to minimize shipping costs by ordering enough for 4-5 months at a time. A little more money upfront but allows me to take advantage of some qty discounts. With candy I just hit Sams before I run my route, so I have almost no candy inventory just sitting at the house.

If your just starting and buying new or can find used. I would do what SeaTurtle suggests. Doubles with toys/gum

This time around I bought existing routes and a bunch of unplaced 1800 / Routemaster triples pretty cheap ( less than $30 each). I have purchased some new stuff but it has been a couple racks to expand on some bigger locations

On my triples, I always start with Peanut M&M, GB and Skittles. Then deviate from that based on location and requests.

Archived