My Resignation as Moderator

Hey guys,

I am posting this to let you know that effective immediately I have resigned as moderator. As most of you know I sold my business to a friendly competitor, people I have known for over a decade in this business, a while back and stayed on to manage the combined operation. SInce the buyout there have been several other acquistions leading to a business approaching 2M in revenue.

It was a great experience for me and I learned a lot about running a multiple route operation. I also learned that the people I sold out to were not the people that I thought they were and struggled for several months to be able to accept the fact. I was unable to do so and so I quit.

I have taken a new position as a manager in another industry, one that so far has been a wonderful experience for me but is not the same as vending which I hope to return to as soon as the time on my noncompete agreement comes to a end.

So with my focus and energies on a new career I felt that it was appropriate for me to step down and back a bit from TVF. At times my efforts here have been both very rewarding and, yes, at times, very frustrating, but I wouldn't change any  part of it and I am so thankful that Steve decided to let me help out around here for a while.

In closing, this little community that we have built here means a lot to me and I want to reiterate how much I have appreciated the opportunity to be a part of and serve here and even though I am no longer a moderator I will still be around and participating.

Thank you Steve and everyone at TVF!!

Mike

Whew - I'm very glad to hear you're still sticking around as a contributor Mike!  You'll be missed as a mod for sure and I wish you all the best in the future.  

Thank you for all that you have done here for Steve and the rest of the forum members.  I have appreciated your ability to calmly moderate the forum and be friends with everyone here, regardless of the business they're in or of the opinion they hold.  Your experience in vending has been most notable and I wish you luck in your new position and in any new venture you participate in.

Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Randy

Hey guys,

I am posting this to let you know that effective immediately I have resigned as moderator. As most of you know I sold my business to a friendly competitor, people I have known for over a decade in this business, a while back and stayed on to manage the combined operation. SInce the buyout there have been several other acquistions leading to a business approaching 2M in revenue.

It was a great experience for me and I learned a lot about running a multiple route operation. I also learned that the people I sold out to were not the people that I thought they were and struggled for several months to be able to accept the fact. I was unable to do so and so I quit.

I have taken a new position as a manager in another industry, one that so far has been a wonderful experience for me but is not the same as vending which I hope to return to as soon as the time on my noncompete agreement comes to a end.

So with my focus and energies on a new career I felt that it was appropriate for me to step down and back a bit from TVF. At times my efforts here have been both very rewarding and, yes, at times, very frustrating, but I wouldn't change any  part of it and I am so thankful that Steve decided to let me help out around here for a while.

In closing, this little community that we have built here means a lot to me and I want to reiterate how much I have appreciated the opportunity to be a part of and serve here and even though I am no longer a moderator I will still be around and participating.

Thank you Steve and everyone at TVF!!

Mike

What? No more Moonbeams?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Still gonna have the occasional moonbeam, I just gotta be careful throwing it around cause now I can get in trouble for it.  ;D

It'd be a long hard fall from moderator to getting banned ;D

I am posting this to let you know that effective immediately I have resigned as moderator. 

Mate... I beg you to reconsider.... I was only joking when I made this comment....

moondog, on 25 Jun 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:snapback.png

I doubt we're done yet - when Reel wakes up there's sure to be some more sparks  ;D

The day I login & see moderator underneath your username..... is the day when...... ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!   ;D   ;D   ;D

MIke thanks for all the time you put in moderating. It is a big job and there is not enough thanks and recognition of the efforts of you and all the mods. It is due to your collective efforts that this remains a helpful, civil place to visit.

Thank you again, 

Ted

A bittersweet day indeed.

Even though Mike will remain as an active member, our little community has lost a little of its luster today.

Mike volunteered to help out around here in February 2012. Since then, he has played a major role in shaping the community that you see today. We all see the public side of moderators each day we log on. What most members don't get to see is the countless hours spent working on initiatives to better the community.

Since Mike came on, he has been very busy helping with all aspects of running this forum, like revamping our warning system to developing measures to automatically combat spam.

Mike has also been extremely helpful in providing input when TVF was threatened with legal action numerous times. He has also been there to provide me level headed advice when I was self destructing. For all these things, I am truly thankful.

Thank you Mike for volunteering your time to help this forum. Thank you for caring about its longevity as much as I do. Thank you for providing counsel in both good times and bad. If you would ever like to resume your role, please let me know.

Wow, thank you all for the kind words.... really surprised that there has not been even one good riddance :) was expecting that from moonbeam. LOL

Just tell everyone that you originally come from NZ... that will bring a few insults out!

Moonbeam has been behaving himself.... I think he is trying to impress Steve as he is wanting your old moderator job!

Just tell everyone that you originally come from NZ... that will bring a few insults out!

Moonbeam has been behaving himself.... I think he is trying to impress Steve as he is wanting your old moderator job!

Naw, I'd say just give the mod job to Cajun if he weren't already so busy running the Golpher Hole ;D

Archived