rusted parts in candy wheel?

hulksmashu00

so im taking apart one of my 1800 tripple machines and all of the metal parts in the candy wheel are rusted right out. the screws, springs any metal is rusted pretty bad... so my question is is there a way to save it or do i have to replace the candy wheel?

also if it is rusted does that mean i shouldnt wash the candy wheels that are not rusty in the dish washer? will running them cause them to rust? 

salted peanuts will make the wheels metal parts rust.  You could try to wire brush them clean if not too bad.  Not sure if you would want to paint them.  Otherwise, you'll need to replace them.  I'd find plastic parts.  Luckily the parts are the same as many machines out there (like LYPC)

Bart

I would replace them

I have them bagged up gonna save um for parts incase I need something from them that isnt all rusted. Other then that machines wheels these things are perfect.

Anything rusted I toss. You can get screws/bolts/nuts etc from lowes or Home Depot. I have seen springs and the metal divider on candy wheels on eBay from time to time but typically not worth paying for. At the end if the day I toss what is bad and rebuild using good parts and typically know that I will need to sacrifice a couple machines. The price you pay buying used.

Archived