Help! First day of locating notes and where to buy candy?

aliensxist

So I went out and knocked down some doors locating yesterday, for my first time. Only did about 10-15 businesses to get my feet wet, and I'd like to discuss some of the things I saw doing that yesterday.

To my suprise, the first place I visited (a sub shop) gave me the thumbs up to locate one. In general after that we got a lot of "manager isn't here" maybes as well as a promising maybe. We gave flyers out with contact information on them. I was detered by a few "no soliciting" signs. What do you guys think about those?

Aldo, the vendesign machines we filled up for the one sub shop business were filled up about 3/4 way full with peanut m&ms (bought at Costco 56oz bag $7.99) trail mix which was a 4 pound bag just for $12 at Costco, skittles 82 ounces for $10 bought at walmart, and 72 ounces of my mike & ikes for $16 at albertsons. So the whole thing was filled up for about $46. To me that seems really high, where do you guys buy candy? Costco doesn't have quite the selection I was hoping for...

I put in 1 bag of candy per head when I first drop off a machine, and service it for the first time 30 days later.

Usually PMMs at costco for $8.99 or $9.99  Skittles (56 ounce bag) at walmart for can't remember...but like $6 or $8 or something like that.  And MI from costco for $6.99.

I don't bother places with no soliciting signs.

I have placed a lot of machines in locations with no soliciting signs on the door. If any one says anything I go, oh no I'm not selling anything I just wondered if you could help the little innocent one legged baby's etc etc.

No soliciting signs never stop me. I only fill about 1/2 way and check in 2-4 weeks. 

If the manager isn't in, ask when the best time is to catch them, and then follow up at that time. If your going to restaurants, don't go between meal hours, about an hour either way. Like here I go between 1:30-3:00 or 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Then the manager isn't swamped with trying to get meals or cleanup done. If you go during the busy time they will think your inconsiderate.

Bars is best around 10 am due to the manager being there for book work.

I didn't see gumballs on there. You can get the canister for that on ebay. There is a company I think called rpmvending or something on there that sells them. Gumballs are only about 12% product cost and they are a hit at food places for me. 

for future reference, find the best price before you go to locate! LOL

Ok, one way is to look on vistar.com and see if there is one close to you. Also, depending on where your at you can have it shipped from aaglobalind.com for a bug selection and toys.

Our ford like I mentioned earlier. Sam's, Costco.

It really depends on exactly what you need.

Aa is cheaper than gumball.com

Has anyone had a good experience buying online? Such as a website like Gumball.com?

What exactly are you looking for? That determines where the best place is to get them. Local is best! I buy gumballs when I need only a few cases at Mega foods/ food 4 less. It has a bulk food section and even though my cost is 26 something for a standard mix gumball (ford), it's cheaper than ordering 10 cases online.

Until I can save up enough to buy at least 500lbs (free shipping from Oak Leaf/ Sweetworks), then it's better to go that route or the Vistar that is about 90mi's north of me. They ship it for dirt cheap or anything over 500 they deliver for 50.00.

Vistar is currently all over the US and is pretty good. They are just short on what they stock.

If your more specific, it will help us help you.

Locating is tough, especially if you're a crappy salesman like I am. That's why I usually pay a locator for small machines. I don't know of any locators that do racks, but I've had good results using locator services for singles, doubles, and triples.

So I went out and knocked down some doors locating yesterday, for my first time. Only did about 10-15 businesses to get my feet wet, and I'd like to discuss some of the things I saw doing that yesterday.

To my suprise, the first place I visited (a sub shop) gave me the thumbs up to locate one. In general after that we got a lot of "manager isn't here" maybes as well as a promising maybe. We gave flyers out with contact information on them. I was detered by a few "no soliciting" signs. What do you guys think about those?

Aldo, the vendesign machines we filled up for the one sub shop business were filled up about 3/4 way full with peanut m&ms (bought at Costco 56oz bag $7.99) trail mix which was a 4 pound bag just for $12 at Costco, skittles 82 ounces for $10 bought at walmart, and 72 ounces of my mike & ikes for $16 at albertsons. So the whole thing was filled up for about $46. To me that seems really high, where do you guys buy candy? Costco doesn't have quite the selection I was hoping for...

nice. wait until the ants smell that.

Ok, one way is to look on vistar.com and see if there is one close to you. Also, depending on where your at you can have it shipped from aaglobalind.com for a bug selection and toys.

wow, a good bug selection? ant I funny? lol

yeah, I do like the A&A selection, good prices  too.

Actually I tried to buy bulk from vistar...mine said i was better off at costco or sams...maybe his is different..

Yes, for somethings. That's why I said earlier that it depends on what you need. I buy what I can at Costco, then get other stuff at vistar. I buy different cymbals from 2 places depending on the circumstances.

Archived