Opinions on this route for sale

A smige high but very close to value.  I'd estimate $11k-12k is the true value but if he absolutely won't budge I can't say that 14k is out of line, especially with quality equipment.

150 miles is a lot of driving for that money. I would want to see it closer to $2000 per month if I had to do that much driving. Take the value of your time into consideration when determing whether to purchase this route. I'm not saying it's a bad route, but figure out what the time spent driving is worth to you and then determine if you're willing to pay what he's asking. If not, try to negotiate.

150 miles is a lot of driving for that money. I would want to see it closer to $2000 per month if I had to do that much driving. Take the value of your time into consideration when determing whether to purchase this route. I'm not saying it's a bad route, but figure out what the time spent driving is worth to you and then determine if you're willing to pay what he's asking. If not, try to negotiate.

To be fair, we can assume he's not doing that driving for JUST the stops in this route.  Obviously if the plan is to continue growing you'd want to fill in the gaps with more locations.  

and if you truck died or you get robbed there goes the profits.

so, do you feel lucky?

Curious post.  Couldn't you be robbed or break down anywhere on a vending route?

Curious post.  Couldn't you be robbed or break down anywhere on a vending route?

I mean on a route that covers like 300 miles.

just think of the service calls, can you say you would be right out on a complaint?

When building a route I think of the business sort of the way a mall does. First you need some anchors, the big hitters that will carry your expenses until you can fill in. Then as you run the route you fill in with what is available. Maybe this route has some anchors maybe not , from the look of the numbers and the miles involved there are either no anchors just mediocre to poor stops or there are a couple of anchors and absolute junk stops. If you had an existing route this could be absorbed into with out additional travel costs it might work. But the key words are 150 mile radius and that is a lot of miles

I mean on a route that covers like 300 miles.

just think of the service calls, can you say you would be right out on a complaint?

Yes.  Although I'm not a great person to ask because I commute 150 miles for work every day.  I'm no stranger to travel time.  

Wow I never realized how far you guys drive.  Are you in small un populated areas? (no hate, I'm originally from a town of 80...not 80K, just 80, lol)

My farthest points are less then 40 miles apart and there's a 70 mph freeway inbetween (which still goes 70+ mph even during rush hour) so it's not too bad.

Also I'm way tinier so that might play into it, just surprised by how spread out everyone is.

Just to put it into perspective, my route averages right around $1000/month give or take a couple of hundred depending on market and weather conditions and time of year. I have about 40 locations and the furthest is 35 miles away from my front door. Going from place to place I can cover my whole route in about 80 miles of total driving.

For 300 or more total miles of driving, I would expect quite a bit more than $1400/month. If we assume that he's asking the usual 12 months' gross for his route, that means that each location is only averaging $32.40 per month. 15 racks by themselves should be making at least $900 per month if we're talking about 4 way racks, a lot more if they are larger. I would expect about another $350/month from the 21 doubles. My spiral gumballs do about $25/month, so let's say there's another $150/month. Not sure what Chicken Machines make, but at their cost, I would want at least $125/month. So I would expect another $250/month. Flat items can be unpredictable, so estimating sales on sticker machines can be tricky, but a 3 column and a 4 column shouldn't have any problem making $25/month each, so another $50/month. So, adding that all up, I would expect a route with this equipment to gross about $1700 per month. If he's basing his price on 1 year's gross, then that means his route is averaging $1167 per month.

I don't want to scare you away from it, it could be a diamond in the rough. My route was. I increased my monthly gross by about 40% over the last year by eliminating poor selling products, changing pricing, and introducing new equipment and more premium level products. Maybe you could get this route from $1100/month up to $1700 or more per month, but you had better be sure of it before you hand over your money.

shepherdsflock, Fast Track already shared the route is grossing $1,400/month so he's asking 10 months gross.  I'd bet he's willing to accept $11,000 (8months gross) and this route is worth that to me.  ESPECIALLY if this route encompasses his home turf.  What I'm curious about is, more than the 150 mile radius, where is Fast Track's home in relation to the route?  If the closest stop is 50 miles from his front door, that's much different than living smack dab in the middle of the route.

150 mile radius means the farthest stops are 300 miles apart. Can he prove his numbers? 36 stops, 15 racks, the numbers are bad.

So under those terms, the racks maybe doing 50-75? What is average for a rack? 

So under those terms, the racks maybe doing 50-75? What is average for a rack? 

Hard to say, since we don't know the rack configurations. If they're 4 way racks, I would be okay with $75/month. If they're 8 way or larger, I would be disappointed with $75/month.

Archived