Crane security(toy soldiers, Hot Stuff)?

brmorr

Ok, got my first break ins on my machines. They broke into my Giant Stacker, Toy Soldier Crane, and Hot Stuff crane. What they did on both cranes was they used some sort of vise grips on the padlockhasp(one that comes with the machine) and worked it back and forth until it broke. Then they took a screwdriver and pryed the doors open. On my Giant stacker they used a big screw drive bending the crap out of the door until they got a hold of the cam that holds the T handle lock and they broke that off.

Considering the location(movie theatre, games in view of snack shop), I think it might be a inside job of someone who works there. Plus it took quite some time to get those hasps on the cranes to break.

Anyways, what is everyone using for security on the cranes? I picked up some masterlock hasps that will bend around the corner of the coin door area and was going to put 2 each on the cranes and possibly use these on the Stacker as well. These hasps I picked up are those Alloys ones that a lot of locks are made of that resist cutting, etc....

Let me know!!!

Brian

You are probably right on it being an inside job. For tough locations I have two approaches. First one is I use "uninstrut" fittings to make heavy duty hasps ( get them in the electrical section of a store like lowes, Home Depot , Menards, etc) and a large padlock with a half inch shank. The other approach is I use a puck lock and accompanying hardware also from a big box home store . You are probably looking at $30 to $50 each machine to do it right . I have had locations that just used a sledge hammer to knock the control box completely off the machine after I toughened it up though

I have had a rash of thefts lately.  They would cut the pad lock and just punch the cam in.  I responded by dropping a ton of cash on the heavy duty boron uncuttable bad mamma jamma locks and now they cut the hasp ring and use my bad mamma jamma locks to pry the hasp open.

They only hit my Smart cranes that are prone to this kind of attach.  They won't touch any thing that has a t-handle on it.

Just did the same thing, picked up some borom uncuttable hasps.. Put two each on both of the cranes they broke into. They also broke into my Giant Stacker which had a T-Handle on it.. Now it will get a new T Handle, and a puck lock and hasp on the door.

If they break into this stuff, they are going to be messing up my games big time. They only used vice grips and a screwdriver and both of those won't dent this golpher.....

There have been a gang of thieves breaking in everyone's machines around here for 2 yrs. now. We have them on film and know where they live in NY. They have slowed down and moved on to different areas , heard they were as far as Michigan. They used to break in the same locations every  2 weeks. They don't get that much these days around here because of everyone emptying money more often and better security so it's not worth it.

I use born steel padlocks with padlock covers. Sometimes the padlock shackle won't reach the hole of the hasp with the cover on.

Also get door hinges and drill a hole in them so a boron steel eye bolt can go thru then put on a hockey puck lock, they have never broke into that set up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-of-Indoor-Dummy-Fake-Dome-Security-Camera-with-Flashing-LIGHT-white-/161379266936?pt=US_Dummy_Cameras&hash=item2592f43178

these will make them think twice 

Thieves are dumb  and most wont do it with a camera at them

Get the following parts

cheaper than the MEGA locks and can be mounted in the back out of their reach with battery backup

can be rigged to a electronic key switch  mounted on the back out of view or not where they can see it 

for ON/OFF

http://na.suzohapp.com/all_catalogs/security/27-1064-00

i would set the Motion sensor to very hard impact

bill

I use a zmodo camera system on my machines. I've got 2 cams on each machine looking at different angles. They record to a hard drive so I can look back if anything ever happens. I also use this footage to verify my high value winners. I picked up the camera system for 99 bucks and it gets the job done well.

I use a zmodo camera system on my machines. I've got 2 cams on each machine looking at different angles. They record to a hard drive so I can look back if anything ever happens. I also use this footage to verify my high value winners. I picked up the camera system for 99 bucks and it gets the job done well.

Which zmodo camera system do you use?? Didn't see any for $99....

Which zmodo camera system do you use?? Didn't see any for $99....

I originally picked mine up on woot.com so I got a bit of a discount on it. Please note I bought one without a hard drive because I had an extra one. You can find cheap hard drives on ebay or something similiar. This is the closest I could find to the cameras I have: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1268900&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp862927&gclid=CIuFivy__L8CFaTm7Aod-UYA8A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Archived