figuring price point on 2"

rodney69

Ok, so I'm setting up my first oak rack, and 2" capsule machine. I have 4 accounts that are being upgraded to include 2" and I'm trying to figure out how much to charge.

Is there percentage that people try to stay close too?

like cog at 20%? Or what?

Just trying to devise on .75 or 1.00 mech's.

For instance... Tnt's mini flashlight's

If I charge .75 it's 18% cog (not including shipping)

I stay under 20%. Once you get to 30% on up profitability starts going away. We do. .75 and 1.00.

So what do you sell at.75? I appreciate all the wisdom on this.

I am at $1 for all of my 2" and I am at $.50 cents for all 1". Also, about half the locations where I have bouncy balls, I am at $.50 cents.

I figured it this way...If I sell half the number of units at 50 cents vs. 25 cents then it is less work for me and I make the same money. I havent had any issues moving 1" at 50 cents. I do try and buy the "better" 1" toys to sell at 50 cents. Selling 1" sticky for 50 cents is a bit outrageous but I am moving them ok at 50 cents. I believe they cost me like 3 cents per unit (or maybe 4 cents?).

Now for 2"....I decided to go $1 on everything because I thought it would be less hassle than dealing with 2 price points for 2" toys. I dont have much competition here so this has worked "so so" for me. I really think some 2" items MUST be sold for 75 cents. I am in the midst of deciding what machines I will be switching to 75 cents from $1. Some of my sales have been a tad slow at $1.

I'm already at .50 on all 1", just the other day on sticky, but I get TNT sticky which fills the caps. Just getting my 2", so trying to figure it out. This is what I'm getting:

mini flashlights

$1 on 2" can be hit or miss. I have three locations where I sell 2" stuff. One location is $1 and it sells pretty slowly, one location sells at $1 with pretty good sales, and another location is at 75 cents and does awesome.

Just checked 2 racks, one is all .50 for 2" and the other is 2 @ .75 and 1 @ 1.00...Bok Choy and Sticky YoYo sold very well at .75, finger lights was adequate at 1.00. YoYo & finger lights both sold great at .50. I am trying to get most of my 2" at .75 or more but that will mainly be for racks I am building no changes to existing.

Just checked 2 racks, one is all .50 for 2" and the other is 2 @ .75 and 1 @ 1.00...Bok Choy and Sticky YoYo sold very well at .75, finger lights was adequate at 1.00. YoYo & finger lights both sold great at .50. I am trying to get most of my 2" at .75 or more but that will mainly be for racks I am building no changes to existing.

How do you make money on the .50?

The finger lights I bought are the discontinued ones from AA that I got from someone up here for nothing and the YoYo's are good enough margins...also lower than average commissions.

That makes more sense. I'm paying 30+% at my locations. I couldn't sell that low. .75 maybe, but I'd rather stay high, then if our doesn't work, go lower.

It's also a pretty good mix I think.

It's good to get so many opinions though.

That's great advice! I just wish Chris was my sales person! I have Jason and he doesn't respond like I feel a salesman should.

That's why I haven't bought from them. Chris is on it.

I'll try that though. I'm wanting to do a double 2" with a flat and 1" soon

Archived