Ordering from northwestern

sweetstop

Northwestern is a very small company. Maybe big in bulk vending but the bulk vending industry is a grain of sand in the Sahara desert of industry.

Worse yet thanks to the disloyalty of the American people to each other northwestern has been hit hard by Chinese knock offs ( not the least if which is a&a)

We are at a sad place guys. I understand the frustration too. But in the end as our manufactures slide away no amount of finger pointing will fix anything.

Look in the mirror for the culprits and then stop whining.

Govt regulations and unions that have killed American manufacturers by preventing them from being competitive. The American manufacturers that are left arnt even manufacturers so much as they are brands, oustsourcing everything to the point of obscurity where they dont even retain the thing they had going for them, quality and control.

BTW those outsource companies being used are importing steel from China and most likley using illegal alliens for their workforce so are you really supporting American manufacturing?

As a business owner and consumer you have to do whats best for you and yours, that comes first. Whats is best for your bulk vending business, buying a quality import from a company thet gets it to you in a timly manner so you can put it on route, or paying twice as much to a company that has no clue when you will get it.

Its not disloyalty, its survival.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we are off the thread here but just an observation: back when there were no unions or regulations, when workers were lucky to make 50 cents a day, when industry dumped any any every chemical, compound, and trash into the nearest water way, unemployment was typically 30% or more, poverty and ignorance were crushing, sickness and disease were rampant. The biggest problem today is we have way to many people believing in a history that never existed.

The biggest problem today is we have way to many people believing in a history that never existed.

Heres a history that exists,

The unions and govt regulations that curbed abuses and served a purpose initially went way off course. The unions and excessive govt. regulations eventually drove up the costs to the point that American manufacturers could no longer compete with imports that did not have those cost constraints and were competitive price wise. The free market took care of the rest.

Regulation is good but not to the point it exterminates the businesses it regulates. Thats like a doctor treating a cancer patient by giving them a lethal dose of chemotherapy.

Back to the thread, if Northwestern machines cost twice as much and takes much longer to get that means, at best, I can grow my business half as fast, probably less. Not worth it to me.

Excessive govt regulations and unions are the problem, not disloyal Americans, just my opinion.

Heres a history that exists,

The unions and govt regulations that curbed abuses and served a purpose initially went way off course. The unions and excessive govt. regulations eventually drove up the costs to the point that American manufacturers could no longer compete with imports that did not have those cost constraints and were competitive price wise. The free market took care of the rest.

Regulation is good but not to the point it exterminates the businesses it regulates. Thats like a doctor treating a cancer patient by giving them a lethal dose of chemotherapy.

Back to the thread, if Northwestern machines cost twice as much and takes much longer to get that means, at best, I can grow my business half as fast, probably less. Not worth it to me.

Excessive govt regulations and unions are the problem, not disloyal Americans, just my opinion.

I agree 100%. There has been a pattern of bad choices by D and R that increases the cost on the shelf. There is WAY too much government control. Heck I had and extra 12 grand out of pocket health care cost last year. Because my plan was not among the ones approved. The government felt is was unfair for hard working Americans that were paying for great health care to have better health care insurance than others. They also wanted to spread the health care cost out by expanding Medicade. There are still millions of Americans on total free health care. They have no job and don't want one because they get their rent paid, lights paid, food stamps and a free smart phone.

Back to topic

Ever heard the saying for a family owned company. First gen created it second gen builds and third ruins it. They are sitting on several million dollars if the company fails or not. I agree that NW makes great stuff but for me to get machines from them with my color and side by side mech it would cost me 30 to 40 more per head. Add in the extra freight by not shipping with product and it's even more. AA machines will far out last me so why spend close to double. In all my years I only had an issue with two mechs from AA and they were both replaced no questions asked. And AA is open on Friday. My question is if NW is so far behind why are they only open 4 days a week?

I agree 100%. There has been a pattern of bad choices by D and R that increases the cost on the shelf. There is WAY too much government control. Heck I had and extra 12 grand out of pocket health care cost last year. Because my plan was not among the ones approved. The government felt is was unfair for hard working Americans that were paying for great health care to have better health care insurance than others. They also wanted to spread the health care cost out by expanding Medicade. There are still millions of Americans on total free health care. They have no job and don't want one because they get their rent paid, lights paid, food stamps and a free smart phone.

Back to topic

Ever heard the saying for a family owned company. First gen created it second gen builds and third ruins it. They are sitting on several million dollars if the company fails or not. I agree that NW makes great stuff but for me to get machines from them with my color and side by side mech it would cost me 30 to 40 more per head. Add in the extra freight by not shipping with product and it's even more. AA machines will far out last me so why spend close to double. In all my years I only had an issue with two mechs from AA and they were both replaced no questions asked. And AA is open on Friday. My question is if NW is so far behind why are they only open 4 days a week?

Don't even get me started on the first part! LOL! 

But I think from what I'm gathering happened, that they were waiting for the chrome guy means that they have out of house take care of that and don't have a back up plan when that one fails. 

If they are running a "lean" type manufacturing process, it stops until the link is fixed. 

Personally, this is a great reason for me to never try their product. I'm small, but I get treated great where I get mine and it's to my door with in a week. Yes, small orders, but still. 

After Oak doesn't have the marked down equipment, I will be buying AA's. Like HA said earlier, they are always there and always ship it right out.

Thats the same reason we use the small panel heads. This is our standard set up for racks using AA machines.

It's that an 8 way rack that you fit 5 singles in the bottom? Will 4 panel heads for on a six way rack?

That's for the one with sides, right? I don't have that one. I have sideless. I guess maybe I'll order one with sides next! Do the racks usually come with brackets?

With sides is a step stand that all we really use

Yes they are packed inside

With sides is a step stand that all we really use

Yes they are packed inside

Thank you for all your help! This has been a real humbling experience going to this style racks! Just goes to show that there is always something to learn!

Back off topic, nobody mentioned CEO greed it's all blamed on the lowly worker trying to make a living. As unions decline so does middle . Only about 10% of work force is union, and I doubt NW was ever union so how could you blame unions??? Keep America strong buy made in USA products!!!

CEO greed does play a part, your right. The reason why its 10% union membership now is because its killed US manufacturing, however, in govt its much higher, 35%.

NW may not be union but they have to buy raw materials, steel, mechanical parts etc. to have their machines made. Those materials are more expensive in the USA as is labor costs.

In addition, NW or their outsourced manufacturer has to deal with the costs of high taxes and regulation costs associated with manufacturing in USA.  Its unbelievable what gets added in addition to straight tax. Licensing fees, permit fees, Inspection fees, Fire department fees,  regulatory fees, city, county, state, federal, everybody has their hand out.

Why do you think  American manufacturers including  GM, Ford, Mattel make  products in Mexico or elseware- Its cheaper.

Many times its cheaper for a US retailer to import an American product that was manufactured in a foreign country than  it is to buy that same brand product that was made here.  Go to a c-store and buy a name brand  AA battery 4 pack and see where its made.  They make that same name brand battery here but if that c-store owner carried the USA one he would have to charge you $10 instead of $5. Go to a supermarket that is union and do a price check, then go to a supermarket that is not union. You will see that the products are almost twice as much in the union store.

Free market drives our economy, lower costs for a comperable item is a big part of that. Im not saying its right, im just saying it is.

And Musser, Im not drinking the kool aid, im drinking a big cup of reality. You may want to look at American manufacturing and unions past the 1960's and have yourself a cup too.

CEO greed does play a part, your right. The reason why its 10% union membership now is because its killed US manufacturing, however, in govt its much higher, 35%.

NW may not be union but they have to buy raw materials, steel, mechanical parts etc. to have their machines made. Those materials are more expensive in the USA as is labor costs.

In addition, NW or their outsourced manufacturer has to deal with the costs of high taxes and regulation costs associated with manufacturing in USA. Its unbelievable what gets added in addition to straight tax. Licensing fees, permit fees, Inspection fees, Fire department fees, regulatory fees, city, county, state, federal, everybody has their hand out.

Why do you think American manufacturers including GM, Ford, Mattel make products in Mexico or elseware- Its cheaper.

Many times its cheaper for a US retailer to import an American product that was manufactured in a foreign country than it is to buy that same brand product that was made here. Go to a c-store and buy a name brand AA battery 4 pack and see where its made. They make that same name brand battery here but if that c-store owner carried the USA one he would have to charge you $10 instead of $5. Go to a supermarket that is union and do a price check, then go to a supermarket that is not union. You will see that the products are almost twice as much in the union store.

Free market drives our economy, lower costs for a comperable item is a big part of that. Im not saying its right, im just saying it is.

And Musser, Im not drinking the kool aid, im drinking a big cup of reality. You may want to look at American manufacturing and unions past the 1960's and have yourself a cup too.

Off topic but I agree. Unions had their place at one time with unsafe and unfair work condtions. The AEA here in Alabama that's the teachers union they have put money and power ahead of teaching. It's really sad to see some of the legislation that they are pushing. I'm grew up in the north east and had family working in union factories so I have seen both sides. They would look forward to going on strike through the summer months. Strikes drive up prices of goods the factories make. 20 years ago when the factory moved to Mexico the wage was 27.00 per hour 3 weeks paid vacation and paid family insurance retirement etc. That was very good back then but the union wanted more. Now the goods are made south of the border. Unions can be good but they get very gready.

On the bright side with out the teamsters pension fund Vegas would not be what it is today

The South has the most poverty states  (not much Union there). As I said before, when Unions decline so does the middle class. The gap between the haves and have not's is getting wider and wider. Go ahead and keep Unions out of the work force, I am sure Management will be looking out for your best interest.

I worked for a multi national, multi billion dollar heavy industrial manufacturer for many years. At no time was the cost of direct labor over 7% of the final product cost. Every contract period the company would cry crocodile tears over the labor cost.  OMG people were being paid $40 an hour, the unions were communists, workers were lazy, all of it bs. Yes the company fought the unions because of labor costs, a one tenth  percent increase (.001) in compensation in a 50 billion dollar company is $35,000,000 thus meaningful. But was money saved? No, historically the savings on the bottom of the pay scale migrated to the top. Todays CEOs are much better compensated than they used to be.

Unions are a thing of the past. Real wages have not just stagnated but fallen for over 30 years. Regulations ( that all the Faux news pundits carp about) have been largely gutted. So where are the Jobs??? Shouldn't all this have fixed things?

Then we hear how taxes are killing business. Taxes are lower today than at any time since Ronald Reagan.  So where is the economic miracle that, according to the right wing whack-o-sphere, we should be enjoying?

All the things the right wingers whine about have in fact happened, and guess what, working people and those of us who rely on the working class for our living, are screwed.

Trust me, I made a heck of a lot more money and had a whole lot more fun when I was selling gum for a penny.

Archived