Buying machines without keys?

Cloudedjourney

Saw a Beaver spiral gum ball machine on craigslist for sale without keys. Wondering if anyone has had keys made, or replaced, or reordered from Beaver and what the cost was?

Also should I avoid this because the machine could be stolen? Don't want to support the theft of machines.

I agree, likely stolen - I wouldn't support this...  My might look for a sticker that might display owners name and contact.

Lesson?  Place owner identification/contact in hidden places on your machines

Bart

I can't comment on the stolen part, but usually when you buy used machines you want to replace the locks anyway so that you know the previous owner can't find your machine and steal the money out of it.

oooh, what a nefarious thought, I guess that's possible, but I never would have thought that...

I have yet to lose any, though I have one location where every month i expect it to be gone! right by the door behind a wall at a Chinese food restaurant. bhfisher that's a good point, I keep meaning to get stickers made up to put inside with contact info.

In my area no keys = stolen.  But then again I'm in an area of the country with REALLY high property crime (like top in the nation per capita for car thefts)

I've been "given" machines from location owners where the old vendor left the machine, didn't have a website, phone number no longer worked, and contacting them was impossible (I legitimately tried, even posted on here asking for suggestions/comments/what to do help)

Once I took over the machines obviously didn't have keys, but I learned drilling locks is EASY!  it's actually so easy it's a little scary.  (only hard locks to drill are washing machine coin box locks...that one was a nightmare...I owned the machine and someone attempted a break in, ruined the lock so I had to drill instead of use my key).

Get a corded drill + quality "left handed" drill bit + drill in reverse and it's easy to drill candy/gum/toys/others.  (drill bit was $18 since getting a left handed on is hard to do...but once you get a quality one, you'll be able to use it again and again no problem)  

I have yet to lose any, though I have one location where every month i expect it to be gone! right by the door behind a wall at a Chinese food restaurant. bhfisher that's a good point, I keep meaning to get stickers made up to put inside with contact info.

About a month ago I lost 3 machines in one day, pulled up and the business was gone. I did recover 1 of those, they left it in the back room. Still trying to get the landlord on one and the other is just gone.

also check the swapmeets too.

found one of my fruit of the loom pantyhose machines there.

I told the lady it was mine and I was taking it. disappeared from a health club.

she called the cops, I waited. when they got there I described which hose I put in it and the colors. then used my key to open it.

she was gone next time I went there.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want your company labels made for your machines, PM me. I can make custom stickers for your vending route.

We also sell .25, .50 and .75, 1.00 round stickers.

If you want your company labels made for your machines, PM me. I can make custom stickers for your vending route.

We also sell .25, .50 and .75, 1.00 round stickers.

I didn't know that thank you for letting us know. Can you email me label prices

Archived