DN 501-e Screen and coin mec black out

puma

Hi! 

I was out to a customer, to start up my DN after their summer holidays.

Once i had it running for about ten minutes i went back to check on it.

The screen had gone black and the coin mec was also without any lights and didn't react to any orders.

I cheked the fuses and the wires/connecters but they all are okey.

Have you guys seen this happen before and cold anybody help me with some advice?

thanks

If there's no power to the machine at all then you might have tripped the wall breaker.  If this happened you need to unplug the machine, then reset the breaker.  Go back to the machine and in the lower left corner of the cabinet by the lower hinge unplug the compressor from the lamp cord plug.  This will pull out and look like a two prong lamp cord plug.  Now plug the machine in and see if the breaker trips.  If not then plug the compressor back in and see if that trips the breaker.  If it does then you probably have a bad compressor.

If you do have power to all but the items on the door then your problem is power to the transformer (probably up above the lights), a bad transformer that isn't powering the logic board, or a bad logic board.  Begin back at the lower hinge area and look for a black round rubber barrel plug with lamp cord coming out both ends.  This is power to the door and it might have a loose connection between it's two halves.  pull it apart and see if reconnecting it solves the issue.

Hi! 

There is power to the compressor, the machine is cooling like it should do.

So i think i might be the logic board like you say.

I have a spare logic board, i can swap it in after i check the power to the door.

Thanks again for your information.

I have a second issue with the same machine, it would be great if you could help me with that to.

One of the column vends only when you have paid the second time for a product.

it like this: When you pay a dollar and push button for column nr 3, nothing happens, the machine simply

swallows your money and you don't get any product. If you pay another dollar and push button for column nr 3, the machine vends two bottles. So you walk away with two sodas for the price of one. 

Have you seen this before? would be great if you have solution for my biggest headache with this machine:)

Im sorry if my english isn't the best, Im from Norway:) 

It's likely that column 3 is not set up properly.  What size bottle are you vending?  At the very least you will need a bottle shim but the size of your bottle will determine if you need a rod and spring assy. inserted into the rotor.  You must also have the proper timing set on your motor cam and this can change depending on the size of bottle you are vending.  The last possibility is that the motor is bad and has skipped a tooth on a gear or the motor is 180 degrees out of time.

When we installed the machine, all columns worked well for the first 8 months.  

Column nr 3 has always been vending the same product, 0,5 liters coca cola bottles. Thees bottles have not changed in size in many years.

The DN is a secondhand machine for me, so maybe the first owner sold a different product in column nr 3, i dont know since the labels where removed when i bought it.

If the timing is wrong, how do i get the right timing? is it the brown plastic wheel in front of the motor? 

Sorry for being a newbie, but i'm eager to learn  

Okay, the .5 liter bottles equate to 16.9 oz bottles here in the US.  For that product in a narrow column you will need one bottle shim on the right side of the column.  This shim has a 1/4" lip on the bottom edge.  If you have a 1/2" lip then that is a can shim and must be changed for a bottle shim.  You will also need one rod and spring assy. (with no sleeve) to be installed into the length of the rotor.  This will mount into the center of the three holes in the front and back ends of the rotor, with the spring to the back.  This easiest to do when the rotor is facing down.  Set your brown motor cam to two visible notches for the motor switch arm to fall into.  This equates to setting number 3 on the face of the brown cam.

If this setup still results in vending no bottles and then two bottles, your product rotor is probably 180 degrees out of time.  You can remove the brown cams from the motor and rotate them 180 degrees and reinstall them, setting them back to the #3 setting.  This will change the timing of the vend cycles back to where they should be.

Archived