mystery mix displays

hulksmashu00

Ok i have a very large order of toys going in with aa at somepoint in the next couple days. Im still crunching numbers and working out details but the order looks like this so far.

18 bags spongebob 1 inch tat

40 100 piece bags self vend fun time mix 1 inch

18 bags grow animal 1 inch

18 bags silly sports dudes 1 inch

18 bags 27mm bb mix

So my questions are

1. I will be making my own mystery mix by mixing old product in with the fun time self vend what is the best way to go about the display? I was thinking of getting a bunch of the treasure chest displays but should i tape a couple nice toys to it to show off the mix? These are going into 1800 tripple machines so you cant really see the toys just the display.....

2. What are your thoughts on my choices of toys? Im at a .25 price point so was limited to toys at under 20 a bag. The grow animals and silly sports dudes will be my toy options as soon as i run low on the toys i am already running and whatever is left will go in the toy mix for certain locations.

I just use the cardboard display for the fun mix and never had a complaint with "junk mix" mixed in with it. 

Do you have a capsule wheel on those 1-800 machines? If all you have is a 1" GB wheel the toys will not vend unless you get "round" 1" caps.

I just use the cardboard display for the fun mix and never had a complaint with "junk mix" mixed in with it. 

Do you have a capsule wheel on those 1-800 machines? If all you have is a 1" GB wheel the toys will not vend unless you get "round" 1" caps.

Im using the gumball wheels with acorn capsules now the ones allstars toys come in. I had issues until i drilled new holes in the wheels so i could open them all the way up. When you say the toys wont vend do you mean the self vend toys will not vend at all?

Well if you modified the wheel then maybe they will work, since you are vending 1.1" acorn caps. I was just giving you heads up in case you didn't know that a "non modified" gb wheel wouldn't vend a capsuled toy.

Thank you and if you are having that problem take the gumball wheel unscrew the three black screws open it up all the way drill three new holes and screw the screws back in. Then remove the long spring and spacer and they vend perfect.

2. What are your thoughts on my choices of toys? Im at a .25 price point so was limited to toys at under 20 a bag. The grow animals and silly sports dudes will be my toy options as soon as i run low on the toys i am already running and whatever is left will go in the toy mix for certain locations.

I urge caution with the spongebob tattoos in 1" capsules.  It might do fine for you, or it might be terrible.  I can't give the things away in the northeast, even at 25 cents (almost all my toys are 50 cents).  18 bags is a lot of product to be mixing into mystery mixes if it doesn't sell.  Consider lowering the quantity until it's proven.

Grow animals is a good choice.  A consistent good seller and family friendly.  Funtime mix and BB are solid choices.  I've never run the silly sports dudes so I can't comment.

I urge caution with the spongebob tattoos in 1" capsules.  It might do fine for you, or it might be terrible.  I can't give the things away in the northeast, even at 25 cents (almost all my toys are 50 cents).  18 bags is a lot of product to be mixing into mystery mixes if it doesn't sell.  Consider lowering the quantity until it's proven.

Grow animals is a good choice.  A consistent good seller and family friendly.  Funtime mix and BB are solid choices.  I've never run the silly sports dudes so I can't comment.

What 1 inch tats would you suggest? what one sells best for you?

I would not sell 1" tats at all

They are a good seller for me.. i use the trash tats from all star right now and they do well but i have them in restaurants and ive been asked to get a different tat besides the trash ones. They pull quarters where im at.

They are a good seller for me.. i use the trash tats from all star right now and they do well but i have them in restaurants and ive been asked to get a different tat besides the trash ones. They pull quarters where im at.

I've only tried SpongeBob and Madagascar and the Madagascar did a little better but that was 18 months ago when the movies were more current. After that I stopped with 1" tattoos. Sounds like they're working for you though.

I urge caution with the spongebob tattoos in 1" capsules. It might do fine for you, or it might be terrible. I can't give the things away in the northeast, even at 25 cents

I concur. New England hates SB. The unopened cases in my garage remind me everyday.

Same here.

I regularly use the fun mix display or the blast pack display.

Never had one complaint.

What 1 inch tats would you suggest? what one sells best for you?

I'll second Mussers comments about avoiding 1" tattoos.

Those tatts in a cap have done nothing for me -- and I've tried them in all kinds of locations.

In some locations, EVERY OTHER product in my 1" rotation will earn well EXCEPT 1" tattoos.

The only reason I'd buy again is as a junk mix filler, and that price would have to be CHEAP!

Ok i have a very large order of toys going in with aa at somepoint in the next couple days. Im still crunching numbers and working out details but the order looks like this so far.

40 100 piece bags self vend fun time mix 1 inch

18 bags grow animal 1 inch

18 bags silly sports dudes 1 inch

18 bags 27mm bb mix

So my questions are

1. I will be making my own mystery mix by mixing old product in with the fun time self vend what is the best way to go about the display? I was thinking of getting a bunch of the treasure chest displays but should i tape a couple nice toys to it to show off the mix? These are going into 1800 tripple machines so you cant really see the toys just the display.....

The grow animal , the tat and the sports dudes are the worse products you could have chosen. Those will sell slow. There are much better products at AA that will sell better. Sounds like your buying based on price.

The grow animal , the tat and the sports dudes are the worse products you could have chosen. Those will sell slow. There are much better products at AA that will sell better. Sounds like your buying based on price.

I am buying based on price i am limited to .25 vends currently so i need to base my buys on price.

What would you recommend if u dont mind me asking?

Archived