What machine is this?

huynhhh

I used to ruin identically what you are currently and recently changed to gumballs in almost every location! What I found was not only do they usually out sell everything else, but they are cheaper by a huge margin!

The locations I have are a moving company with workers purchasing product (grown men), a towing company and an auto body company.. Does your product go fast like that even with an older environment? Or is it more for a kid one

I've learned to try gumballs everywhere, then I'd they don't sell I trade them out. I have a Mexican restaurant and the one that uses the gumballs more than ALL customers combined is the cook! A 30 year old male! Lol

If you sell 5.00 in gumballs, it's more profit than 8 maybe even 10 in pm&m's or Reeses.

you could use chicle gum and still have similar margins.

The locations I have are a moving company with workers purchasing product (grown men), a towing company and an auto body company.. Does your product go fast like that even with an older environment? Or is it more for a kid one

Gumballs are like any other product.

They will do good, bad, or so-so....results vary from location to location.

But age of customer has little to do with the popularity of gumballs in any given location.

I've learned to try gumballs everywhere, then I'd they don't sell I trade them out. I have a Mexican restaurant and the one that uses the gumballs more than ALL customers combined is the cook! A 30 year old male! Lol

If you sell 5.00 in gumballs, it's more profit than 8 maybe even 10 in pm&m's or Reeses.

Gumballs need special dispensing mechs right?

Thanks for the info!

$5 sale of gb @ 10% cogs = $4.50 gross net. Reeses is a 20% product cost item so $8 sale at 20% cogs= $6.40 gross net. Thats 30% higher. Skittles, runtz, is 20% cogs as well. Mike & ike and hot tamale slightly higher. Dont get me wrong I like vending gb but they cant be used everywhere and why pass up potential locations.

A well run candy route with those products should be no more than 35-40% total expenses not including machine costs.

We must be getting our Reeses at different places! Lol! My cog on those ifs 40%!

Either way, I didn't figure the numbers exact, just using it as an example.

How many Reeses are you giving out so they're only 20%?

$5 sale of gb @ 10% cogs = $4.50 gross net. Reeses is a 20% product cost item so $8 sale at 20% cogs= $6.40 gross net. Thats 30% higher. Skittles, runtz, is 20% cogs as well. Mike & ike and hot tamale slightly higher. Dont get me wrong I like vending gb but they cant be used everywhere and why pass up potential locations.

A well run candy route with those products should be no more than 35-40% total expenses not including machine costs.

My GB run a little over 4% COG.  Reeses are 30-35%

Dont get me wrong I like vending gb but they cant be used everywhere and why pass up potential locations.

Vendors sometimes pass up locations for the sake of simplicity.

There's nothing wrong with vending a variety of products and getting into every location possible.

But, one can also run a successful vending business using a more focused and simple plan with limited product and machine types targeting only certain types of locations.

Then majority (75%)  get tired of same candy so it sits and gets stale and next service they request something else so you have to dump product or pull machines out of locs. Fun fun!!!

Yea, product waste can be an issue with candy.  But many candy vendors don't work that into their equations.  With candy you are eventually going to have ant attacks, heat and humidity problems, locations moving a machine into the sun light, fading and chipping problems, plus the occasional candy left in a hot vehicle for too long, etc.  All that candy in the dumpster adds to your product cost.  I had to throw away many bags of candy in my younger days as a multi-candy vendor.

This is a bit off topic, but since you guys were talking about Reeses...  That product was a major pain in the arse for me when I sold multiple candies.  Very fragile - so just a little heat will melt them.  Reeses tend to get all chipped up if they sit too long in a location.  Reeses also tend to not sell consistently from month to month.  Reeses can start out great and then drop significantly in 3 or 4 cycles.  Of course all candies can drop off over time (also called a Novelty Spike), but Reeses always seemed to have the greatest drop off of all the candies.  I had locations that would practically sell out of Reeses in the first cycle or two, but six months later you can't give them away.  Even had this Reeses novelty spike happen in a senior citizens apartment.  Back in the day, the Reeses was $4.50 a bag.  Today is was over $9.00 at my Sams club.  So it's just not worth messing with those Reeses IMHO.

And I would like to thank Steve in advance for letting me go a bit off topic and vent my frustration with Reese's Pieces!  So glad I just do Runts now. 

This is a bit off topic, but since you guys were talking about Reeses... That product was a major pain in the arse for me when I sold multiple candies. Very fragile - so just a little heat will melt them.

True. I have a couple rules running these products.

- Any shelled chocolate or peanut butter candy has to be in climate controlled environment

- It has to have a consistent sell-down so it dosent sit around and disintegrate.

I have found If you keep product waste low, set minimum sales rates for locations, these can do well.

Archived