single and double head stands?

rodney69

Where's the best place to get stands at? I want to expand into single gumball machines, then expand from there.

We need to cover the area we're in better.

We're going to put oaks, Northwesterns, or Eagles that we'll buy from members on the stands.

Thanks everyone!

Lol! Dang auto correct! Sorry.

probably quill

$40 free shipping

also I have sometimes bought machines just to get the stands

Ive paid as little as $10 - $15

keep scouring craigslist

Are the ones at Quill metal?

And what stands will work on a Oak, Northwestern, or Eagle? Man, I sound like such a Noob! LOL That's what I get for sticking with Uturn for so long! LOL

Are the ones at Quill metal?

And what stands will work on a Oak, Northwestern, or Eagle? Man, I sound like such a Noob! LOL That's what I get for sticking with Uturn for so long! LOL

I ordered some from Quill last month.  They have changed the size of the cast iron base. It used to be 15" like everybody else's.  It is now a 12" base.  Luckily, I needed the stands for a bunch of single charity GB machines.  The pipe that came with them is also just a 24" pipe now instead of a 30 ". Not saying anything was wrong with them but they just looked kind of funny. With the free shipping and discount I used the price ended up being $33.61 a piece.

I ordered some from Quill last month.  They have changed the size of the cast iron base. It used to be 15" like everybody else's.  It is now a 12" base.  Luckily, I needed the stands for a bunch of single charity GB machines.  The pipe that came with them is also just a 24" pipe now instead of a 30 ". Not saying anything was wrong with them but they just looked kind of funny. With the free shipping and discount I used the price ended up being $33.61 a piece.

Is there any way you can post a pic of one with a machine on it next to one with a different stand? That seems awful short, but then again it's only 6"? 

I have both 30" and 24" pipe stands.

I prefer the 24" height much better.

Lower center of gravity.

And it puts the machines closer to younger customers' eyes without making it too low for grown-ups.

I don't own any of the smaller-based pipe stands Hillbilly described.

All of mine have the standard sized base regardless of height.

Frankly, I'd be more concerned with the 20% loss in weight and circumference of the base than a 6" loss of height...even if using for singles.

The price at Quill is not much of a savings (if any) over A&A even though you pay shipping with A&A.

Plus, with A&A you choose 24" or 30" height. They don't just send you what they have in stock.

IMO, it's worth going through A&A in order to hav the full weight and size of a typical base, even if the price turned out to be a little more.

I think some folks have trouble making the move from "consumer" to. "Business person", you are not buying a toaster but an ASSET. Unless you throw it away that stand will still be useable long after you have gone . So what is the cost per month? Buy quality

I don't have a problem buying quality, and prefer to, but need to know what quality is! Lol! I have never had either stand, that's why I ed asking for info. It's always good to here everyone's thoughts!

Sherlock, the difference is 130.00 for 10, but the weight difference that you mentioned makes a difference to me.

I didn't think about that.

Do you or Musser still run single heads?

I still run plenty.

Hope I always do. They're a great asset to any bulk route.

I'm getting ready to buy some. I was just trying to decide if I should put out a bunch of singles, or just put out racks since I've got a bunch of 4's out

Wait, wrong numbers, I would only save 60 for 10, not worth the chance.

Even if it's not a huge risk, whatever risk there is with a smaller/lighter base will compound if you ever decide to add a machine or two for busy locations (to upgrade from a single to a double or triple).  The wider heavier base would be better suited to handle the more top-heavy set-up.

Let me say this again: I do not own any of the smaller-based stands. So I'm not knocking the smaller bases from experience.

I just wouldn't be interested in buying pipe-stands with smaller bases because the base is what primarily steadies your whole set-up no matter what you mount on there.

I'm getting ready to buy some. I was just trying to decide if I should put out a bunch of singles, or just put out racks since I've got a bunch of 4's out

Let your earnings decide.

If by "4 ways" you are referring to vendesign or u-turns the decision on what to install is easy.

Those "4 ways" that are doing well should not be replaced with a single == go with a rack.

Those "4 ways" not doing so well are the ones you should consider going with a single...or a double AT MOST.

Right, I'm referrng to new locations.

All slow 4's are getting replaced and sold to buy singles. I can get enough out of 2 uturns to buy a double with stand.

If you do only charity, then it's going to be rough finding a rack location that lets you do charity, so stick with the singles or doubles.

If you do only commission, do not go with singles or doubles...the commission paid and profits earned off a single/double are not worth it.

If you do both commission and charity, let your experience guide you.

Generally speaking, if the location is better suited to commission because of high-volume foot-traffic, pitch commission and go with a rack.

If the location is better suited for charity, then pitch a charity single or double.

There will be exceptions so keep an eye out for those that don't fall into these generalizations -- but, you will be fine following these guidelines in most businesses.

I'm currently both. I'm probably going to stay that way, then maybe go mostly commission later on. We'll see. It depends on how we grow.

I'm currently maxed out on distance, so I was thinking of doing Gb machines to fill in gaps and try to get in places I can't currently.

Thanks for your advice and knowledge.

I'm currently maxed out on distance, so I was thinking of doing Gb machines to fill in gaps and try to get in places I can't currently.

Great idea.

That's the best thing about running singles...they are great to use between the big stops.

They open up plenty of options that other bulk equipment doesn't when locating.

And if you place them in a concentrated area, those $10-$15 stops really make a difference to your monthly earnings.

Great idea.

That's the best thing about running singles...they are great to use between the big stops.

They open up plenty of options that other bulk equipment doesn't when locating.

And if you place them in a concentrated area, those $10-$15 stops really make a difference to your monthly earnings.

I'm hoping to have service times set up so that I'm stopping for $30 or so for a single. So I'm guessing 2-4 month cycle?

I'm hoping to have service times set up so that I'm stopping for $30 or so for a single. So I'm guessing 2-4 month cycle?

It's all relative.

You can't predict the cycle in a hypothetical context.

Some locations will do $30 in a month with a single.

Some won't do $30 in a year if you leave them that long.

Archived